test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    frojoe2000 wrote: »
    I'm so bored, I started watching the JJ Abrams relaunch.

bored aswell but if i start watchin something sto will come back up...

on 2nd thoughts maybe i should just 2 get sto back up...lol
  • tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fahhqueue wrote: »
    When can we actually get the ambassador? I'm new and just got to commander, so its good timing. Is it as soon as the game starts working again?

The event with the mission to get the ship starts in 30 minutes (If game is back online by then)
  • edbohagenedbohagen Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Need to complete the anniversary mission to get it
  • treksplorertreksplorer Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm listening to the Rocky Horror soundtrack to pass the time. Sigh.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just read that the 3rd Anniversay event was due to go live at 10am. Can you confirm that with the delay in maintainance that this time is still valid, or will it too be pushed back by an hour?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • asheistheravenasheistheraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    FIX THE LAUNCHER OMG. I think they are useless, they always broke something

Wow as if there isn't a life outside STO these days. Chill
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bignutter wrote: »
    I thought there was a Doff Mission for "700+ Day Captains" that allowed you get a few more 000's per day.

But the "quickest" way is the Dilithium exchange, if you wanted more than 8000 on a character per day.

no its 1k every 48 hrs due to the doff mission cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fahhqueuefahhqueue Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The event with the mission to get the ship starts in 30 minutes (If game is back online by then)

I don't really understand how events work, I hope I figure it out before running out of time.
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im bored enough that I would try watching Wrath of Khan.But i watched that last night in a pathetic attempt to fall asleep. I havnt been able to stay awake past the first battle with the Reliant in years. So watching that last night should put me to sleep right, nope. i managed to stay awake through the ENTIRE movie :(. I doved off a lil there when spock was in engineering. but i sadly was awake through the whole thing
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm just a noob of sorts but if we can pay to open Temporal lock boxes and receive ships, then we should be able to pay 1 ZEN to re-lock it with a ship we don't use that often, to free up an active ship slot so it can be stored it in our inventories/bank as none transfer.. of course with no key cost to re-open it just a right click provided you have a space to accommodate its use on your "active ship" load out list.

That's too good an idea for them to use. If it makes sense and requires them to work, they will not do it.

Just kidding guys...Oh, you KNOW I love you.

(Have to love them with all the bending over they make me do...grumble)
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just finished watching a movie and this game is still down. lulz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    frojoe2000 wrote: »
    You can buy an extra ship slot. Problem solved.

As I said several times earlier, there is a limit to how many slots you can have and the number of available ships FAR EXCEEDS that total.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    As I said several times earlier, there is a limit to how many slots you can have and the number of available ships FAR EXCEEDS that total.

Then you have to buy more character slots and buy those characters extra ship slots.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Are you talking about ships like the Steam Runner in the "Steam" package?

You can still reclaim those type of ships from the ship requisition station.

Afaik, the only ships you cannot reclaim are the free ships like the Odyssey, breen ship and lockbox ships.

Fairly certain all of those are reclaimable as well from the ship requisition station. I know the free Oddy is.

(I'd check the lockbox ships with my tholian sci ship, but argh servers down ragh!!!)
  • tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't really understand how events work, I hope I figure it out before running out of time.

Most likely Q will be at Earth space dock just look for him and then talk to him and one of the text choices will be the mission to get the ship.

Q is normally outside the Admirals office or near the Club 47.
  • oleary82oleary82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    any update on the re-activation time?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013

It doesn't end till February 14. Plenty of time. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • havock1981havock1981 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i cant believe people dont understand that sometimes maintenance takes longer than it should and without looking at the updated 1st post come cry on this thread like a mindless targ
    edited January 2013
    That was a good movie, better choice than the Motion Picture!
    xero328 wrote: »

Because, you know, it makes complete sense to own every ship at once and have them outfitted and slotted, because they'll all be used so often that it's absolutely necessary to have them ready at a second's notice, even though the C-Store ships are reclaimable when necessary and don't need to be slotted. Yup. Total sense.
    edited January 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Then you have to buy more character slots and buy those characters extra ship slots.

Believe it or not, I want my main character to have all the ships. Not spread them out over all my toons.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    still can't play all I get is "Unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check internet connection.

Internet is just fine nothing wrong
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Most likely Q will be at Earth space dock just look for him and then talk to him and one of the text choices will be the mission to get the ship.

Actually last anniversary there as a new contact in ESD for the Oddy mish. Q was around, but didn't have anything to do with the mission.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013

They said in Dev blog 32 that Feds get the mission from Engineer Kani at the ESD fountain. KDF players talk to Engineer Tum'Era on Qo'noS.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • grungepunk5kgrungepunk5k Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well apparently my current Star Trek Online obsession must come to an end. Guess it's time to go back to Guild Wars 2... :(

Also I believe your definition of "fixing" is what the rest of us use to define "breaking" so stop "fixing" the game and fix it already! :P
    edited January 2013
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    still can't play all I get is "Unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check internet connection.

Internet is just fine nothing wrong

On ce again....bright red text at the top says they are running tests on the launcher and thus it is unavailable.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why even set ETA's if we all know that something is going to crop up. Got me peeved enough I started posting here, after playing the game for nearly a year.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    brandon come on get your finger out...:D
    edited January 2013
    Because, you know, it makes complete sense to own every ship at once and have them outfitted and slotted, because they'll all be used so often that it's absolutely necessary to have them ready at a second's notice, even though the C-Store ships are reclaimable when necessary and don't need to be slotted. Yup. Total sense.

Some of us collect...And it'd be nice to have them all available when we want them. Not have to dig and do more work, because we took the time and money to invest in them.

To each his own.
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    topic change.....JAdzia or Ezri?
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    havock1981 wrote: »
    i cant believe people dont understand that sometimes maintenance takes longer than it should and without looking at the updated 1st post come cry on this thread like a mindless targ

Some people just want things. Things that make them go.

Seriously, though, it's likely that most people who are complaining the loudest about wasted time and incompetence don't realize that making the magic talking box work properly isn't always a cut and dried situation. Sometimes things happen, especially with the thousands of variables present in a game like this one.
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
This discussion has been closed.