test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

E.T.A for fixing the bugs on this game. Devs please read.

chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Devs. Can we please have an E.T.A for fixing the bugs on this game.
2 of them that i know of being,
The stf 2 minute cooldown bug and the liberated borg doff project bug.
I have already paid for the liberated borg doffs,and expect to receive them completely free.
As for the stf cooldown bug,i know of many who are very unhappy and TRIBBLE off with that.
Post edited by chaz200565 on

Comments

• Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The fact that we have had to go an entire weekend enduring two game-breaking bugs (2 min cooldown, and boff station bug) is simply absurd.

Pick-and-choose dev support at its best.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Working as intended!
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Working as intended!

working as intended is an absurd stupid thing to say.
    No one should have to put up with these bugs,and as for taking ages to get anything fixed,that is not fair.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want.

What we need is NO BUGS in the game.
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chaz200565 wrote: »

And you honestly think they can snap their fingers and fix all the bugs in a few days? This stuff takes time to figure out and fix. Sit down, relax and wait.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    And you honestly think they can snap their fingers and fix all the bugs in a few days? This stuff takes time to figure out and fix. Sit down, relax and wait.

Previous bugs have been fixed,so why this is taking longer beats me.
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    working as intended is an absurd stupid thing to say.
    No one should have to put up with these bugs,and as for taking ages to get anything fixed,that is not fair.

You must be new around here.
  • Options
    chorkswaldchorkswald Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Grethor will freeze over before that day comes........With the twiking an fixn cause you all love to whine there will allways be bugs just be glad these arnt game breaking bugs like the "Maco shield" bug (reduced all damage by 90%) the "Jem hadar shields" had a constant brace for impact on an associated doffs the "VOLDERMORT" bug where one could get unlimited comander slots on your ship after doing doomsday mission the "Ground CD Doff" that decreasd all space cd all of these we had to live with for days or months at a time so dont whine about your silly problems mkay....they arnt the end of the world unlike above^
    "But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2013

lets see, marauder boff bug - more than 1 year(still unfixed)
    helmet KHG/omega/maco - 3 months(fixed a week ago) and its still missing the be'ves KHG chest which is also bugged, but hey, who cares about KDF

and those are just a few bugs
    Previous bugs have been fixed,so why this is taking longer beats me.

as someone said before, you must be new here.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That is the bug you want fixed?

Well I want the kdf marauder boff costume bug fixed.
    And the fleet corsair costume bug fix.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The STF 2 minute cooldown bug and the liberated borg doff project bug.
    I have already paid for the liberated borg doffs,and expect to receive them completely free.
    As for the stf cooldown bug,i know of many who are very unhappy and TRIBBLE off with that.
    The single most important thing on fixing a bug is if it can be easily reproduced. If it can't be reproduced at will, the chance of fixing it is pretty small.

The Liberated Borg DOff in the Rep Store is easily reproducible and should be fixed quickly once it's been prioritised. But I'm guessing that because it's not a game breaking bug, it won't be giving a high priority. But it may be fixed quickly if it's simple enough for it tto be considered "low hanging fruit".

The 2min total global cooldown won't be fixed unless people work out how to reproduce it on demand. I've read a post where someone thinks it is to do with Engineering Team. I know a fleetmate who hit this problem last night and I think he uses EngTeam. So tonight we'll do some testing and see if we can reproduce it on demand. I also use EngTeam as an emergency heal, but haven't run into this problem after doing 4 STF last night. So it's possibly a combienation of factors.

As for "expect to receive them completely free", you have paid to unlock the DOff in the store, and that would have been a handful of marks and no dilithium. You're going to have to pay dilithium if actually buy Borg DOffs from the Rep Store.

Edit: Seems the Dev team have worked out how to reproduce the 2min cooldown bug. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8102051&postcount=83
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually, yes. Any respectable game dev would have it fixed within a day. You are way to used to Cryptic and STO, lol. Most other MMOs I know of, their devs would NEVER make it's playerbase wait days to fix game breaking bugs. Ever. Period. And their crews are smaller than STOs. I don't know what's up with Cryptic on this issue, but it's inexcusable. They could do better, but they obviously won't make the effort and will continue to hide behind the free to play veil that their customer base tends to create for them to excuse them.

Unless the cstore goes down or the server then they fix that **** within HOURS, I guarantee it. If it effects their income it's fixed stat. If it doesn't then there's no rush. Standard procedure. So like if you can't slot your BOFFS, they tell one guy to fix it over days. If the cstore goes down they would probably be in panic mode and be all like, PUT EVERYBODY ON FIXING THAT RIGHT NOW. I don't blame them. It's just amusing to think about it happening.
  • Options
    zodiemishzodiemish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Added to that. You can never get a game that is 100% bug free. more or less an MMO..

That being said. Some bugs should take priority over others. For example the BOFF bug. Right now Every character of mine is effected by it, and the space game is completely unplayable. I have looked and tried every fix out side of releasing all my Boff and getting new ones. ( Some powers that I have are worth waiting for a fix. )

So a problem like that should be fixed ASAP because it is a money costing problem. If the game doesn't work for me.. then why should I spend money on it. Or play it for that matter.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The stf 2 minute cooldown bug and the liberated borg doff project bug.

We are currently streamlining our bug reporting process while we continue to accept bug reports. A fix on the bug reporting process is "a ways out on our radar." There is a good chance that you'll see a fix in a future update. It will be thrown into the stretch goal list for one of the seasons in 2015. Also, we are looking to make some general changes and improvements to how bug reports function later this year.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is how I fixed a bug....I logged in with the intent on buying some zen and found out that I couldn't slot my boffs. So, I logged out and bought cartel coins for my SWTOR character.
  • Options
    foxinthesnowfoxinthesnow Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Interestingly, the bugs that cryptic fixes always seems to be the ones that are player friendly.

For example - Back when season 6 started there was a player friendly bug in colony invasion. When you healed/beamed up an injured colonist they would just stay there and the entire team could scan the 3 injured colonist giving everyone extra fleet marks, they fixed that bug within the week. There is also another bug in colony invasion. When you get hit while scanning/beaming out the diplomat you lose the bonus objeective fleet marks, even if you re-scan the diplomat again. Over half a year later that bug has yet to be fixed.

I suppose it could be becasue the latter bug would require extensive re-coding of the map, it's hard not to be a little cynical, though.

[Cross post from another bug thread.]
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    romuzarii wrote: »
    Actually, yes. Any respectable game dev would have it fixed within a day. You are way to used to Cryptic and STO, lol. Most other MMOs I know of, their devs would NEVER make it's playerbase wait days to fix game breaking bugs. Ever. Period. And their crews are smaller than STOs. I don't know what's up with Cryptic on this issue, but it's inexcusable. They could do better, but they obviously won't make the effort and will continue to hide behind the free to play veil that their customer base tends to create for them to excuse them.

Unless the cstore goes down or the server then they fix that **** within HOURS, I guarantee it. If it effects their income it's fixed stat. If it doesn't then there's no rush. Standard procedure. So like if you can't slot your BOFFS, they tell one guy to fix it over days. If the cstore goes down they would probably be in panic mode and be all like, PUT EVERYBODY ON FIXING THAT RIGHT NOW. I don't blame them. It's just amusing to think about it happening.

This just shows that you clearly lack an understanding of how coding and the game works.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All he said, was that other games with smaller teams has fixed bugs. You clearly lack the understanding of the written word.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    romuzarii wrote: »

Don't make the effort?

Have you checked out the Bug Report section, specifically the one about the 2 min cooldown bug, not only has a QA dev been posting in that thread regularly encouraging people to assist with tracking the bug to it's source, he's also posted up at least one reproducible method of triggering it warning people not to follow the steps listed.

That was Thursday night and Friday, he's probably spent most of Saturday and today tracking down what bad code is causing the bug and attempting to correct it, given the seriousness of the Bug we may have a patch later today or tomorrow if he fixes it today.

Doesn't seem like they're sitting back and letting the players suffer to me if they're actively working with the players to track it down.

BTW, the steps to reproduce the bug reliably are -
    1. Use Engineering Team
    2. Use Beam Overload
    3. Fire Twice

His temporary fix is (unfortunately) don't use Engineering Team if you can help it, or at least don't use Beam Overload straight after.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @ OP:
    if you would follow the Dev Tracker, you would know that both bugs you mentioned are being worked on and should be in the next patch.

I am not sure how you expect them to have things fixed on MONDAY if the things on the live server broke with the Thursday Patch.

That is 3 days work time until now (if they really work on Saturdays now too, as dStahl claimed).

The earliest regular patch would be possible on Tuesday, if not next Thursday.

The DOff bug is not Gamebreaking at all and Borticus already told us that everyone who has run the project will have it unlocked in the next patch without needing to run/pay it again.

The cooldown thing is very Gamebreaking, if you have it, i don't.
    It appears that it only happens with very specific Keybinds... i don't have the problem so i didn't really bother with it, but it sounded to me like you need to have everything in powerbar nr. 6 bound to Spacebar and you need 2 Beam Overloads in there to trigger the cooldown bug.
    Maybe i understood it wrong, but it sounded very specific like that anyway.

For me it's gamebreaking when the HUD options don't save the On Mouse Over function... that has been broken since Season 7 launch now.
    Can't change a damn thing in those settings or the whole UI setting implode on me...
    forcing me to load an old save (thank god i still have one or i would have stopped playing by now).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]