test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Helmets Option for KHG / Omega Force in Tailor Menu

jaxinajaxina Member Posts: 69 Arc User
Today i wanted to recolor my KHG Armor at the Klingon Academy Tailor but as usual it resets as i click on the outfit i want to change.

So first changed to Honor Guard at the top right.

Then i loaded a saved costume...

After loading no helmet?

Tried to put the helmet back on but the option is missing!

I owned both Omega and KHG MK XII including the Optional Accolades before S7 came so where is my helmet?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jaxinajaxina Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So as of today i unlocked omega t5 reputation and did the adapted set project including the the costume option 4 but still the helmet option at head menu / head type is missing.

Opened a ticket for the issue to hear if its a know bug, but i only got the answer that i have to check the head type menu at head options, which i already knew :confused:
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yeah the tech teams are pretty dumb, they say they looked into something when really they just don't check or care.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ID #1,447,262

The KDF Tailor is NOT showing the helmet options for any of the STF sets.

This includes Honor Guard, Honor Guard Adapted, and Omega.

So right now you have to go with an older custome that had already unlocked helmets (which disappears when you go to change it) or not show helmets at all.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have the same problem.

Unlocked tier 5 on omega rep yesterday for my kdf toon. Have had the standard Mk XII Honor Guard set for a while before season 7 so I just went straight for adapted.

I did all the projects to acquire the adapted set as well as the project that unlocks the 4th variant.

Unlocked the accolade and title. Went to the tailor and saw the new variant was available. Everything was fine up until I noticed that I couldn't select helmets. Helmet options just aren't there.

As jaxina said, I loaded a saved uniform that had the old helmet as well and no helmet popped up.

What gives? :(
    SP9Pu.gif
  • kinjak11kinjak11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Glad im not the only one, thought i'd missed something when i couldn't find the helmet options.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I completed the Mk XII Honor Guard and did the Costume Unlock project. Now when I go to the tailor, the helmet is missing and there is no cleavage option for my female character. Does it require the elite optionals, Open Jacket uniform, or some other activity to unlock?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Already talked to one of the Dev team on this issue and they will get to it as soon as they get back from vacation.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So the cleavage option not showing up after doing the costume project for the Honor Guard Mk XII ground set is merely a bug? Good to know.
  • borgeousborgeous Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I completed Omega T5, ran projects to collect the Adapted KHG, ran project to unlock Adapted KHG Costume. Got accolades. I am pumped. Excitedly, I went to the Tailor and created a new Adapted KHG costume complete with Helmet. Awesome look! Took several frustrating runs at it since the "Category" drop-down menu for helmet / no-helmet is simply missing for KDF. The missing Helmet option made me think I had missed an accolade along the way. Not so. Oddly enough, the "Category" dropdown [This is a very odd label for this feature] is there for my Fed VA Tac who completed T5 Omega the day before. With my KDF Tac fully kitted in awesome new Adapted KHG set w/Helmet i beam out of Fleet Starbase and return to New Romulus to show off. I beam down and ....what?! My KDF now has fur collar and cape on the newly created custome! I did not configure those items. Ok. Back to the Tailor on Qonos! After many attempts and alot of ECs wasted and wasted game time, I realized that it was utterly glitched. Grinding through the Reputation system to get the Omega T5 accolades and gear is one thing. To do that and be rewarded with a costume that does not work is a total and complete let down and distracts from otherwise enjoyable gameplay. I understand that there arise intricate issues regarding balance, powers, abilities, etc. etc. However, Costume creation is one area of gameplay one would hope to work smoothly. Please fix this.
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I also discovered this issue upon finally reaching tier 5 and unlocking the Honor Guard type 2 costume/uniform earlier tonight.

No helmet and no "cleavage window" available.

In addition as a side-note, some walk animations while wearing the Honor Guard outfit have an awkward feet-pointing-inward issue.

All mentioned in my ticket here:

Ticket ID #1,450,224
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No option for helmets still, this needs to be fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ticket 1,478,045

I bought the full Mk XII ground set.
    I bought the outfit unlock for Set#2,

I turn on the armor visual and I have a generic KHG outfit w/ helmet.
    I go to the tailor and set up a KHG armor outfit, I have no helmet option.

My Fed had MACO Mk XII w/ helmet, so I know it should have it and I know where it's option should be, bit it's not there. I paid enough Omega Marks, Dil and other mats for this, give me the freaking helmet. :mad:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The helmets should be fixed this patch thats being added today, The chest option called Be'Ves under the chest option tab wasnt on tribble when I checked so that still needs to be repaired. Same for the feet *sobs*
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've got the Quv Helmet option on my Joined Trill Female, but not on my Klingon Male, which only has two previous helmets + all the other Quv parts.

So no, not fully fixed.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • bitovabitova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Devs where too busy nerfing IOR to worry about KDF Costume options ...:mad:
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sad, original thread mine got merged into is dated 12-14-2012. No wonder I didn't find it on the forum. It was probably on page 140. :rolleyes:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was wondering where the topic went to.. anyway, just keep sending bug reports to Stahls email about this no other way around then just keep on pointing the problem. Sadly there ignorin the forums as it is :(
  • darledrickdarledrick Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Computer error: That option is not available. Your styling options are not compatible with Gear Helmet. Returning to Standard Options. Instituting Immediate Incapacatation.

Your creative inputs were...Intriguing!
  • aeronuataeronuat Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having this issue on my feddy. The drop down menu is competely gone. But I have all the sets and costumes unlocked.
    "I do not believe in a No Win Scenario"
  • wildleeroywildleeroy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Add me to this list. This was working for me before LoR but now I cannot equip my helmet for my MACO or OMEGA sets at the tailor anymore. I even have saved outfits with the helmet enabled, and if I choose to load them they don't load the helmet. I used the saved outfits to switch between helmet/no helmet.... and now I can't get the helmet no matter what.

I have created a ticket in game about this bug: [7:31] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,839,782.
  • aeronuataeronuat Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wildleeroy wrote: »
    Add me to this list. This was working for me before LoR but now I cannot equip my helmet for my MACO or OMEGA sets at the tailor anymore. I even have saved outfits with the helmet enabled, and if I choose to load them they don't load the helmet. I used the saved outfits to switch between helmet/no helmet.... and now I can't get the helmet no matter what.

I have created a ticket in game about this bug: [7:31] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,839,782.

That sounds about the same as what is going on for me. My Helmet drop down menu disappeared around the time the Risa event started. (When I noticed it close to the 3rd day of the Risa event)
    "I do not believe in a No Win Scenario"
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aeronuat wrote: »
    That sounds about the same as what is going on for me. My Helmet drop down menu disappeared around the time the Risa event started. (When I noticed it close to the 3rd day of the Risa event)

I have the same problem here, I unlocked the costume on the last season, but my helmet only appered under the tailor options after Legacy of Romulus went live.

I only wore the helmet with the omega/maco uniforms for a few hours beacuse i don't liked the idea od a faceless charachter.

but now i was trying to get some screencaps of the tailor because i wanted to help another player, and i realized my helmets dissapeared :mad:

They were there alfter Legacy of Romulus and before the Risa Event
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png