test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Playstation 4: new hope for Console STO?

2»

Comments

• Options
    erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PS3/Xbox 360 can handle this game already. I don't see STO moving to the newer platforms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rayusrayus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't confuse Playstation with Xbox, I know people on Xbox and PS3, i've had both and Xbox is where the morons are. And you gotta take the good with the bad

Nah, there are morons everywhere. The biggest contributing factor to this difference you may notice is the fact that PS3s don't come with a headset out of the box.

I've still given up on a number of multiplayer matches on PSN because of trolls with a mic. :o
  • Options
    rayusrayus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    I'm NOT confusing them. I'm just lumping them all together under the term "console-players". ;)

Someones never played W o W :rolleyes:
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They're not gonna port a 3+ year old game to a new hardware platform unless it was mega successful. And a spin-off/sidequel is even more unlikely.

Besides, Cryptic might not even have the rights to pursue a game like that. Without knowing what their license covers, they might only have the exclusive rights for an MMO on the PC platform. Someone else might have console MMO rights.

What I maintain is that I think the future for MMOs is cloud gaming for console ports and Mac ports... and I could see PW examining this. But it will either require massive improvements in internet speed or games designed to compensate for twitch issues resulting from playing remotely.

But I am very impressed with the cloud gaming I have seen. I'm not unconvinced it could work in STO.
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What I maintain is that I think the future for MMOs is cloud gaming for console ports and Mac ports... and I could see PW examining this. But it will either require massive improvements in internet speed or games designed to compensate for twitch issues resulting from playing remotely.

But I am very impressed with the cloud gaming I have seen. I'm not unconvinced it could work in STO.

had to come back to this, I strongly think that it could work, I mean Defiance is going to be a cross platform MMO, granted it was designed to be but still
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]