test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    solcee2solcee2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains!

The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 45 minutes).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

keep up the hard work! I love this game
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains!

The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 45 minutes).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So... Unless I only passed grade 1 maths by pure luck, when you said 2 hours... what you really meant was, near as makes no difference, 5 hours? So now that you're saying 1 hour 45 mins we're looking at... wait I know this... carry the 1... Oh my god... forget it, I'll be having fun with my jet pack before then!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wouldn't skip the first two DS9 seasons, personally. They're not great, but they do develop the characters and help set the stage. And the Season 2 finale was awesome.

We have cake
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ready for the server to be brought up.
  • Options
    treksplorertreksplorer Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fuldry wrote: »
    Can we please have an update and/or eventually a deadline ?

Last update was one hour ago, I think it might be a good time to communicate again.

Fran?ois
    I am patching now, anyone else?
    I will do that. Especially since it's been making me sad not having any new Star Trek to watch and just watching reruns of Next Gen. I've seen everything else. I was basically just waiting for the new Abrams movie to come out. I really wish he'd just bite the bullet and do a series already. I mean if it's anything like Lost meets Star Trek it'll be awesome. At least it will be until the last episode.

I wouldn't expect him to do much more with Trek actually. Rumors are the second movie is his last now that he's been recruited for the new Star Wars movie(s).
  • Options
    bromleybr2bromleybr2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes how awful they are working on actually fixing problems instead of just letting the game run until it explodes.

What TRIBBLE.

Seriously people. Go eat lunch. Have a cookie. Even though most of you clearly don't deserve one.

Thanks for the update, Brandon.

get a job then you would realise how much of a problem this would be if it was during your peak time.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I will do that. Especially since it's been making me sad not having any new Star Trek to watch and just watching reruns of Next Gen. I've seen everything else. I was basically just waiting for the new Abrams movie to come out. I really wish he'd just bite the bullet and do a series already. I mean if it's anything like Lost meets Star Trek it'll be awesome. At least it will be until the last episode.

if i had a time machine id go back in time and shoot JJ so that he never gets a chance to star wars up my trek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    DS9 had by far the best combat scenes. The Defiant was insane in the Dominion war, well up until the Breen decided to fill it with holes.
  • Options
    jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So, 2 hour maintenance becomes 5 hours. Nice kick off to your anniversary event. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    frojoe2000 wrote: »
    the USS Ganges, the USS Yangtzee Kiang, and the USS Rio Grande were great ships! Plenty of strange new worlds explored in the runabouts.

But really, the best episodes of TNG are political ones.

DS9 is all about politics on the frontier, war, and the seedy side of a non-federation outpost where degenerates and new species from the gamma quadrent create mayham.

Best series in the genre imo

Agree on all points.
  • Options
    stearns1stearns1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OK Im having no problems with the launcher but when I get to the login screen it keeps timing out..Can you guys please get this fixed.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    "We are the Borg. You will be annihilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness have become irrelevant. Resistance is futile... but welcome."

That sounds familiar. Where is that from?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hi Captains!

The Launcher Should Now Be Accessible. We'll Be Completing Our Maintenance Asap. We'll Update You Upon Completion. Eta Noon Pst (1 Hour 45 Minutes).

I'll Do Far Worse Than Delay You. I've Hurt You. And I Wish To Go On... Hurting You. I Shall Leave You As You Left Me, As You Left Her. Marooned For All Eternity, In The Center Of A Dead Server... Buried Alive. Buried Alive.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brannnnnnnnnnn!!!
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    delvok5delvok5 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thank you Cryptic I may miss it when it comes out but I will be geting this ship today if its that last thing I do.
  • Options
    frojoe2000frojoe2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Missed the 'Holodeck' part...

But still seems too "Quarky" for me.

I'd rather have a real person on the other end anyway...

Creating someone to make love to, is a bit too much like a blow-up toy for my tastes.

<shrug>

It's more like glorified masturbation then sex imo... but hey, lacking the love of a real woman, a holo one is the next best thing
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wonder if the Minetrap pathing trouble for the Romulan Colonists is addressed in this patch? *hopes for the best but doesn't expect it* Anyway, thanks for the work. I'm sure there's a lot going on I'm not privy to.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All these waits better be worth it!!!

BTW, Thanks for the hardwork on the game Team Star Trek Online!!!

Cheers!!
  • Options
    thestarranger4thestarranger4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well, almost cool. I'll be having to shift off to RL about then probably. However, I hope the 70 pages of tracert data in that other thread helps figure out what/where the problem is!
  • Options
    lukeminherexxlukeminherexx Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wont be long now, guys. Think of it this way, you have a few moments left to "get a life!" Call your momma and tell her you love her....for some of you she is right up stairs. ;)

Kiss your wife. Kiss your neigbor's wife. Let your wife kiss your neigbor's wife. :D

Bring the old lady next door some chocolates. Eat the old lady next door's chocolates.

Mow your lawn. Mow your neigbor's lawn. Mow your neigbor's cat!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. -Einstein

• Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    An hour and 45 minutes? Really? Well that better be the case.

...or else?
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well ... it took a while. And a few respawns. :D

I'll make a video next time.

Nah, I was just joking. I've taken out big ships in a shuttle (granted it took countless respawns and more "Ramming Speed" buffs than I care to recount).

In regards to the downtime, I have no issue with maintenance. I think the issue most people are having is that they waited until the begining of an event that was heavily promoted to continue messing around with the patch servers. Timing is everything an that smacks of not only poor timing but poor decision making.

Logic demands that you have your ducks in a row before a major event, not wait until the begining of said event to tack on extra maintenance.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow Noon! I might as well watch a movie too!
  • Options
    frojoe2000frojoe2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Watch the first 2 seasons.... though they are a bit slow and boring, a lot of really important charector development is done in the first 2 seasons that make all the following ones so much more enjoyable.

You are really missing out if you skip them.
  • Options
    admiralmurkadmiralmurk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    stearns1 wrote: »
    OK Im having no problems with the launcher but when I get to the login screen it keeps timing out..Can you guys please get this fixed.

Do you not think to read the forum posts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That sounds familiar. Where is that from?

From the novels, it heralds the Borg invasion of 2381 when they send in 7000+ cubes
  • Options
    rifor83rifor83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Devs!

Thanks for trying to make sure login issues are less frequent in the future, but can I make a deal with you? I go back to sea on Saturday for 3 months (someone has to ship all those cheaply made goods around the world!) with no internet access apart from maybe a poor 2G roaming network in any ports I might visit. How about if you give me a tribble/trouble-free day tomorrow (i.e. no maintenance, no random tests) so that I can get my Ambassador class, and then you can have a full 3 months with the game offline for a full overhaul while I'm away so that its ready to play and perfect for when I get back!

Thanks!

:D

Place annoying e-peen boasting signature here!
  • Options
    legoorlegoor Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    stearns1 wrote: »
    Have you seen this yet : UPDATE (1/31 @ 10:17AM): The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 43 minutes).
  • Options
    willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can't help but remember what my dad used to tell me.
    Proper
    Planning
    Prevents
    Poor
    Performance
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
  • Options
    llunamariallunamaria Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hi in italy is 07:22 PM......................when is possible to play in game??Thanks
  • Options
    kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People whine complain and stamp around like ungrateful wretches..

but you know what...there's some people out there who have the right to stand up and drag Morgan Freeman over to explain to the devs 'this is how you fix an issue so DO IT'

We are people who paid to play long before it became free
    we are people who have been around since beta
    we are people who have FOR LIFE ACCOUNTS
    and we are people who stayed and toughed it out despite the BS we have to dive through to get were we are now

in lamens terms?

Were the people who actually give a damn enough to point out what needs to be fixed or created.

And personally I really don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. but facts remain no matter how someone tries to argue it.

KDF needs new gear

STOP FEEDING THE FEDS

and for god sakes! Give the Gorn some more damn options...because im not sure if you knew this but...some of the species had what we call tails. and you have so many bloody NPC civilians on quo'nos walking around with clothes we dont have..so just slap it on our kdf tailor and be done with it

and 4: GIVE US NEW GORN SHIPS. Come one...15 milling kdf an only slightly added vessels?
    and when are the ships INTERIORS gonna stop being half-assed? (ohh well just slap a bridge on for vanity sakes but leave the rest of the ship inaccessible unless its a normal one)

stop TRIBBLE with the borg specs!

and last but not least. something most of us vets have been curious bout...
    when do you plan to actually DO ANYTHING to the Captains Table we get access to? You know...as some type of reward or special runs that we get for having contributed as much as we have?

THATS a patch I WANT to SEE.
This discussion has been closed.