test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Utterly appalled by handling of bugs in STO (here are some bug reports)

n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I don't know whose to blame for this...who should be fired, or even who is responsible for fixing these.

Bug Number 1: Fleet chat is constant missing from chat drop down options. This is at least a month old if not older. HAS NOT BEEN FIXED.

Bug Number 2: Cannot slot Bridge officers into slots on ships. HALF TRIBBLE FIX.

Bug Number 3: Klingon space missions about gorath and forcas III are black screens for quite a few people. UNSURE IF MANY HAVE THIS ISSUE.

Bug Number 4: Sector Alerts don't always spawn mobs and simply warp you back out. This problem has been around since Borg alerts. HAS NOT BEEN FIXED.

Bug Number 5: When I explode..I cannot, turn my ship. I can only fly in a straight line. Not sure who else gets this. UNSURE IF MANY HAVE ISSUE

These are glaring issues...and Im sure there are more Im missing. Honestly..I am sickened with the apparent lack of quality that seems to be surrounding this game. You people(PWE/cryptic) Seem more interested in shoving the next lockbox down our throats then actually fixing this game....and really....I can see the quality. Or better...lack of quality.
I've been playing this game since it was released....3 years later...and several massive patchs/updates later and bugs, horrible..game breaking bugs are allowed to roam free in game for weeks, months and longer.

Please actually spend some time fixing this game.
4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
Post edited by n0vastarone on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As far as I know, PWE doesn't get involved with the actual development of the game. They might be completely responsible for introducing lockboxes to the game, introducing dilithium, and other things to generate more income by heavily suggesting ideas to Cryptic, but the day to day operations are done by Cryptic. Who is responsible for fixing these problems is Cryptic and fixing bugs sometimes takes a long time to track down and develop a suitable fix. Not trying to defend anyone, but what we consider simple to fix is usually not.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited February 2013
    i have to agree, the fleet chat should have been fixed the next patch after it was broken..
    devs are being lazy on this one.. or maybe they dont know how..

there are several broken and almost unplayable missions.. you have to get lucky at the end to get the reward, if you dont you have to start over... the ds9 missions come to mind.. been this way since i started.

and the borg red alerts have also been broken since i started playing.. almost a year now..

i think they are beyond the devs experience to fix..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Gotta love how my topic got moved. And yet I got no reply from anyone on the forums. :/ quality at it's finest. Put this topic where no one looks.
  • Options
    gaiuscrastinusgaiuscrastinus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am in absolute agreement with n0vastarone, the people responisble for this game are pathetic. I have never before has a problem with STO and that includes when i played on a USB Dongal modem. Now, in the last 72 hours i have had the beloved Auto updater problem, got around that thanks to the people who here who have taken time out to post help for those like me. With the launcher prob out of the way i suddenly encountered the Bridge Officer slot bug, again thanks to the great people here on these forums (Cryptic support appears non existant) i got that solved. Then came the real TRIBBLE kicker, oh yes it will let me into the game and i im back in Earth Spacedock, i can even see other players, yet i appear to unable to do anything. I cannot change the instance, i cannot beam out, every time i press L the events, callender are blank. The /stuck /killme does not function, i can move around a little but then am transported back to the same position where i started. I cannot overcome this particular problem, despite the many suggestions that people here have kindly posted. I cannot begin to tell you the number of times i have unistalled and re-downloaded this bloody game, irrelevant if its a direct download, torrent, file planet, steam, nothing has worked. I have tried creating new characters and have succeded in getting a hour of normal play, yet everytime i log off and then back on, i'm back in the non functioning instance again. i cannot understand that in more than two years i have never had ANY issues with STO and now this. I am a F2P player and am very grateful that i have been allowed to participate in this game, yet Cryptics apparent lack of interest in those of us (and there appear to be many, paying gamers or otherwise) is completely galling. It's the same old story, Paramount/CBS, Activision and many others, who have taken the name Star Trek with the sole objective of making as much cash and profit as possible while doing as little as possible. And what is Star Trek? It is a failed late 1960's television show that has stood the test of the 40+ years only because of it's legions of fans around the world. And so where there is passion, there is also greed. As far as Cryptic is concerned, if you have no problems with their game fine. If you do have issues well that's fine too...like it or lump it. If any money should be going anywhere then it should be going to those people on these forums who have taken the time to post every manner of possible fixes to help those of us stuck with the issues, that in some cases have been running for more than half a year. They are the ones who should be getting paid. So i would like to say thank you again to all of you who have tried help, alas i am doomed to be one of those that cannot play this game. Maybe next year they will have sorted it out. Until then Live long and prosper and good luck, you're going to need it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Honestly..there needs to be a quality control department or something. With the amount of spam for So and so has unlocked X-ship. I know they are raking in money. I too have spent more then I wanna admit on those lockboxes.

So really..Cryptic? PWE? Some technical support please?
  • Options
    joelleyjoelley Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like the bugs, they are like the squeaks and rattles from an old car, annoying at first but endearing in time, when they are gone it's just not the same ;)

Then wait until you queue patiently for an STF and have a "bug" kick you out during the loading screen when server times out on you.

Or have to start a mission over again 3 or 4 times due to the same load screen timeout.

Or in fact get kicked at random anytime a load screen appears then have to restart the game just to log back in.

Bugs are not endearing, they are costing the game players, and therefore income.

And just like an old car, when it starts costing too much, you scrap it at the junkyard and get something else.
    [SIGPIC]Patch.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am in absolute agreement with n0vastarone, the people responisble for this game are pathetic. I have never before has a problem with STO and that includes when i played on a USB Dongal modem. Now, in the last 72 hours i have had the beloved Auto updater problem, got around that thanks to the people who here who have taken time out to post help for those like me. With the launcher prob out of the way i suddenly encountered the Bridge Officer slot bug, again thanks to the great people here on these forums (Cryptic support appears non existant) i got that solved. Then came the real TRIBBLE kicker, oh yes it will let me into the game and i im back in Earth Spacedock, i can even see other players, yet i appear to unable to do anything. I cannot change the instance, i cannot beam out, every time i press L the events, callender are blank. The /stuck /killme does not function, i can move around a little but then am transported back to the same position where i started. I cannot overcome this particular problem, despite the many suggestions that people here have kindly posted. I cannot begin to tell you the number of times i have unistalled and re-downloaded this bloody game, irrelevant if its a direct download, torrent, file planet, steam, nothing has worked. I have tried creating new characters and have succeded in getting a hour of normal play, yet everytime i log off and then back on, i'm back in the non functioning instance again. i cannot understand that in more than two years i have never had ANY issues with STO and now this. I am a F2P player and am very grateful that i have been allowed to participate in this game, yet Cryptics apparent lack of interest in those of us (and there appear to be many, paying gamers or otherwise) is completely galling. It's the same old story, Paramount/CBS, Activision and many others, who have taken the name Star Trek with the sole objective of making as much cash and profit as possible while doing as little as possible. And what is Star Trek? It is a failed late 1960's television show that has stood the test of the 40+ years only because of it's legions of fans around the world. And so where there is passion, there is also greed. As far as Cryptic is concerned, if you have no problems with their game fine. If you do have issues well that's fine too...like it or lump it. If any money should be going anywhere then it should be going to those people on these forums who have taken the time to post every manner of possible fixes to help those of us stuck with the issues, that in some cases have been running for more than half a year. They are the ones who should be getting paid. So i would like to say thank you again to all of you who have tried help, alas i am doomed to be one of those that cannot play this game. Maybe next year they will have sorted it out. Until then Live long and prosper and good luck, you're going to need it.

Good lord, you know how to use the enter key right ?
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Bug Number 5: When I explode..I cannot, turn my ship. I can only fly in a straight line. Not sure who else gets this. UNSURE IF MANY HAVE ISSUE

I know what causes this. It happens when you die and have an enemy targeted. If you don't untarget the enemy while you are dead, when you respawn your ship will home in on the target like its some kind of heat-seaking missile. You can't turn the ship and it will just fly straight towards that target. You can regain control by un-targeting whatever you were fighting.

I want you to know this bug really frustrated me for the longest time. There was this one time in a Fleet Alert when a Recluse blew me up and when I respawned I tried to gain control by using evasive maneuvers. My ship shot right into the recluse and stuck to it like we were attached with glue. I died again when the Recluse blew up and I'm like "WTF!?"

I was so happy to figure out how to stop it. lol
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Helpful..but still a bug that should be quashed. Ten bucks says we get another lockbox header before we get a bug report.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Still nothing...and no updates from cryptic. Go figure.
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have been getting the no turn after dying as well, I thought it was something i was doing.
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't forget that more than 1/2 of the ship shields in game are broke and don't regen as they should. Only the "regenerative shield" and plain Jane "Shield" types actually regen correctly.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, I asked my wife why she's looking for a new game, after I just got her to try this one with me. Her answer was not focused as much on the boff bug making her unable to play (which did TRIBBLE her off, don't get me wrong) but more the complete lack of anything resembling a good customer service experience when she tried to get support for it and the fact that there has been nothing other than a "we'll see what we can do" and useless popup with bad information (No guys, changing sectors does NOT always work, stop making it look like a minor bug with a simple workaround...we're not as stupid as you seem to think we are.).

Good job.
  • Options
    plotacourseplotacourse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, I asked my wife why she's looking for a new game, after I just got her to try this one with me. Her answer was not focused as much on the boff bug making her unable to play (which did TRIBBLE her off, don't get me wrong) but more the complete lack of anything resembling a good customer service experience when she tried to get support for it and the fact that there has been nothing other than a "we'll see what we can do" and useless popup with bad information (No guys, changing sectors does NOT always work, stop making it look like a minor bug with a simple workaround...we're not as stupid as you seem to think we are.).

Good job.

If your wife finds a new game I'd appreciate a heads up as I am just about ready to abandon ship myself. I am really disgusted with Cryptic's lack of any real response over this issue. Indeed, they fail to respond satisfactorily to any issue that impacts their players' enjoyment of the game. I despise the fact that they are happy to respond to issues that they believe are favorable to them, and do so with a smile, but anything that makes a game unplayable they just don't care.
  • Options
    jadebgreenjadebgreen Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've had almost every bug from that initial list happen to me and then some. the major two for me currently are that my as said before fleet chat is repeatedly going missing, but add on top of that for me it's not just my fleet chat. I could lose up to 4-5 of my channels, maybe have zone or local left. I basically lose all ability to communicate in game which is extremely frustrating.

and the other is this bloody 2 min cool down on all abilities including weapons. this has cost me and 4 other unfortunate people to be teamed with me to lose several STFs due to me not being able to do a dam thing at critical moments where I'd otherwise have been able to.

these are only a small few to the list of problems I've been having but of course the other big one is every time I submit an in game support ticket it says submitted then seems to disappear instantly as if I never made one.

Cryptic or PWE whoever the hell handles the game at this point you need to stop focusing on these bloody lock boxes and FIX the things that players desperately need to have a good and enjoyable *playable* experience. it's both disgusting and disturbing the lack of attention to mechanics and the players themselves this game has received in recent months and more appalling that the staff of this game feel that's acceptable.

I've tried very hard over these last few months not to complain about the state but it's just hit that point where I don't even do anything active in the game any more. just try and help my fleet mates with workarounds to problems when I am able to speak in game.

and should an admin or staff see this and I'm not trying to sound like an elitist when I say this but I'm a lifetime subscriber. How in the hell have I been booted as a silver player for "priority login"? please explain.
    Formerly:
    Jagged_Jade on the forums
  • Options
    drgfirdrgfir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    occasionally when fighting in STOs lately i have been getting a 2 min timers on all my ability's, this is aggravating when trying to fight in any mission.

also when this happens i have no use of the impulse engines.

so i am forced to do nothing ,no way to help for 2 min.

today this happened in STO Kitohmer elite more than 6 times.

Can anyone explain this problem.

or if anyone else is having same issues.

Almost unplayable...............
  • Options
    tovalmorgantovalmorgan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the sad sad truth is that they are in this to take money from players wallets and put it into their pockets.

which means they care more about lock boxes and cstore TRIBBLE than they do about fixing bugs and developing game play.

if they can't see a return on investment for their time/energy, they most likely wont do it. so why fix a few bugs that don't impact their money making ability when they can focus dev resources on coming up with more cstore/lock box TRIBBLE.

I guarantee if they have a bug pop up that stonewalls them from selling box keys or cstore ships they will implement emergency maintenance to fix it. but other issues that would be emergency fixes for any good quality game get shelved for 'normal maintenance' or scrapped all together.

I wish cryptic would have been bought by activision instead of PWE. At least then we'd probably have a good quality MMO, instead of the cashgrab game we have now
    "We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."