test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have to agree, DS9 really picked up in S3. I wasn't a big fan of it originally, but when I went back and watched the entire series... Wow... It actaully kinda made me a DS9 fan instead of a TNG...

It does get better. Much better.

Last season could have used some help... To much Ezri. Ezri was fine in and of herself, but way, way to much focus on her for one small season where so much other things were being wrapped up.

They should have just killed off Dax, or just not re-intdroduced a new character so late in the show.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ussberlin wrote: »
    its Patching but 8 GB?

and Jadzia sexiest Woman in TV!

Ooh, something doesn't sound right, there. 8 GB? The patch should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 434 MB.
    Hi Captains!

The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 45 minutes).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the heads up, Brandon! :)
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    noon is thsi 12:00 ? Pacific makes 21:00 my time so maybe no Enterprice-C today for me ... i dont like this !!!

but thanks for the info
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    One hour fourty five mins...Got to be FREAKING kidding me. Late for your own anniversary, and not fashionably if you want to try and say. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kitsmer wrote: »
    launcher just loaded!!!!!

could this be it?

...and then again...I patch but can't seem to get beyond "Connecting to the login server..."
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    bertysmithbertysmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
  • Options
    joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ah I see. Thanks for the info. That explains why I was clueless. Never really got into Deep Space Nine. Didn't have enough exploration and discovery for me. The station was well... stationary! That pretty much killed the show for me. That and the fact that it was more soap opera like than some of the other Star Trek shows I've watched.

once u get through the first couple of seasons and they start really getting into the Dominion story arc's, then it gets really good.
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tcbys1 wrote: »
    Why wouldent a Holodeck character not want sex? I'd just program it to not refuse my sexual advances on a hologram.

Missed the 'Holodeck' part...

But still seems too "Quarky" for me.

I'd rather have a real person on the other end anyway...

Creating someone to make love to, is a bit too much like a blow-up toy for my tastes.

<shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    frojoe2000frojoe2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    The Defiant's arrival made the show "ARRIVE" in my opinion. And BTW, the Romulan that makes the initial appearance to help with the cloak is "Seska" from Voyager. Cool as hell. Well, same actress.

You know, I preferred Seska as a Bajoran looks-wise.

the USS Ganges, the USS Yangtzee Kiang, and the USS Rio Grande were great ships! Plenty of strange new worlds explored in the runabouts.

But really, the best episodes of TNG are political ones.

DS9 is all about politics on the frontier, war, and the seedy side of a non-federation outpost where degenerates and new species from the gamma quadrent create mayham.

Best series in the genre imo
  • Options
    grungepunk5kgrungepunk5k Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Skip the 1st 2 series and watch from Season 3 and it gets much better lol

I will do that. Especially since it's been making me sad not having any new Star Trek to watch and just watching reruns of Next Gen. I've seen everything else. I was basically just waiting for the new Abrams movie to come out. I really wish he'd just bite the bullet and do a series already. I mean if it's anything like Lost meets Star Trek it'll be awesome. At least it will be until the last episode.
  • Options
    captainstevensoncaptainstevenson Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I reported a two big bugs yesterday or the day before in a Klingon mission, Blood of the Empire, where one whole room of the KDF HQ was missing parts and it was mostly black and hell to navigate through. And in the same mission it points you to a room at some point and it says protect J'mpok well when you to that room nobody is there. I reread my what my boff said and found out that J'mpok was supposed to be upstairs and I checked and rechecked the building and there was no way to get upstairs. So one it prevents you from completing the mission and two with almost every part of the room gone it removes a huge visual factor to that mission and I can almost guarantee you that's what their fixing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sycrussycrus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    damm it i could play until 20:00 utc+1
    i coms online 22:00 utc+1
    hate it
  • Options
    lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is the new ETA?
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • Options
    seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm sorry, are you daft? It plainly states they're working on the launcher right now.

have they given any kind of time on how long they extended maint. the last i sw was that server was up but site was down
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes how awful they are working on actually fixing problems instead of just letting the game run until it explodes.

What TRIBBLE.

Seriously people. Go eat lunch. Have a cookie. Even though most of you clearly don't deserve one.

Thanks for the update, Brandon.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains!

The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 45 minutes).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the update Brandon. I know you guys are doing your best over there. Keep up the good work! ;)
  • Options
    yezar82yezar82 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    But I already finished watching Yesterdays Enterprise =(. Guess I can wait a little longer :P
    For Cardassia!

• Options
    str8nge1str8nge1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    434MB patch took 2 minutes Server still Red
  • Options
    mobiusoneofgalmmobiusoneofgalm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So its really 1h 45min? Cant be true huh?
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bertysmith wrote: »
    "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

**shoots with tommy gun**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bertysmith wrote: »

"We are the Borg. You will be annihilated. Your biological and technological distinctiveness have become irrelevant. Resistance is futile... but welcome."
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wouldn't skip the first two DS9 seasons, personally. They're not great, but they do develop the characters and help set the stage. And the Season 2 finale was awesome.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    uberadiant88uberadiant88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes how awful they are working on actually fixing problems instead of just letting the game run until it explodes.

What TRIBBLE.

Seriously people. Go eat lunch. Have a cookie. Even though most of you clearly don't deserve one.

Thanks for the update, Brandon.

^^ This squared.
  • Options
    edbohagenedbohagen Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    milestfox wrote: »
    The point was not two characters = infinite refine.. it was 8k*num-characters. If you have 30 characters, then your daily refine limit is 30*8k, or 240k/day. Substantially better than the 8k/day for the single character.

Actually it was specifically the one extra character, and stated "no limit"

Suggest you read the original posts ;)
  • Options
    buayafederasibuayafederasi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    they changed their network provider, sure the stability & acceptance test will take longer ;)
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1h 45 min to server is up?

If I let any of my services go down for more than just a few minutes throughout an entire year... the company wouldn't let me have 1h 45m to clean out my desk....

Someone should introduce PWE to clusters.
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All your Zen belong to us...
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    its gonna take me 10 years to patch this lol
  • Options
    jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    An hour and 45 minutes? Really? Well that better be the case.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It look like the dev tracker is broken.
This discussion has been closed.