test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3rd Anniversary Mission: Bugged

kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
This is addressing a Bug in the new 3rd Anniversary Episode. I have experienced it and others have told me they've seen the same thing happen to them. When I try to complete the mission, it says "Depart System" and so I depart. When I get to the Sector block screen, it doesn't say its completed, and that I should "report back to <name>." Instead, it says Continue: Saves (More than) Nine. I reenter the system. I'm back in the maintenance tunnels.

So yeah, I know this is a Bug Report, but I couldn't seem to find an appropriate subforum, so I just put it here. Feel free to move it if it doesn't belong.
Post edited by kiloace on

Comments

• garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had the same problem and I did it 3 times because I figured maybe I was assining the officers to the wrong stations and I was right.
    So here is how it worked for me:

Tasha Yar: Tholian webbing;
    Richard Castillo: Power levels;
    T'Nae: Tractor beam;
    Our officer: Docking clamps.

Hope this helps. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • majkaosmajkaos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had to do the same mission 3 times before i got thru, them I went to Adm Yim, got a new mission and after I started it, it all went away and I could not get it back.:eek:
  • kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    garakfan84 wrote: »
    I had the same problem and I did it 3 times because I figured maybe I was assining the officers to the wrong stations and I was right.

Huh. kay, I'll try that then.

Still, I don't think this was all intentional...and I hope they fix it.

Reminds me though, when I first experienced the problem, I thought it was part of the mission. :D

But really, once you start tampering with the Temporal Continuum, how much can you not expect?
    majkaos wrote: »
    I had to do the same mission 3 times before i got thru, them I went to Adm Yim, got a new mission and after I started it, it all went away and I could not get it back.:eek:

Yeah this is a serious problem.

DEVS

HELP PLEASE
  • mrjay39131mrjay39131 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im on my third run through; defeated all the baddies this time with the help of the temporal ship and her captain tells me to head for the anomaly. Tried to submit a bug report told me "Could Not Connect. Please try again later.

Arrgh!
  • mrjay39131mrjay39131 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mrjay39131 wrote: »
    Im on my third run through; defeated all the baddies this time with the help of the temporal ship and her captain tells me to head for the anomaly. Tried to submit a bug report told me "Could Not Connect. Please try again later.

Arrgh!

OK I hit depart system; ended back in sector space with the option to continue with the next part of the mission "redacted" which didnt do much and was able to resolve the mission.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited February 2013

But...that's not what they said they were best at.

I picked their 'specialties' and ended up getting the bug as others reported and not having it finish.

Reminds me of CO's 3rd Anniversary event, except nowhere near as bad. If you grouped up, you had a rare chance of being deleveled down to level 1. Said event was shut down in a day and never restarted.

Go anniversary fun!
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to do this twice, every time.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, I posted a very detailed bug report here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7845421#post7845421 If this does or does not work for you, please reply to that one with details. Maybe we can troubleshoot this annoying problem.

Here is the solution that worked for me (things I did not do prior to this attempt are in bold, because they're possible reasons why it completed):

6th attempt - continued from 5th attempt. Puts me in maintenance shaft entrance (first room). Decide to exit the maintenance shaft and re-enter after Yar tells me my objective.Go through 'crawling in' cut scene. Complete objectives and exit. Did not ask them their specialties, assigned in this order: Castillo-power, T'Nae-tractor beam, Yar-webbing.Started first thing on clamps, then went back through maintenance tunnel, came back out. Everyone else was still working on progress. Finished clamps. Waited until all three exited before exiting to go to ship(like, 5 minutes or so - they were waiting on me in the corridor).

This time, I did not fly through the temporal anomaly until I fully healed the U.S.S. Pastak, with their shields and hull at 100%. Also, first time I did not hit 'evasive maneuvers' when prompted by Yar.

When on temporal ship, when cut scene played, I walked away from the computer and didn't touch anything. Came back after 4 minutes, and was at "Redacted-Scan for Anomaly" in mission log, with pop-up interact 'scan for anomaly'. Let it sit there without scanning and without touching anything - no looking at bridge stations or accepting any completed DOff missions, just sitting there for over 15 minutes. When I scanned the anomaly, the mission completed (!) and log said to "Return to Engineer Tum'Era on Qo'Nos". Not wanting to risk another debacle, I opened my journal, hailed starfleet and collected the mission rewards before leaving the system.

Of all the things I tried, I believe it's most likely that the wait at the end was what triggered the completion. I would bet it has to do with lag in one form or another. The other possibility is choosing the things for people to work on without asking what their specialties are, but I'm thinking that's less likely. Relogging/dropping and retaking/beaming up instead of using DH contacts - none of these things worked for me.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • solomonk1ngsolomonk1ng Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2013

After repeating this mission 4 times (initially thinking the recursive loop was part of the mission) I can confirm that these assignment selections worked for me as well, rather than the assignments they suggest they are best at.
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I ran into the problem once as well as a fleet member had the problem. so on my 2nd round of it, i hailed starfleet b4 i even left the system. collected the reward it completed, THEN i left the azure nebula
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Tasha Yar: Tholian webbing;

That's the combination I used and it did NOT work for me.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • sissko1sissko1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Used the same combination and did NOT work for me either?!
    edited February 2013
    sissko1 wrote: »
    Used the same combination and did NOT work for me either?!

Had the same problem. Explained exactly what I did in this thread to finally get it to complete: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=537221

My best guess is that it was the waiting 15 minutes to scan the anomaly at the end. It could be connected to not asking about their specialties, but I find that less likely. Anyway, all the other stuff people have said they've done did not work for me.

Hope this does for you.

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
    edited February 2013
    joshl7889 wrote: »
    I ran into the problem once as well as a fleet member had the problem. so on my 2nd round of it, i hailed starfleet b4 i even left the system. collected the reward it completed, THEN i left the azure nebula

I don't know how that worked for you. There was never a reward for me to collect unless the mission completed. The issue was always that it didn't seem to register the final scan before leaving the area. Therefore, it didn't complete, which meant there was no way to hail anyone for a reward.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

edited February 2013
    Seems to me that the problem is a transition from sub missions "Will Save (More Than) Nine" and "Threading the Needle". If you don't see "Threading the Needle" in your mission to do list, then something wrong has happened. I've verified this on two of my accounts, still says "Will Save (More Than) Nine" instead. Only got one of my free ships so far.

Not sure what has happened in this case but it needs to be fixed.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)

edited February 2013
    I think I know where the bug is happening.

While in the Corridor on the way to the Enterprise C, the general mission list (not the one with the specific objectives) still says "Will Save (More Than) Nine" instead of "Threading the Needle" which is what is supposed to say at this point. However, the specific objectives list still says "Will Save (More Than) Nine".

If done right, the list says "Threading the Needle", but it doesn't match up with the specific objectives list. Looks like there is a bit of a programming bug between either the base or the corridor.

There is a workaround, when in the room, just before you go fetch Tasha T'nae and Castillo, you need to go to the Character Select screen and go back to the character you are playing. More often than not, this fixes the error and it has appeared to work for me.

Hope this helps
    Fleet Affiliations:

• smeagolsneakysmeagolsneaky Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Every time iv done this mission its bugged only worked once out of four trys :S
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Tasha Yar: Tholian webbing;

Worked each time, on 3 different toons. Don't know if it makes a difference but I always released the docking clamps AFTER everyone else was finished with their chore.

...And I didn't reconfigure the ship in ANY way either, didn't assign BOFFS, didn't install gear, NOTHING ! Might make a difference.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    ...And I didn't reconfigure the ship in ANY way either, didn't assign BOFFS, didn't install gear, NOTHING ! Might make a difference.

It doesn't. I've changed nothing from the default layout and still did not receive credit. I agree with the comment earlier, this happens somewhere between exiting the maintenance tunnels and boarding the Ent-C. I do not think it's related to the assignments you give the NPCs, as I kept getting the bug whether I put them on their specialties or not. It seems really random, like a variable isn't getting flipped somewhere in that sequence.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
    edited February 2013
    It doesn't. I've changed nothing from the default layout and still did not receive credit. I agree with the comment earlier, this happens somewhere between exiting the maintenance tunnels and boarding the Ent-C. I do not think it's related to the assignments you give the NPCs, as I kept getting the bug whether I put them on their specialties or not. It seems really random, like a variable isn't getting flipped somewhere in that sequence.

I agree, I feel the assignments and such are just coincidence of some sort. It took me 6 tries, and on the 6th one I waited 15 minutes before scanning the anomaly at the end and it completed. Also, I never had 'threading the needle' in my mission log, on completion or earlier.

I'm convinced it's due to lag of some trigger, perhaps the end, perhaps the tunnel/boarding, that still needed to catch up at the end.

But I was able to complete it without changing in the character selection. Maybe the character selection thing causes the trigger to happen in anticipation of logging out, but as I said earlier, the waiting for the game to catch up is what did it for me.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

• captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have not even exited to Sector space yet... I actually thought that huge energy ribbon (like the Nexus in the movie "Star Trek Generations") was the temporal anomaly. The actual thing is too small from a distance.

I don't understand why we get both a Support Cruiser and the Retrofit at the same time. I put the level 3 ship in my bank but I doubt it will be useful as my toon is already VA. (And we can't sell them either, argh!)
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
  • virpyrevirpyre Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    when i did this mission during the combat part of the mission where you have to kill 5 enemies, my client crashed for some reason now when I logged back into the game I was still in the area of the combat however the npc weren't attacking me, moving, or doing anything.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been avoiding that issue with the mission completion by sannning the anomaly, then closing the dialogue box that pops up instead of warping out of Azure. At this point I can turn in the mission normally.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2013
    I've been avoiding that issue with the mission completion by sannning the anomaly, then closing the dialogue box that pops up instead of warping out of Azure. At this point I can turn in the mission normally.

I tried that, didn't work for me. The only thing that worked for me was to wait to scan the anomaly for 15 minutes (might not have to be that long, but after 6 tries with various combinations and suggestions, I didn't want to jinx it).

Prior to that, scanning never triggered the end of the mission. I was amazed when I heard the 'mission complete' sound and immediately turned it in before warping out.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

edited February 2013
    well, I had it happen to me now.... What I noticed was that after the cutscene on the time ship my current objective had been reset to an earlier part of the mission. Scanning the anomaly did nothing because it wasn't part of the current objective.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited February 2013
    well, I had it happen to me now.... What I noticed was that after the cutscene on the time ship my current objective had been reset to an earlier part of the mission. Scanning the anomaly did nothing because it wasn't part of the current objective.

Interesting. I THINK now I've figured out where the problem is happening. If you ask the party what their specialties are before assigning the tasks, the mission seems to reset itself at the end and it can't complete (stuck at "Redacted", scanning the anomaly does not complete the mission). If you DON'T ask their specialties, and just assign the jobs, it completes.

I was certain it was lag and that waiting at the end before scanning the anomaly is what triggered it for me, but this time I waited and it did not complete. The only difference was that on the Fed side, I was put back in the control room needing to unlock the door, where on the KDF side, I was always put back to the beginning of the maintenance tunnels.

Attempting to follow troubleshooting methodology, I changed just one thing. This was the first attempt for one of my Fed characters, I followed the steps that I took to completion for my KDF (after the first 5 tries failed), with one exception - I asked each their specialties first, then assigned the tasks in order to get the accolade 'Don't Quit Your Day Job'. Went through the rest of the mission exactly as I had completed it on the KDF side, and at the end, was stuck at "Redacted" and could not get the mission to complete on scanning the anomaly. I waited a full half-hour, although I did scan every 5 minutes, and it wouldn't complete.

Next run-through, from control room, did everything exactly the same except did not ask anyone what their specialties were, just assigned the jobs (which was what I did when the KDF one completed as well). Sure enough, after completing the mission, waited 5 minutes then scanned the anomaly and it completed immediately.

If this is the problem, it would account for so many people thinking that choosing particular jobs or redoing it a few times is what was the trigger. After redoing it, most people are just going to choose the specialty and go from there.

Please post if assigning tasks without consulting about the specialties works for you or not. I will be trying this after the server comes up, to see if it works on another toon's first attempt.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

edited February 2013
    I see... interesting.... that would explain why I've only seen it twice.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've never asked their specialties and just assigned according to whoever is closest in the order it appears in the mission menu, also after the final anomaly scan when the leave system prompt comes up I hail the mission giver and claim the reward before leaving the system.
    Done it that way with all of my toons and had no problem completing.
    Clearly there is some kind of bug if it fails to complete if you choose to ask their specialties, but I can't say if that is case since I haven't done that, I've simply been assuming that if they are ship captains/crewman they should be able to do whatever regardless of what task you assign them.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have had no bugs completing the mission but the reward from the crate that is a level reward i have not received on 2 of 3 characters i have played the mission with, i have received the accolade but not the reward box?

On my primary i was able to complete and received all rewards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    I have had no bugs completing the mission but the reward from the crate that is a level reward i have not received on 2 of 3 characters i have played the mission with, i have received the accolade but not the reward box?

On my primary i was able to complete and received all rewards
    It's nothing special. It's a character bound version of the old "level appropriate item" crate. It's a totally random item that might be total junk. Or it might be a purple MK11 Neutronium.... you never know. And no you can't farm the crate because opening the crate is linked to having the accolade.

Also.... the reward box USUALLY auto opens itself.... USUALLY. So a lot of the time you'll never see the reward box in inventory.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing