test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 21, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited February 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, February 21st, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm so glad you modified the fleet mark rewards the way you did. I can't help but feel this is your way of saying, "THERE, ARE YA HAPPY NOW???". I know I am.

All we have to do is address the PvE AFKer problem and we should be just about done with this situation.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I quote a fleetmate: My god, it's full of marks! *sucked into game*

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    still lack lusting of content still. :(
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll let Ackbar speak for me :D
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i still dont see what the problem was, fleet marks was never an issue with fleets, its the dilithium costs, even the devs know this issue and want to resolve it. too bad it wasnt dil thrown into everything instead of fleet marks D:
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Resolved an issue that prevented some players from assigning Bridge Officers to their ships.
    The damage dealt by Temporal Disruption Device and Bio-Neural Warheads have been restored to their values from before the prior patch.
    Resolved an issue that occasionally put all abilities into a 2 minute cooldown.

Nice, I love seeing stuff get fixed. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    smagatonsmagaton Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey guys, you forgot both of the poor Officer of the watch!!! You should just remove the 20 hour limit on both of them, it's not worth it to go to Both the Starbase and the embassy for 5 little marks that are on a 20 HOUR cooldown:eek:
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,799 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    adding fleetmarks to pvp ? , when did pvp become fleet based ? .

only 1 day on tribble ? , is that realy enough time to test it ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think they are wanting to encourage fleets to PvP together. I think it's a good idea.

well we will have to agree to disagree then
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think they are wanting to encourage fleets to PvP together. I think it's a good idea.

Loads of my fleet colleagues are setting up pvp's for our fleet only, as an "fleet" event and testing out their set ups.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    captainhundleycaptainhundley Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When are we going to get working Tholian Red Alerts in Tau Dewa?
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    adding fleetmarks to pvp ? , when did pvp become fleet based ? .

only 1 day on tribble ? , is that realy enough time to test it ?

PvP always takes a minimum of two players to perform so in effect it can be argued it is a group activity. Most people I know play several people per side anyways with fellow fleeties in private matches. It's also only offered once per day on the daily wrapper.

I also don't think it takes much testing to just change the numbers but then again more has gone wrong in the past over less. I'm happy about the upcoming changes across the board.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    tuu1tuu1 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    Yup still a lagging game atm pity really, dilith and refining it is the issue and the Devs know it. They will not make it to easy to refine in the future I mean 8k a day maybe a little more but still. I mean I have a small fortune of useless dilithium but only 8 k is really worth anything in one 24 hour period. Yup you Devs were right there is more useless dilithium to be made but only 8 k is useful 8 friggen k. I know most of you do not see other players game issues and prob do not care, but i must state that PWE is way behind the 8 ball on service. The ticket system is not great and no one responds. I do hope you guys can sort it but I am not wasting anymore time on this game, server stability is my main gripe LAGGING post Dec 7th has gotten worse and now unplayable. Whats the point being fleet leader and not being able to play. I really do think we who are not Europe and the USA get a lot less help. So Enjoy your ranking up people cause after you hit the top, the game tends to lack any true playable meaning and is boring. I hear this a lot so much it does my head in, no new real star trek content, just what I call BS content (New PVE missions) Where are the real spell binding stories and battles? Why the heck does Q come back and why do the space battles seem 1 dimensional? I mean LOL most pve for me are so easy and lacks a real need for tactics.
    Boom few cannon salvos an ability here and there and shes is dead woo hoo. Lol that bc that cloaks and dies from a single salvo yeaaa peace all trekkers hope you do not get any issues in the future all the best
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just happy that it only took a week to fix the BOff problem and the "2Min Universal Cooldown". Because that really wasn't having an adverse effect on the gaming experience.
    So what if you are in the middle of an Elite STF and one of 5 has to fly off into space.

You don't think that those two should have been addressed Last Friday?
    You knew on Thurs that the Thurs Patch broke it.
    Was Taiwan on a long Holiday and you couldn't get permission to Fix anything?
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PvP has always been an inherently fleet-friendly activity. As early as Closed Beta, there were entire fleets forming for the express purpose of PvP, and many of the best PvPers in the game got that way because they had strong support from many friends gathered together to discuss strategy and tactics.

Cryptic's also had a long history of wanting to provide reasons for non-PvPers to give it a try. If you want challenge to come from something other than just more HP and higher DPS from the enemy, there's nothing that can compare.

Adding more Fleet Marks to PvP is a no-brainer; they just need to make sure it doesn't add more AFKers. However, fleet-based PvPing is a good cure for AFKers; you're grouping with people you know. Assuming the whole fleet isn't there to AFK...
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey, only a few more hours until I get angry when I see how much Dil it will cost for a purple DOFF from the Omega store! Hooray!

On a serious note, can we start publicly making fun of people who can't tell the difference between a programmer who debugs and a programmer who creates content and thinks that complaining to one about the other makes any sense at all? Because that would be swell.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really like the changes and fixes in the patch, except for Azure Nebula. Azure Nebula is the only quick 5 man space mission for romulan marks in the ques, it needs to give more rom marks not fleet ones imo.

Anyways, this will really get me pumped for the 5 man starbase defense mission, it's my favorite one in the game and I really appreciate the buff.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i like this patch because it gives me more ways to earn fleet marks but i still dont see any comments by the devs to fix all the other problems fleet marks removel was the tipping point.
    AFK players will still sit there and get a even bigger reward now bugs like fixing ship when ur in elite stf brings up wrong ship i know ill delete my shuttle.
    or u buy a new ship and can not slot boff with out changing maps and some times u have to log in and out. and meny more bugs that just wind u up i cant think of them all at the moment.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    2 hours ???

ROFL

This must be a monster patch.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    ...or u buy a new ship and can not slot boff with out changing maps and some times u have to log in and out. and meny more bugs that just wind u up i cant think of them all at the moment.

Reading comprehension, how does it work?

From the linked patch notes: "Resolved an issue that prevented some players from assigning Bridge Officers to their ships."

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
  • Options
    waarderwaarder Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pingahead wrote: »
    I just happy that it only took a week to fix the BOff problem and the "2Min Universal Cooldown". Because that really wasn't having an adverse effect on the gaming experience.
    So what if you are in the middle of an Elite STF and one of 5 has to fly off into space.

You don't think that those two should have been addressed Last Friday?
    You knew on Thurs that the Thurs Patch broke it.
    Was Taiwan on a long Holiday and you couldn't get permission to Fix anything?

Why do you still complain? Be happy its fixed.
    I dont get it that people constantly complain....
  • Options
    vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Now we can STFU:D
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    waarder wrote: »
    Why do you still complain? Be happy its fixed.
    I dont get it that people constantly complain....

Like you just did? Complain about people complaining...:confused:
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    vesolc wrote: »
    Now we can STFU:D

I see my sig works...;)
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    On a serious note, can we start publicly making fun of people who can't tell the difference between a programmer who debugs and a programmer who creates content and thinks that complaining to one about the other makes any sense at all? Because that would be swell.

Yeah, we can put them there with the people who insistently complain on the ship release blogs about the lack of content to use the ship on. Ship Designer is not a mission author. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    wilusawilusa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm a big fan of all these fixes!! Now if we can just raise the dil cap a smige that would be much appreciated! :rolleyes:
    ee35678e98b44a8e156730c58125ec53.jpg
This discussion has been closed.