test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks so much guys. The 3rd Aniversary mission was awesome!!

Comments

• Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    Remember all of this love when in a couple of months (invariably) the cries of doom and gloom rise from the crowd. :P
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Opinions, doom and gloom are the way in the anonymous worlds of the internetz.

But I meant the above as constructive feed back

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Remember all of this love when in a couple of months (invariably) the cries of doom and gloom rise from the crowd. :P

There are small signs that the DOOOOOM may have been staved off for awhile. This episode is one of those signs.

Also the fact that Dan gave out his email and asked us to report anything that we feel is being neglected to him personally. I shot off two bug complaints to him, with detailed notes and ticket numbers.

It's an attempt. Even if they decided not to address those bugs at this time at least an attempt is being made to reach out to the community. That's a good sign.

We'll see. I just hope that going forward ya'll sort out these lag issues please and thank you.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Did this mission mark the first time that players are actually allowed to fly a canon Star Trek ship? I don't mean class- I mean the actual ship...
  • Options
    asthalothasthaloth Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wasn't it reported she'd be voicing Sela too?

Did I just miss her in my playthrough, or are you being sneaky here? ;)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Did this mission mark the first time that players are actually allowed to fly a canon Star Trek ship? I don't mean class- I mean the actual ship...
    ^^^^^^^
    Yes.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I too loved the mission. Each Anniversary event gets better. I have been apart of all three to date (coming aboard just prior to the first). I do have a teeny bit of a request.

Any chance y'all can make those holobanners tied to the anniversary accolades so that we can display them on our ship trophy walls? :cool:
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    I say for the 4th Anniversary, let's go KDF-centric mission. Oh, I loved the new mission too.

By next year we may have a Romulan faction. :eek:
    idrona wrote: »
    It would be cool if you guys were to intergrate it into the game after the event is over.
    What harm could a bit more content do?

It's going to become part of the Klingon Front after the anniversary event. It'll still reward the T3 ships too. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    sectresectre Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goodness. I finished this episode and all I could say was, that was a trip. i loved every moment. It really felt like I was a major character in the next episode of Yesterday's Enterprise mission arc. Absolutely wonderful. I love Star Trek Online, and events like this are always a reminder as to why.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here's what I want to know: At the end of the mission, you're abducted and probed by the Wells guy because you don't belong in the timeline. Where's T'Nae? T'Nae didn't die there either, so why isn't she getting probed with you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cptrichardson12cptrichardson12 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hurray for drunk Brits!

Thanks, Charles and I had a good time working on that one. He had those consoles set up for 4 "things to do" and after a little discussion we figured out what they could each be for. It was fun making it all work.

Glad you like it!

Speaking of the ambassador, can you guys do a rush job of making connie-like pylons and an alternate neck with a connie-like torpedo deck so we'll get off your back about T-5 connies?
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2013

You think it will take months ???? THE SKY IS FALLING !!!! DOOOOMMMMM....
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here's what I want to know: At the end of the mission, you're abducted and probed by the Wells guy because you don't belong in the timeline. Where's T'Nae? T'Nae didn't die there either, so why isn't she getting probed with you?

o_o

I...

...I really hope STO uses this for a future story mission. Maybe tie it into whatever is coming in May.
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mission is bugged. i can't get it to update correctly when completing the mission :( i've dropped it and started again and it wants to restart from just the maintance tunnel part. very very annoying :(

otherwise i would have said it was a great mission :)
  • Options
    heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Furthermore, why isn't he grabbing Tasha? If -you- don't belong in that past timeline, then surely neither does Tasha, if you wanna get back down to brass tacks. If history is intended to continue on without interference from the future, then Sela really shouldn't exist.

Personally, I would rather our alternate selves had -continued- into the past, been captured with the C crew, and then when Sela crops up in game again, she has a tendency to call us "Uncle" or "Auntie", and talks about how our alternate self was killed trying to help Tasha escape.
  • Options
    sparklysoldiersparklysoldier Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Time travel always gets weird when you have different rules bouncing around the same franchise, but I think the implication is that Tasha Yar going back was already a part of the 29th century's history (and maybe T'Nae was too, unless she got yanked off the ship separately), but your presence wasn't. Since they knew that your presence during the Enterprise-C's battle weren't already part of their history, they stepped in to make sure that's how it happens. Some changes to the past are supposed to happen to create the future Federation's timeline, while others aren't. At least that's how I rationalize Kirk and Janeway running wild through history with only one lone, half-crazy timeship captain ever showing up between them. :D
  • Options
    titus1608titus1608 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't know if its mentioned before, but I believe there is a mistake at the end of this mission.

when
    the wells kills the Tarantula

the computer voice says "Tholian Recluse is no longer on sensors" instead of "Tholian Tarantula is no longer on sensors"

Don't know for shure because i didn't remember it when I've done it for the 2nd time, but both times, just after the computer voice said it, I thought: did she just said the wrong thing?

Edit:
    spoiler tags don't seem to work here, but it isnt such a major spoiler
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I found the mission very exciting and suspenseful.

Of course I was rushing to complete it before being called for Dinner.

(Anyone familier with a woman's expectations when she calls you for Dinner will understand.)
  • Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just finished the mission, wonderful job guys! :D

I don't know about you guys, but T'Nae didn't show up on my BOff tray when I'm at the helm of the Enterprise-C. Tasha and Castillo are there, as well as a few random crewmen (who I don't remember coming along for the ride), but T'Nae is nowhere to be found. Maybe she stayed behind on the base? To take care of Shon after he (invariably) was beat up for the Tholian guards? Tasha also mentioned Tholians possibly catching up while in the causeway to the ship; perhaps T'Nae remained to hold them off while the C made its escape?

Either that, or we'll soon hear about some half-Romulan/half-Vulcan descendant in future missions. ;)

Thanks for a great Anniversary treat, I hope for many, many more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mabe Admiral T'Nae really IS alternate T'Nae and never existed in the proper timeline before she went back with the Ent-C? ;)
    Or there are actually 2 of them now and she pulled a Spock.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It was a great episode!! I just wish I could've kept the consoles on the Enterprise C!!
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    gylobalgylobal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First post in the forums!

I loved the episode, and it was great to see my bridge officers and other characters in alternate timeline vesions.

Devs. Great job on the episode!
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay, things I liked in order:-

1a - Watching as the docking clamps detach and the Enterprise C comes alive. Even though I don't like using the term in such a way, it really felt epic.

1b - Walking along the tunnel towards the Ent-C. The whole visuals and scope of the ship were another epic Trek moment.

1c - Ambassador Class ship! Round saucer sections and defined non-"aerodynamic" Starfleet configuration for the win!

2 - My bridge officers were there!

3 - Tholians and no Borg. Seriously, I really like the Tholians as antagonists, even if I hate their subsystem procs. I especially like them in their environmental suits, which make them look rather threatening. Yeah, far better than the space zombies.

4 - While the mission is quite short if you were in a hurry, if you were to immerse yourself into it, it actually can take quite a while.

5 - Felt like a Trek episode.

6 - While I do love the space combat (even though it's ridiculously easy for the most part) and have warmed to the ground combat, I think the lack of combat in this FE served it rather well. It gave us reason to smell the roses and immerse ourselves. Now if you could just do a mission that gave us epic space combat, ground combat and portion where we could just immerse ourselves. :)
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    zerochance0110zerochance0110 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to say after observing other 'events' in several MMOs, this mission had the right mix of fun, challenge, and story. A job well done by the Dev team.
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's also possible, and likely, that you just weren't allowed to see T'Nae and the others as they were isolated to prevent contamination of time line events when the Wells crew were placing everything back to normal.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    heavensrun wrote: »
    Furthermore, why isn't he grabbing Tasha? If -you- don't belong in that past timeline, then surely neither does Tasha, if you wanna get back down to brass tacks. If history is intended to continue on without interference from the future, then Sela really shouldn't exist.

Personally, I would rather our alternate selves had -continued- into the past, been captured with the C crew, and then when Sela crops up in game again, she has a tendency to call us "Uncle" or "Auntie", and talks about how our alternate self was killed trying to help Tasha escape.

Technically Tasha does (at least for the 'Prime' timeline) belong there as if she doesn't go - there's no Sela. T'Nae definitely doesn't and should have been grabbed along with your character. (Doh, plot hole ;)).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    crypt0kn1ghtcrypt0kn1ght Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The mission was fun....really enjoyed that. Thanks!
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree that the mission was good, but awesome?
    It had its nice moments.
    Certainly had good quality with almost everything being Voiced, thumbs up for that.
    Story was nice, and fits together with the TV Episode.

but...

I just... feel like a starved Trekker who wants 3 new Movies, a new Series or at least a full 26 Episode Season, but all i get are ....Battlestar Galactica WEBISODES.

I NEED MORE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Loved the mission, thought it was fun, with a nice amount of nods and smile-moments.

Also, I love the thread. It's always nice to see a positive thread among all the moaners :)