test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lack of missions for romulan marks compared to omega marks?

cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
There are far too many missions that reward omega marks but not alot for romulan marks for space missions.

Also since kase has a scimitar in the mission as the end boss can this stf reward some romulan marks maybe instead of omega or a mix of the two, devs?

As i and probably many, dont really fancy doing ground for romulan marks and even tho new romulous is a nice place i really dont like doing ground stuff i.e do 10 things = x. So devs, any chance of more of the fleet actions like sb24 or whatever giving romulan marks instead of omega marks perhaps so their isnt a big gap between the two when obtaining them in space?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by cptskeeteruk on

Comments

• Options
    exorace25kexorace25k Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Every mission in the Tau Dewa sector is a space mission and the daily awards 60 marks, so I'm going to have to disagree with you there.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In terms of earning either mark, both reputations are almost balanced. Romulan has more variety when it comes to earning marks, whereas Omega just has Red Alerts, STFs, or Defera. However, you can earn Omega marks more efficiently just by doing STFs. More effort is required on the player's part to earn Romulan marks from the various sources available.

Funny thing is, I haven't played much of the Romulan content in the past week, but I have twice as many Romulan marks as Omega marks. Not sure how I got so many. :confused:
  • Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can do an easy run of ISE and get 75 Omega Marks in less than 15 minutes.

In the same amount of time, and with about the same amount of effort, I can get 18 Romulan Marks doing the Azure Nebula Rescue mission. (Anything above the 18 in that mission gets turned into Fleet Marks.)

That's the real issue here, I think. The Romulan space mission rewards need to be more on par with ISE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Earning Omega marks doesn't feel as much like a grind because other "good" things come from the sources.

Earning romulan marks you know all you're going to get is the marks...it feels like going to work.
  • Options
    shmnshmn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »
    I can do an easy run of ISE and get 75 Omega Marks in less than 15 minutes.

In the same amount of time, and with about the same amount of effort, I can get 18 Romulan Marks doing the Azure Nebula Rescue mission. (Anything above the 18 in that mission gets turned into Fleet Marks.)

That's the real issue here, I think. The Romulan space mission rewards need to be more on par with ISE.

Not to mention you are forfeiting the 960 dil, the newly introduced extra reward of up to 11 neural processors and loot drop (that has a good chance of containing very rare Mk XII).

Some new elite space instances for romulans would be groovy.
    IGN: Noveria
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's balanced. Run around on New Rom for an hour, fly around Tau Dewa for an hour, you can rack up several hundred Romulan marks.

Omega: Shoot Borg, and more Borg, and more Borg. And even more Borg....
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    shameless bump! add some loot bags and dillithium to Romulan Fleet Actions and daily patrol missions!!

and PLEASE fix these alarms, i didn't even get to play one since S7 launch, all were bugged!
  • Options
    issueman1issueman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    on average 20 marks... the zero point console requires 500 marks....
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Seems easier to get Romulan Marks for less work than Omega Marks with the Epohh Trade in system. Spend a couple of minutes tagging epohhs, do duty officer assignment for 5 research, then run 3 assignments that each take a day to complete to raise epohh, then trade in epohh for 400 Romulan Marks. Can get 400 Omega Marks in 5 days for less than 5 minutes work provided your Epohh Research assignment crits twice. Otherwise it can take about 2 weeks if you don't team for tagging and are extremely unlucky with crits.
  • Options
    oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Mine Trap is a 20man ground fleet action that rewards Romulan Marks and Fleet Marks. Average Romulan Marks per mission is 25. Takes 20mins. Lots of fun and no Borg one shots.

Now if your queuing for this while on New Romulus doing the dailies you should pull in a nice sum of marks. I don't do this everyday, just once every two or three days. That keeps it from getting stale, and free's me up to do doffing/dil dailies/stf's etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    We are talking about people who would only be playing space stuff so ground stuff isnt counting in this really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The problem with Romulan marks is that you are forced into ground maps to earn a lot of them, and tons of people hate ground maps. I'm personally completely at a loss as to why Cryptic keeps putting more focus on the games ground system.

There needs to be more space options, and those options need to be more efficient at earning marks.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    The problem with Romulan marks is that you are forced into ground maps to earn a lot of them, and tons of people hate ground maps. I'm personally completely at a loss as to why Cryptic keeps putting more focus on the games ground system.

There needs to be more space options, and those options need to be more efficient at earning marks.

You're off base. As mentioned elsewhere there are 8-10 space patrols that can earn you 60-75 Romulan marks in about 40 minutes, 2 STF's and the Red Alert program. The ground missions are four at level 1, and 1 additional so far at each Tier (I try level 3 tomorrow).

So far with 4 toons leveling every 20 hours, Romulan Marks have not been a problem - even with the Romulan additions to the 'Acamar Timewarp'. My biggest issue is having to make commodities runs to avoid the exchange pirates.

Get your boots dirty. They're not that hard. Except for Mountain Pass. That one vexes me so.

Jolan Tru,

Admiral Thrax
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    The dailys are just that tho dailys which offer the most space based way for romulan marks. You cant repeat them per hour or whatever like elite stfs for the same amount of marks. Azura neb with a good team (rare when pugging) is 15 marks or so which isnt alot.

So per hour in space missions you earn a heck of a lot more omega marks than you can romulan marks. We need more space missions that arnt dailys which nets you 50 romulan marks a hour or so and a few of these missions not just one so you can play them one after another but have 1 hour cool downs like the elite stfs.

Also please stop bringing up ground i made the thread specifically to discuss the space portion of obtaining rom marks. Which is the problem i want to discuss.

Also yes you could maybe get by the romulan system if all you do is the 2000 and 800 projects but if the zero console is anything to go by then obviously you need ALOT of marks i.e 500 just for the console. What else will need that many that people want. If all you do is space missions then it will take you longer than say if something of equal requirements on the omega side was there. I.e if the zero console for 500 omega marks then you can get that in a reasonable fashion by playing alot of elite stfs in a day or two. You cant really do that for the romulan side as the dailys get you roughly 100 marks or so but the time it takes can be awhile (if you dont do the acamar system). Even then why rely on dailys for the 50 marks on average type of mission to get rom marks, i hate that limit as there isnt a limit like that for 50 marks for omega for comparison (in space).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You're off base. As mentioned elsewhere there are 8-10 space patrols that can earn you 60-75 Romulan marks in about 40 minutes, 2 STF's and the Red Alert program. The ground missions are four at level 1, and 1 additional so far at each Tier (I try level 3 tomorrow).

So far with 4 toons leveling every 20 hours, Romulan Marks have not been a problem - even with the Romulan additions to the 'Acamar Timewarp'. My biggest issue is having to make commodities runs to avoid the exchange pirates.

Get your boots dirty. They're not that hard. Except for Mountain Pass. That one vexes me so.

Jolan Tru,

Admiral Thrax

Nah, you're off base.I earn my patrol daily 75 marks(turn in rep bonus) in about 20 minutes, that's the only reasonably good source for time spent. The red alert is too inconsistent to complete, I might actually get into one about once every 4 days. The "STFs" reward pitiful amounts, and performing better in them only spills over into fleet marks instead of additional Romulan marks,

And no, the Romulan ground content isn't hard at all. It's just unenjoyable.. Why do people that like the ground content always assume when someone dislikes it its because of the difficulty? I want additional space events because the space mechanics don't suck, difficulty has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I agree, I do not like ground maps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    penthaligonpenthaligon Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So what's wrong with Starfleet's finest Vice Admirals running about a strange new planet chasing the animals and picking the local flowers?

Isn't that what Admirals do?
  • Options
    deanatroideanatroi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I completely agree with this thread!!!! I dislike very much having to do daily missions that you have to fly to many places or ground missions that have no logic neither fun in them.

Please give more reward for the current romulan pve queue.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    oridjerraa wrote: »
    Mine Trap is a 20man ground fleet action that rewards Romulan Marks and Fleet Marks. Average Romulan Marks per mission is 25. Takes 20mins. Lots of fun and no Borg one shots.

Now if your queuing for this while on New Romulus doing the dailies you should pull in a nice sum of marks. I don't do this everyday, just once every two or three days. That keeps it from getting stale, and free's me up to do doffing/dil dailies/stf's etc.

I just usually do enough at New Romulus to get enough marks for a week's worth of rep assignments.

Except Star trek wasn't all space all the time, in fact most of the time the ship was in orbit while all the good stuff was happening on the planet of the week.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    deanatroi wrote: »
    Please give more reward for the current romulan pve queue.

Sure, as long as they also improve Defera ground to be more on par with New Rom ground. :P
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can also earn unlimited abount of Romulan Marks although it is repetitive. The Radiation Reports mini-game. 300 Reports == 30 marks. Avg of 25 reports per 1 min game run. + time running between radiation patches on New Romulus.
  • Options
    senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Seems easier to get Romulan Marks for less work than Omega Marks with the Epohh Trade in system. Spend a couple of minutes tagging epohhs, do duty officer assignment for 5 research, then run 3 assignments that each take a day to complete to raise epohh, then trade in epohh for 400 Romulan Marks. Can get 400 Omega Marks in 5 days for less than 5 minutes work provided your Epohh Research assignment crits twice. Otherwise it can take about 2 weeks if you don't team for tagging and are extremely unlucky with crits.

I don't think you get the point. It's easier to get more doing less... but we're asking for more, doing more. Yay, you can chase rabbits for 400 marks in five days (*If you crit TWICE). I can get 500 Omega marks in a little over an hour, all night, every night. That's the point. Most people don't want to hop on and tend their farms and log off, they want to play.

Jolan Tru,

Admiral Thrax

No, the ground stuff isn't hard. Neither is it expedient, enjoyable, or rewarding.

Yay, 60-75 Romulan marks in 40 minutes (ONCE A DAY).
    2 STFs (THAT REWARD 18-25 MARKS EACH)
    Red Alerts! (Have been broken for months, might take days to get one to work).
    And ground, ground, ground ground, ground.

Let's try this metaphor for you: Your customers are complaining that the food you're serving is unpalatable and leaves them hungry. When the ask for tastier food, or something more filling, you're saying "Just keep eating the tasteless TRIBBLE, you'll get full eventually.".

Ground combat is terrible. You might not agree, but you're in the minority. Asking for more flavors, for more STFs, for elite STFs, for actual hourly missions instead of daily, and to play the way we want (when we have time, not logging on once a day to tend pets) is completely reasonable, and none of your solutions fix the problem or illuminate an answer. Yes, we're all aware of the many crappy ground missions that take a long time and reward nothing.

I don't get why every time someone asks for more New Romulus space, someone always brings up the bunnies. Yes, they're cute. No, they're not Star Trek, not challenging, not consistent, not fast, not engaging, and not really fun to do (Ooh, run around for one minute once a day?!? SIGN ME UP!!). In the week it takes you folks to make 400 Marks, I can have made a few thousand Omega. I can get 115 Omega Marks every twenty minutes. So stop acting like what is on the menu now is A-OK--because it's really not.
  • Options
    zxlsazxlsa Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    im just wondering how one gets a bunch of omegas in 5 min.

i can get rm's all day. dont want to, but i can.
    but om's? all i know are the stf's and defari (and while my fleet ships good. my avcom is TRIBBLE)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Basically run Elite STFs all day and it usually takes 10 to 15 minutes to finish a STF. By the time you are finished with the last one, then the first one is available. Romulan Marks have numerous ways to get them for various type of playstyles. Omega Marks is severely restricted to teams. It is possible to get Omega Marks solo on Deferi, but it is like pulling your teeth.
  • Options
    zxlsazxlsa Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Basically run Elite STFs all day and it usually takes 10 to 15 minutes to finish a STF. By the time you are finished with the last one, then the first one is available. Romulan Marks have numerous ways to get them for various type of playstyles. Omega Marks is severely restricted to teams. It is possible to get Omega Marks solo on Deferi, but it is like pulling your teeth.

yeah. but getting a team that actually works in even in normal stfs is hard.
  • Options
    lex0001lex0001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with the first poster. I just did an stf and got 75 omega marks for about 15 min of work which i can do again in an hour for more marks. I have tried multiple missions on new Romulus and the reward is only 10 romulan marks every mission i checked, the radiation thing i feel is too tedious i have like 60 radiation reports that i dont care to finish. So for romulan marks i have stuck to the tholian red alert daily which awards u a whopping 30 marks , and the patrol daily which i believe is 60 Romulan marks , and they are both once a day. The point is i have never done a mission and only got 10 omega marks, i feel that would be a huge waste of my time.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    There is more useful stuff in the Omega Store compared to the Romulan Store. In each store, there is the weapon sets, and various store unlocks. The Romulan Store at Tier 5 has hangar pets, vanity items that last 4 hours, consumables, and two space sets that are almost the same. The Omega Store at Tier 5 has 3 ground sets that also have costume unlocks and 3 space sets with liberated borg doffs coming to some tier. There is a reason to get all 3 Mk XII ground sets while there is not much reason to get both romulan space sets.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is more useful stuff in the Omega Store compared to the Romulan Store. In each store, there is the weapon sets, and various store unlocks. The Romulan Store at Tier 5 has hangar pets, vanity items that last 4 hours, consumables, and two space sets that are almost the same. The Omega Store at Tier 5 has 3 ground sets that also have costume unlocks and 3 space sets with liberated borg doffs coming to some tier. There is a reason to get all 3 Mk XII ground sets while there is not much reason to get both romulan space sets.

But Rommie Rep gives you a space ability, while Omega gives you a ground one. Seeing as most of the game takes place in space........

In all honesty though, I really don't see where the OP is coming from. Sure Rommie missions give less marks, but there's so many of them it doesn't really matter.

For Rommie Stuff:
    1. The Vault
    2. Mine Trap
    3. The Vault Ensnared
    4. Tholian Incursion
    5. All the NR activities
    6. Eppoh Breeding
    7. Sector Daily

For Omega Stuff:
    1. 4 Space STFs
    2. 4 Ground STFs
    3. Defera Invasion Zone
    4. Borg Incursions

And since there's only three STFs that you can more or less reliably PUG, then.... well... that kind of cuts it down doesn't it?
  • Options
    lex0001lex0001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    But Rommie Rep gives you a space ability, while Omega gives you a ground one. Seeing as most of the game takes place in space........

Im not sure i get what u are talking about but omega and romulan traits that you gain through the rep system give you a combo of ground and space up until t5 no choice on that one but up to there you have a choices .
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is possible to get Omega Marks solo on Deferi, but it is like pulling your teeth.
    Funny, I've been pulling my teeth for about a month :P Am currently on Tier 4, and putting all resources into the MACO set currently (I won't aim for Tier 5; not worth it).

Yeah, I could get them faster if I did STF's, but teamplay is REALLY not my thing... plus solo is just more fun, I think :D
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.