test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bignutter wrote: »
    That helps.

If I'm reading the stats correctly Ambassodor Refit (Ent-C) is similar to the Assault Cruiser/Sovereign Class (Ent-E). The Most Noticeable is the BOFF Slots.

(BTW: My Engie Fed Character "Kat" on USS Keiya, is Assault Cruiser/Sovereign Class.)

it also says it has 500 more hull the the sovi/regent
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    Enough. I used tokens to buy them I am told. Okay, I guess then I just wasted them. I still made the mistake. A shame it is still possible to do so. I guess I should be happy that I can get them from the store...For only 4000 zen.

But...If they are worth that amount, then that's the value of what I deleted...So I DID lose that implied amount, because to replace them due to my mistake, I would have to lay out that total. And since it is POSSIBLE to make the mistake, by my error in believing that all stores in cstore are reclaimable, and since I HAD said ship I figured I had bought it (with having most every ship I DO tend to forget which was acquired how,) and I deleted it. Them, there were two.

So just because you see a ship in store and you have it already, doesn't mean you can delete it. Good to know. It would be nice if there was an icon that stated such, that it isn't reclaimable.

If you check the left side column (under the Ships headings) when in-game at the C-Store, it will tell you which ships you have purchased that are and are not reclaimable. It says 'Available' in the case of those that are.
    (EDIT: You have to slide your mouse cursor over it to see this.)
    jadonovan wrote: »
    Ok let's play one of my favorite downtime games. Let's hear some wagers on predictions for when the servers go back up. I say 10 minutes short of the two hour eta. Anyone else?

Monday They managed to come back almost a half-hour early...

But I'm gonna go with... SOON™

:D;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Remember folks .... Just because the server will come back up when it comes up doesn't mean that the event will be live.

I hope it is, but they might wait and flip the Q switch in another hour.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    Remember folks .... Just because the server will come back up when it comes up doesn't mean that the event will be live.

I hope it is, but they might wait and flip the Q switch in another hour.

The event is scheduled to start at 10am PST :) This was noted in the in-game calendar update made last week, and the blog out earlier this week.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's not their job to protect customers from their own stupidity. Sad that people seem to be so entitled now that they think they deserve something that costs money because they messed up something they got for free. But I guess that's what's become of most "customers" these days.

LOL you want to take a jab at me...Go right ahead. I admit when I make a mistake or two, and try to learn from it and pass along to others. On occasion, I might be able to help prevent others form making the same mistake.

I see that no one has disputed the fact that if there were a larger amount of slots available, that this would probably not be an issue because you wouldn't NEED to delete ships.

If you want to say I feel that I am entitled to it, you'd be wrong. I think that there is an understanding between a player and the company that is a basic agreement. Sort of like cursing on forums...If you go over a line, you are penalized.

Do you think having limits on ship slots is a limitation?
    Having a limit causes one to need to delete ships to add new ones.
    One could make a mistake and delete the wrong ship.
    Having no limit would alleviate the accidental deletion in THIS case.

It doesn't absolve the fact that I deleted two ships. I never disputed that.
    They HAPPEN to be token ships.
    When viewing them through store, they look no different than zen ones.
    It is easy to forget HOW you got them, when you bought SO many over 3 years.

I submit that an icon in the store showing which you bought and how would help. MUST they? Nope. Would it help? Probably. Will people still delete them by accident thinking they are reclaimable? Maybe...But the fact remains that the only reason to delete them is to make room for others...

Which would not be NECESSARY if there was a higher total of slots. And doing so would ACCOMODATE those of us who have SPENT the money on the OTHER ships.
  • Options
    tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So event starts at 6pm GMT for please to lazy to check ;)
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The event is scheduled to start at 10am PST :) This was noted in the in-game calendar update made last week, and the blog out earlier this week.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks, Brandon ... Had that feeling and from some of the comments began to feel many players were expecting it live when the servers pop back up after maintenance.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to be extending our maintenance. A new ETA will be provided as soon as one is available. As tests are still ongoing, please check out the red text on the top of the forum.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bran Flakes will you be online today for the kick off at 10am PST!
  • Options
    jadonovanjadonovan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That's what I get for being the optimist! But, tbh, I did forget that the new mission wouldn't go live at the end of downtime, so 10AM PST is the time I'm gonna hope we get back in for now!
  • Options
    canadianmetalfancanadianmetalfan Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Which is an hour AFTER the end of the supposed time the servers will be down. for those players on the eastern side of the continent like myself, add 3 hours to the time.

I will have to wait a couple of hours or so to play due to a doctors appointment scheduled right after the servers are supposed to be brought back up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ODYSSEY SCIENCE CRUISER - U.S.S. MAIDEN TORONTO NX-971312-B
    VESTA MULTI-MISSION SURVEILLANCE EXPLORER - U.S.S. HOPE IN HELL NX-902013-A
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    LOL you want to take a jab at me...Go right ahead. I admit when I make a mistake or two, and try to learn from it and pass along to others. On occasion, I might be able to help prevent others form making the same mistake.

I see that no one has disputed the fact that if there were a larger amount of slots available, that this would probably not be an issue because you wouldn't NEED to delete ships.

If you want to say I feel that I am entitled to it, you'd be wrong. I think that there is an understanding between a player and the company that is a basic agreement. Sort of like cursing on forums...If you go over a line, you are penalized.

Do you think having limits on ship slots is a limitation?
    Having a limit causes one to need to delete ships to add new ones.
    One could make a mistake and delete the wrong ship.
    Having no limit would alleviate the accidental deletion in THIS case.

It doesn't absolve the fact that I deleted two ships. I never disputed that.
    They HAPPEN to be token ships.
    When viewing them through store, they look no different than zen ones.
    It is easy to forget HOW you got them, when you bought SO many over 3 years.

I submit that an icon in the store showing which you bought and how would help. MUST they? Nope. Would it help? Probably. Will people still delete them by accident thinking they are reclaimable? Maybe...But the fact remains that the only reason to delete them is to make room for others...

Which would not be NECESSARY if there was a higher total of slots. And doing so would ACCOMODATE those of us who have SPENT the money on the OTHER ships.

If you check my previous post, you'll find the method to discover which ships you have the opportunity to Reclaim in the C-Store.

Also, as suggested in an earlier post, wouldn't you accomplish more, if you started your own thread about this subject?
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why am I not surprised that it has been extended? Monday was totally FUBAR so why should today be any different? Twice in one week just has to be a record.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    treksplorertreksplorer Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, guess the event no longer starts at 10am as maintenance goes on beyond that :x lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to be extending our maintenance. A new ETA will be provided as soon as one is available. As tests are still ongoing, please check out the red text on the top of the forum.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Poopies... that means I'll be at work when it starts... Dang... :(
  • Options
    vnm51vnm51 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To devs:

Is there any chance guys to increase the quantity of refined dilithium per a day in the future?
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

/headdesk

Good grief...
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    xariama wrote: »
    /headdesk

Good grief...

...and the Anticipation grows... :cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

Aw, disappointed. I was expecting Rocky Horror. Rofl.
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    vnm51 wrote: »
    To devs:

Is there any chance guys to increase the quantity of refined dilithium per a day in the future?

never happen its a shame like 10k would be much better
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

No, not that... I was hoping to check a couple things before I left to go get three teeth pulled. Looks like I get to try and figure things out with a mouthful of gauze and a hydrocodone messing with my already-scrambled brain. :D
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Indeed it does
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Aw, disappointed. I was expecting Rocky Horror. Rofl.

I'm cool with That too...

:D
  • Options
    vnm51vnm51 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    like 10k would be much better
    That would be enough.
  • Options
    xindi359xindi359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "Unable to connect to Patch server...."
    is it cause of manitenance?Worked fine before it.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is no refining limit. It's called "use your other character slot and understand that the Dil Exchange exists".

The only people affected by it are ones self-imposing restrictions.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    admiralmurkadmiralmurk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xindi359 wrote: »
    "Unable to connect to Patch server...."
    is it cause of manitenance?Worked fine before it.

Maintenence has been extended buddy :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xindi359xindi359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ****! :) till when?
  • Options
    admiralmurkadmiralmurk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xindi359 wrote: »
    ****! :) till when?
    Not sure yet, gonna update it in the red writing at top of page :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Til Q is done messin' with Picard.
This discussion has been closed.