test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange problem

solazorsolazor Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi,

Not certain if this is the place to expose the problem I have with the "exchange", but the support section seems to be a good place to start.

So, the problem/issue I have is very simple. I have some Ferasan Nepeta Leaves to sell and also some Unrefined Ketracel. So I do what needs to be done.

1. I drag my item from my inventory in the section mentioned;
2. I set the number of the selected item I want to sell, then, select the price at which I want to sell it;
3. And then, I the click, POST

So, what happens after that is that I simply CANNOT see my goods on sell when I look up the exchange and neither my friend. It's as if my things never get on the market.

What am I doing wrong here?

If someone can help me on this I would be very gratefull.

Thx in advance
Post edited by solazor on

Comments

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Be sure to use at least one filter. For example, if you are listing a hypo, click on Personal Device before searching. If you listed a purple beam array, click on either Very Rare, or Ship Weapons.
  • solazorsolazor Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have been doing exactly that, and although I can see all the Unrefined Ketracel & Ferasan Nepeta Leaves sold by other players, yet mine never shows up on the list. I have tried selling it for 1 energy credit just to make sure I would quickly spot it on the list but yet no matter what price I set it at, it simply never shows up for sell. I am really at a loss here and I cannot explain it other than some sort of "bug/problem" with the exchange...
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    solazor wrote: »
    I have been doing exactly that, and although I can see all the Unrefined Ketracel & Ferasan Nepeta Leaves sold by other players, yet mine never shows up on the list. I have tried selling it for 1 energy credit just to make sure I would quickly spot it on the list but yet no matter what price I set it at, it simply never shows up for sell. I am really at a loss here and I cannot explain it other than some sort of "bug/problem" with the exchange...

I have experienced the same problem with all my toons. Sometimes it shows up after posting but most times they don't. I can never tell if others can see them or they're in some kind of Exchange limbo and get returned to me when they get stale dated. I even take them off the market and repost but to no avail. I thought I was the only one with this problem. Devs please fix this in the next patch. The exchange is such an important part of the game and deserves to be done right!
    edited September 2012
    sonulinu2 wrote: »
    The exchange is such an important part of the game and deserves to be done right!

So true, so, so true.

Also, a friend of mine went to the exchange after I mentioned that to him so he could confirm with me the problem I am experiencing, and never, was he able to see my items. No matter the amount of items I put up for sale, the price I set those at, never was he able to see any of my items.

I would dare to presume that several players are experiencing this particular problem with the exchange...
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You simply have to narrow down the search with ALL factors.

Name -
    Rank -
    Rarity -
    Item Type -

and then hope your result is there somewhere between the first 400 results.
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You simply have to narrow down the search with ALL factors.

Name -
    Rank -
    Rarity -
    Item Type -

and then hope your result is there somewhere between the first 400 results.

I have done this. And sometimes you can't narrow it down very much, take lockboxes for example, you can only use, "Any Rank", "Any Quality", and "All" item type for them to display and still my posted ones don't show up. This also happens even for those items that can be narrowed down. I'm glad that it works for you but it is pretty clear that there is a problem here for me, and it sounds like for several others as well.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If using filters isn't working for you, all I can say is that the exchange search engine has been borked on and off - mostly on - since.... well, the beginning.

I'll reiterate previous posts of mine calling for a complete revamp - from the ground up.
    edited September 2012
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    I'll reiterate previous posts of mine calling for a complete revamp - from the ground up.

The ground up, indeed.

On my side, it's pretty simple, I just cannot put anything up for sell. Period.

No matter what price I put it at, the numbers of items, the quality, you name it, it just won't show up on the list.

This should be a top priority for the people in charge to fix this up.

Anyways, just got to live with it for now I guess. :(
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can't see items that the character you're currently logged in with listed.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited September 2012
    You can't see items that the character you're currently logged in with listed.

I was logged into the game with a friend, we re-tested it, and indeed, he saw my items for sale. Of course I can't see any of the items I put up, but at least now I know why.

Thank you very much for pointing that out.

I use StarTrek online Wiki for references and when I was looking up the Exchange, this "important" detail is not there, which it should I think.

Again, thank you. Problem solved. :)
  • klikkmester26klikkmester26 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hy!

1. Sorry for the bad english :((
    2. I lost 100.000 EC, twice... Why? Who has stolen? Or what happened???
    Help :))
  • nexotronnexotron Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have the same problem, my goods arent visible for the people, so actually i can't sell them, and i really want to sell my purple mk XII accx2 dhc for example.....
    But I guess the exchange works as intended, and some just can not sell their stuff......
    Maybe this can be fixed, atleast this century, and yes i am a bit pissed because of that.
    Thank you for your attention.
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    this is a real problem. i have a couple high EC items; reward pack ships, that are not showing up on the exchange. i can't see them, friends in the fleet can't see the items for sale on the exchange.

this really needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Having Same issue. Mostly with weapons and reward pack items. I chose all correct categories.... and nothing.... logged-off... logged-in with different character..... nothing......asked fleet-mates to check.......nothing again. My items not showing.