test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Borg can now adapt to Plasma Fire applied by Plasma procs and Plasma grenades

xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
The Borg can now adapt to Plasma Fire applied by Plasma procs and Plasma grenades

What the TRIBBLE is this a joke bad enough they adapt to every thing eles.Now plasma fire too.:mad:

I freaking hate ground now.All most point less be cause borg are adapting to every thing now.You might as well as make them indestructible dog chew toys.

Explain how we re modulate the plasma grenades.
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Post edited by xcom43 on

Comments

• cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They still haven't found a way to adapt to my Sweeping Strikes.
    Just NOW? They've been able to do that for quite a while, IIRC. Must've been a bug or something that caused them to not adapt to it, and they just fixed it.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Just NOW? They've been able to do that for quite a while, IIRC. Must've been a bug or something that caused them to not adapt to it, and they just fixed it.

This is todays new patch.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
    edited January 2013
    cdrgadley wrote: »

That would be funny if they did.:D
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The change is stupid they should not adapt to plasma grenades. What is next making them adapt to melee attacks? Stupid stupid stupid. Ground missions are already hard enough to get started because of how hard they are for so many people making them harder is the last thing that was needed.
    edited January 2013
    What annoys me the most about this is that the plasma fire does not do much as is.And now that the borg are adapting to plasma grenades they be come all most useless.
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do they adapt to fire?
    I thought the whole idea of adaptation is to specific frequencies of energy based weapons.
    They match the frequency with their personal shields and are "protected" from the directed energy.
    How can their shields adapt to the frequency of a burning slick of fire?
    Does fire even have a frequency?

I've never done a ground Borg mission, so what do I know anyway..
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You guys have no clue right? :D L2P
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • havock1981havock1981 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »

What the TRIBBLE is this a joke bad enough they adapt to every thing eles.Now plasma fire too.:mad:

I freaking hate ground now.All most point less be cause borg are adapting to every thing now.You might as well as make them indestructible dog chew toys.

Explain how we re modulate the plasma grenades.

consider yourself lucky that they dont do the borg the way they should be
    imagine the spaceships becoming immune to phaser and torpedo attacks like they did when picard made first contact because of Q

the borg could really be much harder to kill than they are now and the only reason they are not harder to kill is because this is a video game and the bad guys need to lose
  • taavit22taavit22 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    havock1981 wrote: »
    consider yourself lucky that they dont do the borg the way they should be imagine the spaceships becoming immune to phaser and torpedo attacks like they did when picard made first contact because of Q

Actually, the ships are now equipped with automatic weapon and shield frequency remodulators. The ships computer randomly changes frequency every so often, denying the borg the ability to adapt.
    edited February 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    You guys have no clue right? :D L2P

What i been playing for 2 years now i no what i am talking about.
  • maevar99maevar99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ahh well.. every maintenance we get more bullsh1t from cryptic we have to handle.....

now the borgs adept all
    the passive foundry ships are aktive and fire back and we die in 1 sec ...
    our way to farm credits dili and fleet marks is ****ed up too now ....

oh i got an idea , maybe we can get next server maintenance a full whipe of all... and get just standard phaser stuff.. and a jumsuit to fly arround and fight ships ....
    missions ? ann well who needs them ... wecan farm dilithium with 8k refining a day.. for months to pay the new upcomming prizes from 1kk dilithium for a captains ship....

erm cryptic .... just an advise ....stop smoking so much ****..and start to use your brains ...
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At the risk of getting flamed (pun...perhaps intended) it would make sense for the Borg to adapt to plasma procs. They do use plasma themselves as energy of choice, so they would know a few things about it.
  • mariothebrosmariothebros Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Borg with new ability set of "Kung Fu Fighting" That's how they'd do it :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mariothebrosmariothebros Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When I read about this new Borg adaptability to plasma burn was for space battle. Or, is this new Borg adaptability be applicable to both space and ground battle?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    taavit22 wrote: »
    Actually, the ships are now equipped with automatic weapon and shield frequency remodulators. The ships computer randomly changes frequency every so often, denying the borg the ability to adapt.

They must still adapt to them to some degree.
    During the first encounter, the Enterprise blew holes into the cube that were bigger than the saucer.

http://www.treknologic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/TNL004-TNG-Q-Who-Worf-tries-to-hit-the-Borg-tractor-beam-emitter.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/STQWho.jpg

I counted 4 shots altogether fired into the Borg cube during the first engagement and it was enough to do damage to 20% of the vessel.

Yet in every encounter afterwards, the damage done to them was much much less.
    Even with remodulation the Borg learned to adapt to the weapons after the first encounter.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Concerning STO:
    Borg adaptation is a debuff, remodulation is an ability that removes said debuff. Therefore, you remodulate plasma grenades the same way you remodulate everything else.

Plasma fire does little damage anyway. I certainly wouldn't go counting on it to kill the Borg with.

Concernink Trek canon:
    Be happy the Borg only adapt to your own attacks and remodulation is always 100% effective. As per canon they could very well adapt to the entire team at once and have only a limited number of times you can remodulate. This happened in First Contact, eventually the Borg adapted to every possible phaser setting and phasers became useless.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow...when I saw the rom rep weapons, I expected the borg to get -maybe- a tiny boost in plasma defence..but adapting? seriously?

All those who went and sunk dil into a full rom rep weapons set must be feeling mightily cheesed off at this, I bet...
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    Wow...when I saw the rom rep weapons, I expected the borg to get -maybe- a tiny boost in plasma defence..but adapting? seriously?

All those who went and sunk dil into a full rom rep weapons set must be feeling mightily cheesed off at this, I bet...
    You know this is about ground weapons, right? Mostly plasma grenades.

Borg in space don't adapt.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Plasma still works for crowd control, right? Place a grenade fire in a door frame and the Borg still won't march through it?
    What about the science power that creates a fire on the ground?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    You know this is about ground weapons, right? Mostly plasma grenades.

Borg in space don't adapt.

I know..I'm talking about those who bought the embassy kits, the rom ground weapon sets, grinding hard for xii gear, only to find it now nerfed - as I said, I expected a defence rise, not a full blown adaptation
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited February 2013

In the next patch the Borg will use Judo after adapting to Melee.
  • causalityeffectcausalityeffect Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This really needs to be changed back. Being able to adapt to 'fire' is completely TRIBBLE logic.

Plasma Weapons - I can see them being able to generate a shield that can deflect the beam. Borg shields work wonders against Energy weapons which has been established.
    They do not have shields against kinetic attacks hence they can be punched, kicked, stabbed and otherwise mutilated by physics.

Thus, when someone shoots a Borg with a plasma weapon and 'lights' them up. They Borg is already on fire and thus 'Adapting' is just hilariously impossible. Putting up a shield against further energy beams would not magically put out the fire that has/is/will melt through the Drone's skin.
    Just like if someone blows a drones head off they cant magically adapt a new head. The damage is already done and will continue to be done unless they happen to be packing a fire extinguisher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    This really needs to be changed back. Being able to adapt to 'fire' is completely TRIBBLE logic.

Plasma Weapons - I can see them being able to generate a shield that can deflect the beam. Borg shields work wonders against Energy weapons which has been established.
    They do not have shields against kinetic attacks hence they can be punched, kicked, stabbed and otherwise mutilated by physics.

Thus, when someone shoots a Borg with a plasma weapon and 'lights' them up. They Borg is already on fire and thus 'Adapting' is just hilariously impossible. Putting up a shield against further energy beams would not magically put out the fire that has/is/will melt through the Drone's skin.
    Just like if someone blows a drones head off they cant magically adapt a new head. The damage is already done and will continue to be done unless they happen to be packing a fire extinguisher.

Agreed this is now the most annoying on ground stfs bad enough you can barely do damage as is.:(
  • whistleteethwhistleteeth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi
    I'm not one to complain . . . really, but I just got back to play after week and something wild & wacky is going on.
    I gather this is the best spot to post this.
    The game crashed a week ago while I was on Deferi - that's where I returned.

I charge a Borg with my Nanopulse Lurpa . . . nothing happened!
    (If you consider a red "1" for damage drifting away from its head nothing, we are in agreement)

I retreated and restarted the game thinking I was glitched. . . nice try. :rolleyes:

So I gather a Borg's neck can now adapt to being sliced-N-diced using the flying edge of a 5 foot glowing Nano-sharp Razor Blade.

IMHO . . . this is a bit over the edge, pun intended.

This will be fixed, correct???

If not, tell us what is scheduled for the next update? Please warn us in advance.
    Thank you.

PS: Still is a good game to play . . . if the Devs read this stuff. :P
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi
    I'm not one to complain . . . really, but I just got back to play after week and something wild & wacky is going on.
    I gather this is the best spot to post this.
    The game crashed a week ago while I was on Deferi - that's where I returned.

I charge a Borg with my Nanopulse Lurpa . . . nothing happened!
    (If you consider a red "1" for damage drifting away from its head nothing, we are in agreement)

I retreated and restarted the game thinking I was glitched. . . nice try. :rolleyes:

So I gather a Borg's neck can now adapt to being sliced-N-diced using the flying edge of a 5 foot glowing Nano-sharp Razor Blade.

IMHO . . . this is a bit over the edge, pun intended.

This will be fixed, correct???

If not, tell us what is scheduled for the next update? Please warn us in advance.
    Thank you.

PS: Still is a good game to play . . . if the Devs read this stuff. :P

Nano Pulse weapons are now considered energy weapons, get a regular melee weapon to bypass their shields.
  • whistleteethwhistleteeth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Resistance IS futile . . .
    $$$ down the tubes, but will do that until they release the Federation Lead Bullet Machine Gun.

Thank you for your quick response. :)