test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black screen?

narek15narek15 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Hi everyone!

I'm back into STO and was ready to enjoy the game, and now I have a very good system, so I run everything without a problem. Graphics looks pretty, and the game is very stable. There is only one problem I've noticed, when I enter a planets atmosphere (like Earth) the screen turns brown and then black. The game still keeps going, I can still control the ship, in fact I can even turn the ship around and once I leave the atmosphere everything is normal again. Same problem goes for Defera, but not just the planet's atmosphere. As soon as I warp in the screen turns black, I can control the ship, can even warp out to leave into sector space, but I can't see anything on Defera's orbit. The fact that I can still see the GUI suggests that this may have to do with an atmospheric effect, or may be some texture. Does anyone know how to solve this problem or encountered something similar?

P.S. All my drivers are up to date, and I have no other problems with the game what so ever. I have 4 GB of RAM, an Intel 3000 HD GPU (it's integrated, but handles the game with no problems), Intel i5 dual core with hyper-threading and Windows XP.
Captain Narek of the USS Atlantis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by narek15 on

Comments

• ikemansikemans Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im having the same issue in the Deferra zone, warping into system and beaming down to Raveah 2, and im all up to date as well. Not sure how to correct this yet.
  • azrael511azrael511 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same 'black' screen problem with defera...
    have had it for about 3 months now...

I can see the headers and name tags, but no ships, nothing just empty black, not even my ship appears. my HUD is still active and I can see movement from other ships, because their name tags are moving around. I reported the bug in-game about a week ago with no response yet... but didnt think it would be any time soon...

running a full up to date system with intel HD graphics, and all updates are current...
  • gbuster13gbuster13 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just did a quick check: black screen on Holodeck but absolutely FINE on tribble.
  • gbuster13gbuster13 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's the current Holodeck version and a DX11 issue. Dropping to DX9 fixed the problem. Again, works fine on Tribble under DX11. I'll just use DX9 until the expansion is on live and then switch back to 11.