test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Dev Blog #36

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited February 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the thirteenth Starbase Featured Project in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So we finally can see the shuttle bay without having the force the camera through walls. Cool.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh, so we get to see those hidden shuttles and walkways people found last summer. Great... :P
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OH NO !

Thats gonna interfere with my jumping the rail to get to the lower deck.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • ufpdodgersufpdodgers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They are looking sweet, nice to see a Fed project that trumps the KDF project for a change :)

But I have to ask will the Klingon starbase ever get any visible exterior from the interior like the Federation has?, it's rather annoying that every time I look out the awesome windows on the KDF base that I can see through the back of the Bar wall.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    now I wouldnt normally say this... but dayam... that shuttle interior looks nice.. Devs... pretty please with as much zen on top can we get that as an actual interior for our starbase/foundry.. then we can get a joy ride to new romulas etc :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    From the blog:
    The Federation is replacing some flooring with glass to allow for more spectacular views

Don't you mean transparent aluminum? :)
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Oh, so we get to see those hidden shuttles and walkways people found last summer. Great... :P

HAHAHA, yeah. I was like: wait, wasnt this there from the beginning? :D

btw its nice to see a project, where the fed side gets a cooler thing than the KDF

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Too bad the fleet bases cannot be social hubs, as a player gets booted to his last location before entering the fleet system after relogging. Cryptic, PLEASE do not close the fleet starbase instances after a player has left it!!! PLEASE enable these awesome places to be what they are supposed to be: SOCIAL hubs. Even in the largest fleets you are almost always alone there...
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sorry but it would have made the starbase look better if it was a kind of reception area/info point when visiting a starbase , it leaves far to much unused area tbh which seems kind of odd unless future projects change this
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sadly, I find myself less and less interested in these special projects as time goes by.

Had they added an actual shuttle bay to the starbase, that allows you to switch over to and fly a shuttlecraft, that I would have been somewhat impressed by.

Let us add more accessible levels to our starbase, with sick bays and shuttle decks and science labs, etc. And stuff to do in them. That will definitely get my attention.

Pretty, non-functional projects are going to remain way down at the bottom of my list to queue up and contribute to. I appreciate the art time that went into them, and the quality of the work, but I'm just not interested in spending Dilithium on them.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Heaven forbid Cryptic adding something useless to the game.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    OH NO !

Thats gonna interfere with my jumping the rail to get to the lower deck.
    Lol, it seems like the perfect klingon remedy to skateboarding .
    GwaoHAD.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Lol, it seems like the perfect klingon remedy to skateboarding .

OOoowww, I gotta try that with my frosty-boots !
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Sadly, I find myself less and less interested in these special projects as time goes by.

Especially for 200,000 Dilithium for these projects. Which very much are not small fleet friendly.
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a member of a mega fleet. Thanks for the pretty stuff, there will be players who enjoy it.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kagasensei wrote: »
    Too bad the fleet bases cannot be social hubs, as a player gets booted to his last location before entering the fleet system after relogging. Cryptic, PLEASE do not close the fleet starbase instances after a player has left it!!! PLEASE enable these awesome places to be what they are supposed to be: SOCIAL hubs. Even in the largest fleets you are almost always alone there...

It would be nice if they were active as long as a member of the fleet were logged in.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I appreciate the art time that went into them, and the quality of the work, but I'm just not interested in spending Dilithium on them.

The Fed project adds a window showing what was already there. Lots of effort put into that.;)
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Pretty soon the Klingon fleet base will be nothing but klingon insignias, even the buttons.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cool .
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Especially for 200,000 Dilithium for these projects. Which very much are not small fleet friendly.
    I wonder if Cryptic would consider offering smaller alternatives to a full-fledged Starbase? Say an asteroid-based Starfleet/KDF listening post? Or something along those lines. With a handful of practical amenities worth a small Fleet investing in?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is Sweeet! I've been waiting for this since the time we could walk through a wall and see what was beneath.! Awesome! :)
  • damecdamec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    psiameese wrote: »
    I wonder if Cryptic would consider offering smaller alternatives to a full-fledged Starbase? Say an asteroid-based Starfleet/KDF listening post? Or something along those lines. With a handful of practical amenities worth a small Fleet investing in?

Well there is the embassy, its smaller/requires less resources/grows faster, and from what I can guess, cryptic will add new "fleet holdings" each season, wouldn't be surprised to see something like an asteroid base, with 3 tiers etc, in the future
  • oryun70oryun70 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    HAHAHA, yeah. I was like: wait, wasnt this there from the beginning? :D

btw its nice to see a project, where the fed side gets a cooler thing than the KDF

I didn't get to see it last summer. I was forced into living out of a motel for the summer and had a very weak internet connection at the time. So, in other words, I can't wait to see it