Yes it's true: this ship has no windows

2»

Comments

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ericsonxx wrote: »
    "Yes it's true your honor, this man has no ----."

Sorry, thats the line I thought of upon seeing thread title.

Yup, I thought of that scene in the mayor's office when I wrote that title.:P
  • Options
    this1isavailablethis1isavailable Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My somraw has no windows and its hull indicator is a B'rel :(
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mondoid wrote: »
    They wouldn't be as visible like the fed ships windows because Klingons prefer low light conditions in their ships.
    Personally I prefer low light conditions, and for this reason I kinda despise summer when it is too bright outside. Black curtains on windows all the way.

Does that mean...I am a real Klingon? :eek:
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what everyones forgetting is that the windows are not windows in the true sense of aa window, they are merely forcefields.

In First Contact, Picard said that the Enterprise E had force field windows so whose to say the klingons dont have them either ? altho it raises interesting questions ie if you disable the window generator do all the crew get sucked out into space ? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    what everyones forgetting is that the windows are not windows in the true sense of aa window, they are merely forcefields.

In First Contact, Picard said that the Enterprise E had force field windows so whose to say the klingons dont have them either ? altho it raises interesting questions ie if you disable the window generator do all the crew get sucked out into space ? :D

Do you actually watch Star Trek?
    Or did you actually watch "First Contact" for that matter, of just that particular scene?:confused::(

How do you do THAT with forcefields?;)
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8831/firstcontacthd0119.jpg

Windows in Star Trek are made out of a transparent material, just not glass.
    In Starfleet's case "Transparent Aliminum".
    I'm not entirely sure what everyone else uses.
    Force-fields are only used when there's a breech.
    Remember, before Picard opened that "window" it was closed off by some kind of bulkhead.
    It's very likely the bulkhead was in place because the window had been blown out.
    If you listen closely in that scene you can actually hear the characteristic sound effect of a forcefield being turned on just before the bulkhead rises.
    So it was not on the entire time.
    And why should it anyway?
    Forcefields consume a lot of power that could be used elsewhere.
    In Star Trek "Nemesis" during the battle with the Scimitar, Riker orders decks that have been sealed off from vacuum by forcefields to be evacuated so the power can be pumped into the shields.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    maybe they have retractable ones like the constituion class.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Re- what?:confused:
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Do you actually watch Star Trek?
    Or did you actually watch "First Contact" for that matter, of just that particular scene?:confused::(

How do you do THAT with forcefields?;)
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8831/firstcontacthd0119.jpg

Windows in Star Trek are made out of a transparent material, just not glass.
    In Starfleet's case "Transparent Aliminum".
    I'm not entirely sure what everyone else uses.
    Force-fields are only used when there's a breech.
    Remember, before Picard opened that "window" it was closed off by some kind of bulkhead.
    It's very likely the bulkhead was in place because the window had been blown out.
    If you listen closely in that scene you can actually hear the characteristic sound effect of a forcefield being turned on just before the bulkhead rises.
    So it was not on the entire time.
    And why should it anyway?
    Forcefields consume a lot of power that could be used elsewhere.
    In Star Trek "Nemesis" during the battle with the Scimitar, Riker orders decks that have been sealed off from vacuum by forcefields to be evacuated so the power can be pumped into the shields.
    notapwefan wrote: »
    Personally I prefer low light conditions, and for this reason I kinda despise summer when it is too bright outside. Black curtains on windows all the way.

Does that mean...I am a real Klingon? :eek:

I think it means you are a bit of a Goth.
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ericsonxx wrote: »
    "Yes it's true your honor, this man has no ----."

"Everything was fine, until ----less, here, shut off the forcefield." :D
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING