test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost Item in Mail

sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have been trying to sell 2 items on the Exchange unsuccessfully (3 or 4x iirc). The last time they didn't sell, as in previous times, they were returned to me from the Exchange via the in game mail system.

So I clicked on 'Take Item' and for each 'letter' the item in question disappeared from the mail, and so I clicked on 'delete'. However, much to my dismay when I looked in my inventory they were not to be found! I had plenty of open space in my inventory with no overflow bags, checked everywhere including the mail system once more, but they were gone. Vanished into thin or electronic air

Yes, I was at a mail console. No I did NOT use the minimap to ck mail.

The reason I am so upset is that they were both Very Rare items; Mk XII Neutronium Eng console and a Mk XII photon mine launcher. The mine launcher isnt that big a deal comparatively speaking, but I cant afford to lose the Neutronium, which last time I looked, was selling for over 20 million ECs. So I did the only thing I could do; I submitted a ticket.

I waited 5 days. I waited patiently since it's the holiday season and the Cryptic ppl deserve a break too but each day I checked to see if I got a response. Finally, just a couple of hours ago I finally received a response from Customer Service. This, in summary, is what they said since i cant cut and paste,

"Thank you for submitting ticket...I apologize for any inconvenience....it may be a good idea to check an in game mail terminal and not on the minimap. You may be able to find assistance ... [from] other players...or visiting the official forums...."

Did they even read my ticket? Everyone knows you can't 'Take Item' from the minimap. The option doesn't even appear. I was hoping they could check the records and see that I am telling the truth and that the item was on the exchange, sent back, but then disappeared. But no, I get a boiler plate response instead. I replied back explaining this and making my request again, but I'm not feeling very confident any more.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do? Isn't there something Cryptic can do? Should I just kiss off my MK XII Neutronium?

Arrrgh! :mad:
Post edited by sonulinu2 on

Comments

• sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So I get their 2nd response in one day this time. Kudos to them!

However, GM-Uncpetion tells me that I have encountered a heretofore unknown bug and should file a bug report, and that I will not get a personal response again because, you know, ppl who work on bugs dont write players. In other words Cryptic does nothing for my lost console. Thanks alot. Great customer service.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the GM marked my ticked 'RESOLVED'. yeah resolved, just as long as it's off of his plate. No compensation, no attempt to ck the records, nothing again except boiler plate response.
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sounds like PWE customer service knows how to resolve their customer's problems. :rolleyes:
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • felenessefelenesse Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmm, GM-Uncpetion seems to still be up to those same tricks. Pulled basically the same thing on me. He finally closed my ticket after I told him to pass me on to someone who could actually deal with the problem. Completely rude and incapable of reading, it seems.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's how they always respond to issues with items/mail/exchange. I've had it happen to me as well. They're incredibly rude and unhelpful.

Your only "recourse" is to 'get over it' and move on.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.