test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks so much guys. The 3rd Aniversary mission was awesome!!

captainwallis84captainwallis84 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
I just wanted to day...walking up that Enterprise C docking corridor, and seeing thegood old C...EPIC. the powered down version that Cryptic put in too. I may sound a complete geek, but I love my ships. Awesome Cryptic. Your attention to detail was spot on
Im from the UK...and im a tad drunk...but..
Merry. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by captainwallis84 on

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    Hurray for drunk Brits!

Thanks, Charles and I had a good time working on that one. He had those consoles set up for 4 "things to do" and after a little discussion we figured out what they could each be for. It was fun making it all work.

Glad you like it!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to agree with the op. This was a very good mission. I usually only play KDF but I had to get that ship. It is just gorgeous. It would have been nice if we could have kep the equipment :)

I also enjoy my new Kamarag cruiser. It is easy to see how this would become a Vor'cha.

Keep up the good work!
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I certainly agree. Thank you sooo much cryptic! love you guys!!! xxxx:D
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Really fun mission. I enjoyed seeing my some of my crew on the Tholian base.
  • zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Loved it...

BUT...I wanted to kill the Tholian guards...I was all set up with my anti-Tholian ground weaps.

Those poor people needed saving...even...B'Vat...they were sooooo depressed. The Devs should have added a counsler to help them get over their...confinment...:)

THANKS for the ship...and...HAPPY BIRTHDAY STO...:)

*shoots everybody with my Happy Birthday Balloon gun...:)*
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    concur on all counts! Kudos Cryptic! And keep the quality comin' :D
  • gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really enjoyed the mission as well. Lots of lovely little touches that demonstrates the team's love of the franchise.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My only complaint was that you guys didn't actually get Shooter McGavin to do a voice-over.

haha J/K
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agree with Captain Wallis,

Great event and great episode...made me realize just how much I missed the episodes!

The amount of whining I see on these forums is just stifling so kudos for starting one that is deservedly positive and worth reading! As for the ship itself, epic! I always preferred that era style ship and making it on par (if not slightly more powerful?!?) with the excelsior retrofit (I own the fleet version) so that I can again equip cannons... really, thank you! Above and beyond!

Keep up the great work... :cool:
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I say for the 4th Anniversary, let's go KDF-centric mission. Oh, I loved the new mission too.
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed! It was a wonderful mission, I had fun, and like I told a friend, there was a moment where my breath caught, and it was when I first ran out into the docking corridor. I loved it. The mighty Ambassador class, and she was all mine.
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • mariothebrosmariothebros Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I enjoy this Anniversary mission. There is a little thing that can be improved though. When I flew the Enterprise and faced with Tholian ships on their attack formation, I was thinking, "OMG, all these skill shortcuts. I need to go over them all in less than 10 seconds. And, I cannot find the torpedo buttons. Or maybe no torpedoes onboard?"

:eek: Panic button :eek: I just keep shooting my phasers, fire at will, and maintaining weapon power bar. Thank God, it's finally over after few minutes intense battle.

I guess having a pause break prior to the battle would make it more enjoyable. Overall though, it's a fun mission. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not a drunk Brit, but really liked the ambassador mission also. :)

It would be cool if you guys were to intergrate it into the game after the event is over.
    What harm could a bit more content do?
    signwidrona.png
  • sparklysoldiersparklysoldier Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed, that was a great mission! The Enterprise-C, the Tholians, the Dominion, the 29th century timeship, there were so many details that show how deeply the writers know and care about Trek, and how smoothly they tied it all together into one story. I don't know how they squeezed what felt like a two-part finale's worth of excitement into a single mostly combat-free mission, but they found a way... :)
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Really fun mission. I enjoyed seeing my some of my crew on the Tholian base.

I loved that too! My science officer happened to be a shy, timid character anyway, so hearing her counterpart, just by coincidence, talking despairingly about how nobody needs people like her anymore and then begging me to take her with me and not to leave her in the labor camp sent a shiver down my spine.

Keep it up! :D
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    My only complaint was that you guys didn't actually get Shooter McGavin to do a voice-over.

haha J/K

It's an 88 Magnum...

Hehe... Woulda been icing to get Tommy Jefferson back to do his voice, but still awesome job all around 8)
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Hurray for drunk Brits!

Thanks, Charles and I had a good time working on that one. He had those consoles set up for 4 "things to do" and after a little discussion we figured out what they could each be for. It was fun making it all work.

Glad you like it!
    Question: Who's Nelan? After talking to him, I got the feeling he's an El-Aurian....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I love that mission and i wish future missions would have such a high standart as this one.

I absolutely hate the Galaxy class BOFF & Console layout.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Question: Who's Nelan? After talking to him, I got the feeling he's an El-Aurian....
    I'm sure he will part of the coming story. Or maybe he was just a nod to Guinan. But yes he looked El-Aurian.

I loved the mission, the maze was fun, as was the easter egg. I got a good laugh with the tribble and the dead. I don't care about this ship, but I enjoyed the mission a lot. And Denise Crosby, nothing else to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not particularlly an Ambassador Class fan. Not that I'm against it, I just don't think much of it either way. That being said, I still loved the new mission.

Pros:
    A) Neat time travel story that worked with/continued from TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise.
    B) I liked listening to all the characters. It was cool to hear them talking and telling their (alternate reality) backstories.
    C) Hey look! My BOffs are characters in the story! That was really neat!!
    D) Cool "maze" - It was smaller than I thought it would be, but I liked the idea of a labyrinth of maintenance tunnels.
    E) Lots of accolades! Hey those were all great!
    F) Super Tribble! C'mon, really?!? LOL that was fantastic! Or maybe I'm just high from the fumes.
    G) Attack of the Little Running Gag Morn Edition makes it's appearance. Classic. And you know what? That guy is so talkative and personable. Sometimes you just can't shut him up!
    H) Two free spaceships! Yeah, ok, one is a T3 and I'll never use it, but free T5 is awesome, thanks!
    I) Free uniform pieces. These are a little... "plasticy" or "cheap" looking, but worth the price. Heh.
    J) And most important: Denise Crosby! The voice overs in general were great! Working along side Tasha Yar was AWESOME!!!

Cons:
    A) Tasha Yar's toon needs to blink more. She started at me way too much! lol
    B) The mission seems slightly bugged. I completed it, left the Wells, and got back to Sector Space, but my mission was still running. I had to re-enter and "Continue..." at the part where I go into the force field corridor. Re-ran the ending battle, and this time the mission completed. That was wierd.
    C) Known issue, but still a con: I had to reseat my BOffs after the mission when I returned to my ship.
    D) I don't have/couldn't take with me all that lovely Mk XII Purple Gear that was on the Ent-C I was flying in the mission.
    E) I didn't get to keep that nifty "workers jumpsuit" I wore for most of the mission.

All-in-all, fantastic mission. Happy Anniversary STO, and thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    C) Hey look! My BOffs are characters in the story! That was really neat!!

That was really neat. I'd like to see that functionality hit the Foundry.
    F) Super Tribble! C'mon, really?!? LOL that was fantastic! Or maybe I'm just high from the fumes.

It was a good gag.
    <3
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    People keep asking if Nelam is the Traveller. He is not. He's an El-Aurian. The same race as Guinan.

Also, does anyone else think B'Vat sounds like Morbo?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    People keep asking if Nelam is the Traveller. He is not. He's an El-Aurian. The same race as Guinan.
    Apparently not too many people pick up on his "I listen" line. Perhaps it was too subtle?
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also, does anyone else think B'Vat sounds like Morbo?

I always thought that he sounded like Kelgar Ironfist.
    <3
  • cordy38cordy38 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really enjoyed the episode, in fact I came back especially to play it, and getting the Ambassador, one of my favourite ST ships, was an added bonus. I now have both my favourite Trek ships in the game, Nebula and Ambassador :)
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think we're doomed. Captain W'hats's Face of the USS Pastak forgot about T'Nae!

Not that I remember. Nothing unusual as far as I'm concerned. There's a crazy El-Aurian with a cardboard sign on SB-39, crying that universe is about to end and that the base commander shouldn't be here, but admiral Zelle says to just ignore him and finish loading the warheads for the fleet's weekly excursion to Rator III, so I guess I'll do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I assumed that he was going to scoop her up too. they don't SHOW it but it makes sense.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • frostyslyfrostysly Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You've earned it!!! Its a great mission! I have nothing but praise!

Please do more...
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed, the mission was fun. It wasn't to long, wasn't to short, wasn't tedious. It felt just right. The voice acting though, that's what did it for me. Not just Denise Crosby's voice acting of Tasha but all of it, it was really good. I hope that some of the voice actors come back and voice their characters previous stuff, that would be amazing. The quality this time and with this batch was great, none of it seemed rigid or forced like some of the previous voice acting. If only you had been able to get Christopher McDonald to voice Castillo, that would have made it a 11 out of 10, instead it's only getting a 10 out of 10 from me!
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Overall a good mission, great details and a fun event.

But why, oh why, is my KDF character not freeing a Kamarang and rescuing BVat? Why can my rescued Borg Boff wear torn up pants in this mission but can't be customized in the rest of the game.

This mission reminds me way too much of a certain Champions Online mission chain where our bold hero has to go through an anomaly to another timeline, where the good guys are the hunted imprisoned downtrodden refugees who have to go into a prison to fight and change things back to normal. Hire writers with original ideas please.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE