test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Think I found the bug with the suicide console

starmagexx1starmagexx1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Apparently, if the past version of the ship is being shot at, when it despawns you die. Apparently the past version thinks that it has been killed when it despawns if it is being targetted/shot at, and so its remaining hull HP damage is transferred to you.

Yay. Go test it forum guys!
Post edited by starmagexx1 on

Comments

• dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If the version from the past gets killed, there's no present (or future) version of the ship to exist in the first place.
    You don't just explode, you get erased from time.

This isn't a bug, it's quantum mechanics working as they should :P
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah....essentially the console itself is point/worthless without the counterpart from the Wells. Never even bothered to try using it and stick to pure DPS build myself.
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • starmagexx1starmagexx1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dma1986 wrote: »
    If the version from the past gets killed, there's no present (or future) version of the ship to exist in the first place.
    You don't just explode, you get erased from time.

This isn't a bug, it's quantum mechanics working as they should :P

Either you didnt read what I wrote, or I wasnt clear enough. The past version was NOT killed, it despawned at the end of the power's timer. However, because it was being targetted, the game seems to think it was killed, thus, killing you.

I know its not being killed because once i had a working theory, I decided to go ahead and just heal the thing myself to make sure it didnt die. Went from 100% hull and ~80% shields to going through the despawn animation to me exploding out of nowhere.
  • toneyboytoneyboy Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have used both the Tipler Cylinder and the Manheim device, alone and combined, on the Wells and on the Mobius.

From what i've read on the tooltips and my own ingame experience, it seems that when you use the Manheim device the past and future ships deal damage AND receive it. They do not keep it tough, past and future you will send received damage to your present ship. Your own heals will heal your present ship.(thus healing damage received from the 2 others:+/- 3 times the damage to heal...)

Since only the present ships actually gets hull & shield damage you can end up blowing up very rapidly if you receive damage from both "out-of-time" ships.

It is effectively a suicide button if you use it out-of-the-blue. You have to time your usage for finishing off foes.

STF experience: when facing a tac cube, you've been hitting it for a while, it falls below 50% hull, activate Manheim device and bam, insta kill a cube...

Do not activate it when facing many foes, even small ones, because the total incoming damage on all three ships will fall onto your present one.

Also, using both devices on a cube in the correct sequence makes a very fast kill:

-Get in range of the cube, alpha strike it while getting to 3 km of it
    -When you shields start to get below 60%, lay a dispersal pattern beta Tricobalt mine
    -Once they're away, before activation, activate Tipler cylinder, rewind time & recharge time of Boff abilities
    -Watch the mines explode... Then return slowly to the cube while firing all weapons.
    -When at 5 km & cube below 50%, activate Manheim: melt cube = profit.

It is actually fun to do, but i'm in the process of parsing stf runs with and without the 2-piece set to figure out if it's pure vanity or if it's on par with more "standard" consoles.

I'll update this post oncei'll get the results.
    I have used both the Tipler Cylinder and the Manheim device, alone and combined, on the Wells and on the Mobius.

From what i've read on the tooltips and my own ingame experience, it seems that when you use the Manheim device the past and future ships deal damage AND receive it. They do not keep it tough, past and future you will send received damage to your present ship. Your own heals will heal your present ship.(thus healing damage received from the 2 others:+/- 3 times the damage to heal...)

Since only the present ships actually gets hull & shield damage you can end up blowing up very rapidly if you receive damage from both "out-of-time" ships.

It is effectively a suicide button if you use it out-of-the-blue. You have to time your usage for finishing off foes.

STF experience: when facing a tac cube, you've been hitting it for a while, it falls below 50% hull, activate Manheim device and bam, insta kill a cube...

Do not activate it when facing many foes, even small ones, because the total incoming damage on all three ships will fall onto your present one.

Also, using both devices on a cube in the correct sequence makes a very fast kill:

-Get in range of the cube, alpha strike it while getting to 3 km of it
    -When you shields start to get below 60%, lay a dispersal pattern beta Tricobalt mine
    -Once they're away, before activation, activate Tipler cylinder, rewind time & recharge time of Boff abilities
    -Watch the mines explode... Then return slowly to the cube while firing all weapons.
    -When at 5 km & cube below 50%, activate Manheim: melt cube = profit.

It is actually fun to do, but i'm in the process of parsing stf runs with and without the 2-piece set to figure out if it's pure vanity or if it's on par with more "standard" consoles.

I'll update this post oncei'll get the results.

I feel like I made a post, the title was read, but not the body.

There is definitely a bug with the console. I understand how it is supposed to work
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I feel like I made a post, the title was read, but not the body.

(SIGH) reading is overrated, now having said that here's my opinion, there's no bug with the self-destruct button
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I made a test, against 1 enemie, used the manhein device then got out of the way and let my past and future self fight it off with the nenemie ship. When they despawn I didn't exploded.

They did 45k damage and received about 10k, unfortunately, I didn't see that damaged transfered to my ship when the effect ended, but that may due to the parsing plug-in I'm using, or a limitation to STO combat log.

You may want to rerun your test, and make sure your present ship is out of the way, I'm curious to see if your hull and shields are at 100% if you would be destroy once the damage is transfered.