test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Question of the hour.

Is it **** if a Holodeck character refuses sex but you go for it anyway.
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Am I the only one that enjoys extended server maintenance (on pretty much any game with an active community) because it affords the change to read through (and reply to) the extreme amount of anger displayed in such threads?
  • Options
    texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am not complaining, just letting them know. For me, the login screen still shows server down and the same message :)

I am in Texas but not sure if that really helps :(

Just saw someone quote this. Had not seen it before my post :)

"Have you seen this yet : UPDATE (1/31 @ 10:17AM): The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 43 minutes)."
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    From the novels, it heralds the Borg invasion of 2381 when they send in 7000+ cubes

Which novels? Destiny?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We are the devs. close youre pc and surrender your internet connection. We will add your ip adres and windows to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us.but we need 4 houre's to acclompish that. Resistance is futile"
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    llunamaria wrote: »
    hi in italy is 07:22 PM......................when is possible to play in game??Thanks

9pm, same time for me.
  • Options
    seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the update Brandon. I know you guys are doing your best over there. Keep up the good work! ;)

ok, its 12:23 here in central texas and still cannot connect to server so any ideas
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    frojoe2000 wrote: »
    It's more like glorified masturbation then sex imo... but hey, lacking the love of a real woman, a holo one is the next best thing

That may quickly satisfy your brain, but not your soul.

As you get older you'll realize that it's not so much the act, but the connection that matters most. :)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how long for will we be able to get the new ships?
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nah, I was just joking. I've taken out big ships in a shuttle (granted it took countless respawns and more "Ramming Speed" buffs than I care to recount).

In regards to the downtime, I have no issue with maintenance. I think the issue most people are having is that they waited until the begining of an event that was heavily promoted to continue messing around with the patch servers. Timing is everything an that smacks of not only poor timing but poor decision making.

Logic demands that you have your ducks in a row before a major event, not wait until the begining of said event to tack on extra maintenance.

Logic and the devs decisions are not usually found together. A lack of FORESIGHT is common in my opinion.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If people are bored this will make you smile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVYCbRjhnsE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Adapting to FIRE? Really, Cryptic? Whether the fuel is plasma, wood, propane, or some other petroleum, fire is fire. How can the Borg adapt to fire? :confused:

Heat shielding? They'd already have to be able to do that to some extent, since most energy weapons seem to leave burns.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how long for will we be able to get the new ships?

You'll have till February 14th.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    this is too long :(
  • Options
    thestarranger4thestarranger4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So... Unless I only passed grade 1 maths by pure luck, when you said 2 hours... what you really meant was, near as makes no difference, 5 hours? So now that you're saying 1 hour 45 mins we're looking at... wait I know this... carry the 1... Oh my god... forget it, I'll be having fun with my jet pack before then!

Well, its more like they THOUGHT it was a minor fix that would only take 2 hours. Of course, the law of unintended consequences is ALWAYS in play.

If its any consolation, its not just affecting STO. CO is also still down, might even be spread to other PWI properties. (not that I care anything about them enough to check)
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    That may quickly satisfy your brain, but not your soul.

As you get older you'll realize that it's not so much the act, but the connection that matters most. :)

yeah, wait until 14.00
  • Options
    sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wont be long now, guys. Think of it this way, you have a few moments left to "get a life!" Call your momma and tell her you love her....for some of you she is right up stairs. ;)

Kiss your wife. Kiss your neigbor's wife. Let your wife kiss your neigbor's wife. :D

Bring the old lady next door some chocolates. Eat the old lady next door's chocolates.

Mow your lawn. Mow your neigbor's lawn. Mow your neigbor's cat!

Haha awesome :P Yeah giving me a chance to do my lit review for my interim report ROFL.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Which novels? Destiny?

Most of the invasion is in the Destiny trillogy but the start is in a couple of the other books like TNG - Resistance with the birth of the new queen
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2013

In regards to the downtime, I have no issue with maintenance. I think the issue most people are having is that they waited until the begining of an event that was heavily promoted to continue messing around with the patch servers. Timing is everything an that smacks of not only poor timing but poor decision making.

I think you're honestly missing the reason for 'messing around' with the patch servers. This is more of a launcher issue than the patch servers. Putting it in that context it's important to note that several users suffered severe issues with connecting to the launcher earlier this week, preventing many from entering the game for hours, or I believe in some extreme cases a day.

Whilst this may seem like poor timing, it's important to note that it is actually not something they really had control over. A problem happened, they decided to look at fixing it in the next maintenance window. It's unfortunate it's before a big event, yeah, but better than leaving players in certain areas in the cold during that time.

Hopefully people will understand this, as someone who was affected by the launcher issues I know I do - the trouble is those unaffected didn't have the problem, didn't get affected, and won't appreciate the downtime to help those who do - sadly? This is the way of the interwebz.

verlaine11 wrote: »
    From the novels, it heralds the Borg invasion of 2381 when they send in 7000+ cubes

A seriously epic, if somewhat of a curveball, set of novels.

Tobar.
  • Options
    justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains!

The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 45 minutes).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Were the Bynars able to find the issues with the server? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x-TyvUy54E
  • Options
    coriolanus19coriolanus19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Poor timing for extended maintenance. Happy 3 years, I guess?
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wenom4 wrote: »
    this is too long :(

That's what SHE said!
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    seems we're getting closer. I was able to patch, just cannot connect to login servers. :cool:
  • Options
    milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We are the borg. Resistance is R=pL/A. Your species does not even comprehend electronics, and will be eliminated.
  • Options
    johnnyelectricjohnnyelectric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The situation is grave, Admiral. We won't have main power for six "days". Auxiliary power has temporarily failed. Restoration may be possible, in two "days". By the book, Admiral

So given the above and our comms are being monitored, what does 1 hours 45 mins mean? :)
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    I wonder if the Minetrap pathing trouble for the Romulan Colonists is addressed in this patch? *hopes for the best but doesn't expect it* Anyway, thanks for the work. I'm sure there's a lot going on I'm not privy to.

I bet the doctor would slap you for that one, he thinks hes real.
  • Options
    paneth48paneth48 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains!

The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 45 minutes).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

seriously? what were you guys doing? Playing Pong or something? lol :P
  • Options
    boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To go on ahead and jump on the rage bandwagon.

Pitchforks: Check.

Torches: Check

Cryptic's Address: Check

Who's up for a roadtrip?

Lock and Load folks.
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    willomally wrote: »
    Can't help but remember what my dad used to tell me.
    Proper
    Planning
    Prevents
    Poor
    Performance

I was taught...

TRIBBLE
    Poor
    Planning
    Produces
    TRIBBLE
    Poor
    Products

And of course...PerfectWorld starts with a P...Which is what their "2 hour" estimated patch that has been extended is doing to us...PEEING on us

The Player (another P)

And now we can't PLAY (P)

PERFECT
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have to admit that I didn't like DS9 when it came out. I started watching it when it came out on DVD (no commercials!) and really love it! It has become my favorite Star Trek series. I agree the first two seasons are weak, but there are a couple of decent episodes. The Dominion war story makes it great.

I love "In the Pale Moonlight". That has to be the most atypical Star Trek episode ever!
This discussion has been closed.