Options

Enterprise Bring on the A

2»

Comments

• Options
    sirurzasirurza Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What in blazes are you talking about?

The Ambassador is a canonical ship and was seen multiple times in the Prime Storyline.

And we get it for going to an alternate timeline's mirror universe. :P
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At the end of Star Trek: The Voyage Home, the U.S.S. Yorktown (itself having undergone most of the same refits as the original Enterprise) was deigned to be renamed the Enterprise-A. What I meant by "Entirely new ship" was not that the ship itself was brand spanking new (if we were going by that logic they would have been given the Excelsior Class as the Enterprise-A instead of the former Yorktown, but they were given a Constition Class instead). What I meant was that the ship was new to the Enterprise Crew themselves and that it wasn't in fact the original enterprise. Hence it was a "NEW" Enterprise, even if it wasn't literally brand new.

one thing, the Enterprise crew were not given the ship, they chose the ship. they saw the U.S.S. Excelsior Class and Scotty made a remark on it being too flashy and finnicky, when they saw the U.S.S. Yorktown they just knew to choose that ship.

they had their pick of any ship they chose the Constitution class.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    one thing, the Enterprise crew were not given the ship, they chose the ship. they saw the U.S.S. Excelsior Class and Scotty made a remark on it being too flashy and finnicky, when they saw the U.S.S. Yorktown they just knew to choose that ship.

What movie did you see....I saw them flying around and were shocked to see the Enterprise
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2013

bwahahahaahaha. wow, that was a good one.. dude, they had no clue what they were getting.. there was even dialogue about weather they were gonna end up with the excelsior, or a second rate ship... there was no "choice".. do us a favor.. leave the pot in the bag and re watch the movie. lol...
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Your never gonna get the chance to fly any of the show Enterprise varients because Cryptic cannot afford it and CBS wont let Cryptic mess with their franchise. Which I can perfectly understand since Cryptic would only TRIBBLE it up.

What the hell are you talking about - CBS is running STO articles of Star Trek.com regularly - and including STO based story fiction in Star trek magazine on a regular basis. Cryptic has license to use any of the ships from the shows in story missions they create (as evidenced by the fact player characters flew the actual 1701-C in the third year anniversary mission - "Temporal Ambassador". Cryptic has full IP rights to anything in the 70+ hours of TV episodes - and the first 9 Star trek feature films - there's nothing they have to 'afford' anything further with regard to that stuff - only book and stuff from other Star trek games requires an outside licensing deal (and possible monetary cost).

As for Cryptic TRIBBLE up the Star Trek franchise - realize that in the end, the CBS Star Trel lcensing division has to approve everything Cryptic puts into STO - so if you want to 'blame' someone for TRIBBLE up the IP - CBS reps are the ones to hound.

CBS (for whatever reason) doesn't want to allow the TOS Constitution Class model to be anything beyond a Tier 0 starter ship. If they have given Cryptic a reason for this, Cryptic hasn't passed it along.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    cptrichardson12cptrichardson12 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You know, we can get a 'close enough for grenades and tricobalt torpedoes' version if we bug them to model an alternate Ambassador pylon/nacelle set (And maybe a neck with an extra-large torpedo launcher).

It wouldn't quite be the same, but it would be close enough for most people.
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    auricius wrote: »
    Actually, it's pretty much what Age said. The only reason we can't have a T5 TOS Constitution is because there's a clause in the contract stating this. None whatsoever of a T5 NX for all I know. :)

That is not what I said though as Crypric/PWE can put any ships associated with Gene Star Trek not JJs.This includes 1701-A although they are both in the game arleady but the way they are laid out.

There ships hve been in othe Star trek games with out Paramounts permission make that CBS now.These games were heavly modded to inlude better models.I would say if you wanta better model than there would be no problem and having the original phaser emitters instead of the arrays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    No, we dont.

Dont use the phrase "mirror universe" that have a specific meaning in Trek unless you are specific referring to the Mirror Universe, neither "Yesterday's Enterprise" or "Temporal Ambassador" ever taken place in the mirror universe, only in a alternative time of the prime universe.

Pretty sure that Enterprise (which is canon, whether you like it or not) already established that the Mirror Universe is also an "alternate timeline" from the Prime Universe in which Zephram Cochrane shotgunned the Vulcans in the face, although it's speculated that the actual divergence happened even before then (Axis powers winning WWII?).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why are you responding to my post with this and not the person I was responding to, who did want JJ ships?

I believe he was correcting you. You said JJ ships wouldn't be used because they were part of another timeline.

syberghost made the correction, saying JJ ships won't be used because another company ownes them, and not because they were part of another timeline (which makes sense, since we have plenty of alternate timeline vessels).
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    age03 wrote: »
    When they got the license they can do whatever they want as long as no other nmae is on it eg Starfleet Battles ADB.It was the same for Interplay,Activision and Bethesda.

It is already in the game so they can bring T5 VA version out.I would like it as it is one of my favourite Enterprises along with the ToS 1701.T5 Va Miranda would be nice as well as it is really medium Criuser not a frigate.

It would be nice if it was lik ethis not JJs version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtdL9Jm-WM

CBS says no, everything in game has to go through CBS and get permission first.

There have been patches delayed because CBS wanted changes made at the last minute.

There has been stuff pulled from CO because it was designed for STO and ported over there (air guitar emote)

Cryptic's "hold" on the Star Trek license lasts as long as CBS says so, the moment Cryptic adds stuff that CBS doesn't want and doesn't remove it when CBS says, they lose the license, and we lose the game.