test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• aorikaorik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anyone who knows anything about theoretical plasma weaponry knows that plasma cannot simply be generated and fired, it has to be encapsulated, Most likely in some sort of electromagnetic shielding, who knows what method could be used in the sto universe, perhaps tiny pellets contained in force fields, whatever, However the borgs shielding could easily adapt to the encapsulation, so a plasma energy weapon could still easily be adapted to.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lordlalo wrote: »
    I have to ask, who's idea was it to allow the borg to adapt to plasma? I have the MACO set so adapting is not an issue but plasma is not a particle (it is the 4th state of matter) and does not necessarily have a frequency -- this is a plank of STO that is now science friction. Please revert this change.

Although Borg adapting to plasma will certainly make thing more interesting in ground combat against the Borg, these changes mean the final stages of fixing plasma damage introduced by the flamethrower.

Currently only available through embassies, but perhaps soon the Romulan flame-thrower will return in the reputation shop.

Having said that, it is odd that the Borg adapt to the 4th state of matter. :P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    The following has been added to today's patch notes:
    Foundry:

• Foundry NPC Groups set to Timid creature will now fight back when they take damage.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Foundry NPC Groups set to Timid creature will now fight back when they take damage.

Whaaaat?

The "cover instead of fight" behavior was the only useful feature of Timid Creature! Why are you changing that? :(
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited January 2013
    I have to ask, who's idea was it to allow the borg to adapt to plasma? I have the MACO set so adapting is not an issue but plasma is not a particle (it is the 4th state of matter) and does not necessarily have a frequency -- this is a plank of STO that is now science friction. Please revert this change.

They can already adapt to Fek'Ihri fire and acid attacks. I don't see how this is any different.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Plasma still damages them, and the Borg generally adapt to damage :)

As for the 'Frequency' aspect, I'd chalk that up to gameplay considerations. Not everything in video games (MMO's included) is realistic after all, and we ARE in a science fiction world... plus ST has let a lot of science slide by for the sake of plot and entertainment
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Whaaaat?

The "cover instead of fight" behavior was the only useful feature of Timid Creature! Why are you changing that? :(

Curious myself.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Hey Devs, Thanks for thinking we were so stupid that THIS balls up would go un-noticed. Way to insult your users intelligence...

"The price of the Current Lock Box on the Dilithium Store has been reduced from 200 Dilithium each, to 10 Dilithium each.

They must now be purchased 20 at a time.
    "

20x10=...... Bravo... (And people wonder why I call it Pakled World...)

I will go slow for our viewers at home.
    Before 1 box cost 200 dil.
    Now 10 boxes cost 200 dil.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • zypheerzypheer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Exactly how many "patches" we gonna get this week.. u have added nothing... yet our 2 hour "patch" yesterday too 4 hours.... u know.. unless ur actually gonna DO somethin u should probably stick to 1 maint a week...
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    khan5000 wrote: »

You mean 20 boxes cost 200 dil? Even my Computer told me that seemed odd.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zypheer wrote: »
    Exactly how many "patches" we gonna get this week.. u have added nothing... yet our 2 hour "patch" yesterday too 4 hours.... u know.. unless ur actually gonna DO somethin u should probably stick to 1 maint a week...

The stealth part is the anniversary is supposed to launch today
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They're breaking it because of the "Battleship Farm" missions. Unfortunately, they entirely fail to grasp how this actually works, so this "fix" for a nonexistent problem fails and winds up breaking every other use for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    They're breaking it because of the "Battleship Farm" missions. Unfortunately, they entirely fail to grasp how this actually works, so this "fix" for a nonexistent problem fails and winds up breaking every other use for this.

Well, dang. Not sure whether to be mad at the grinders for making those grind missions, the "regular" Foundry authors for making such a fuss about it (myself included), or the devs for not finding a better solution.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    macrican wrote: »
    Really excited for the additions to the Jem Hadar space set. Can't wait for the Ambassador to come out tomorrow too! I even bought additional ship slots so I can commission her straight away and take her for a spin :)

LOL prepare yourself...If you plan to collect all the ships over the years as I have done since BETA 2010, keep in mind that you will run out of space in ship slots. Even if you spend money on their ships, you cannot possess them all due to their idiotic limitation of such. When you are filled and get a new ship, you must decommission one to make room.

BE CAREFUL, because even a veteran like me accidentally deleted two cash ships by accident the other day. YOU OWE ME 4000 ZEN BY THE WAY

So if you spend money, what they WANT you to do, there is a rude awakening that they do not appreciate it by making life easier for us. In fact, they WANT you to mess up so you have to rebuy a ship.

Acknowledgement could even come as an accolade for ship collecting...WHich also doesn't exist, despite being asked for by myself and others for YEARS. It is as much a priority as fixing Crystalline Entity, or making that new romulan space red alert easier to get into. That is to say, not a bit important to them.
    edited January 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    BE CAREFUL, because even a veteran like me accidentally deleted two cash ships by accident the other day. YOU OWE ME 4000 ZEN BY THE WAY

So if you spend money, what they WANT you to do, there is a rude awakening that they do not appreciate it by making life easier for us. In fact, they WANT you to mess up so you have to rebuy a ship.

You know you can reclaim cash ships from the C-store for free, right?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually, the update had nothing to do with removing Q from the starbase, but apparently they felt it was ABSOLUTELY critical to halt the outbreaks of random violence in the social zones. Q himself was not removed in the update, as the event continued for another hour or two after the server came back up, and disappeared on his own without the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    sean2448 wrote: »
    atleast we can get stack of 20 lock boxes for 200 it was kind of high for 1 box at 200

Yeah, and those of us who bought a bunch of boxes that first day at original price didn't get reimbursed. That's GRIMY.

And what about putting keys onsale the next day, when most everyone I know bought them ahead of time? Thanks AGAIN for being money-grubbers.

The most glaring tactics to me about the greed is the ships that you need $ to buy, in lobi, zen or whatever form...And then if you buy all of them like they WANT you to do, the player doesn't have the SPACE in ship slots to store them all!!!

What kind of TRIBBLE slap in the face is that all about? A player spends several hundred dollars on ships, retrofits and the like, and cannot have access to them all without deleting and reclaiming them because SOMEONE didn't plan ahead and expand the ship slots???

When you buy a ship, it should come with a slot to accomodate it. I have bought all the expansion slots. In fact, I have bought most every ship. There are quite literally 15 or so ships I can reclaim...But have no room to!!! It is offensive.

When you DELETE a ship to make room, be very very careful not to delete one that you cannot get back for free...I have done this, and I MAINTAIN that they owe me 4000 zen for their oversight because I lost two ships this way over the years. Needless to mention I have spent thousands on the game...
    edited January 2013
    khan5000 wrote: »

IMO, the insult is to the people that bought them at the original price and then notice the next day that the price was lowered. Take the money, then snub your nose at those or spent it. Nice job guys.
  • valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As the name suggests i see at top its down n says morning but is that morning in uk? Or anywhere else? I want my retrofit lol
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The following has been added to today's patch notes:
    Foundry:

* Foundry NPC Groups set to Timid creature will now fight back when they take damage.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Oh thats just great, that's gonna break my mission as my timid NPC's are SUPPOSED to run away when attacked. I guess my 'chance' to fail the mission is an assured fail now.

Great job guys.
    :(
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited January 2013
    Oh, and also that they were going to get 200 dil from you in ANY way they could...So they just lowered the price per box, but made SURE they got their required amount. That too is insulting.

IT IS NOT THE MATH people are complaining about in your post...It is the greed of them to get their 200 dilithium, and their refusal to refund anyone who OVERPAID the day before.

Far as I can see that is
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Yeeeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure the only thing he's looking at is a bit of hassle and possibly a new registry number if he can't remember the old one.

For that matter, how do you accidentally delete a ship, let alone two? YOU HAVE TO TYPE THE THING'S NAME IN TO CONFIRM.
    edited January 2013

Not every ship you pay zen for is reclaimable. See the voyager retrofit whatever its called...long range science vessel whatever

and the defiant retrofit...I had BOTH of those, and of course oops, deleted wrong one because I saw it was on cstore and figured as u did, "yeah, I can get them again later..."

NOT so

I want my $40 or 4000 zen back
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, and those of us who bought a bunch of boxes that first day at original price didn't get reimbursed. That's GRIMY.

And what about putting keys onsale the next day, when most everyone I know bought them ahead of time? Thanks AGAIN for being money-grubbers.

The most glaring tactics to me about the greed is the ships that you need $ to buy, in lobi, zen or whatever form...And then if you buy all of them like they WANT you to do, the player doesn't have the SPACE in ship slots to store them all!!!

What kind of TRIBBLE slap in the face is that all about? A player spends several hundred dollars on ships, retrofits and the like, and cannot have access to them all without deleting and reclaiming them because SOMEONE didn't plan ahead and expand the ship slots???

When you buy a ship, it should come with a slot to accomodate it. I have bought all the expansion slots. In fact, I have bought most every ship. There are quite literally 15 or so ships I can reclaim...But have no room to!!! It is offensive.

When you DELETE a ship to make room, be very very careful not to delete one that you cannot get back for free...I have done this, and I MAINTAIN that they owe me 4000 zen for their oversight because I lost two ships this way over the years. Needless to mention I have spent thousands on the game...

(rub forehead) Let me see if I have this straight. Knowing that keys sometimes go on sale, you and your friends decided to buy keys when they weren't on sale, and Cryptic is greedy for having a -sale-. And you -bought- -boxes-? -anybody- does that? They drop like rain from the sky if you play the game for thirty minuites! Why the hell would you spend precious dilithium on them?

And I'll reiterate what's already been said, I'm fairly certain there's not a single ship in this entire game that can't be reclaimed through a ship vendor once you've unlocked it. Specify the ship, please, or quitcher bitchin'.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Not every ship you pay zen for is reclaimable. See the voyager retrofit whatever its called...long range science vessel whatever

and the defiant retrofit...I had BOTH of those, and of course oops, deleted wrong one because I saw it was on cstore and figured as u did, "yeah, I can get them again later..."

NOT so

I want my $40 or 4000 zen back

You purchased these with the VA ship token then, not from the C-Store, so they are not reclaimable. If you purchase them in the C-Store, they are account wide unlocks that let you re-claim.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited January 2013
    heavensrun wrote: »
    Yeeeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure the only thing he's looking at is a bit of hassle and possibly a new registry number if he can't remember the old one.

For that matter, how do you accidentally delete a ship, let alone two? YOU HAVE TO TYPE THE THING'S NAME IN TO CONFIRM.

CONFIRM...Yes...But when I see a ship available in cstore, you would think that it is reclaimable. The two I mentioned are not.

I ADMITTED I made a mistake, I am not just idly complaining. It'd be nice if they admitted that they did as well. Expanding to a ship slot total that accomodates all the ships they are selling makes a lot of sense, and alleviates this issue altogether. Or make them ALL reclaimable.

before you say I made a mistake, well I ADMITTED it right off the bat. And my posting it is to actually inform anyone that MIGHT make the same mistake I have. TWICE.
    edited January 2013
    Oh, and also that they were going to get 200 dil from you in ANY way they could...So they just lowered the price per box, but made SURE they got their required amount. That too is insulting.

IT IS NOT THE MATH people are complaining about in your post...It is the greed of them to get their 200 dilithium, and their refusal to refund anyone who OVERPAID the day before.

Far as I can see that is

You're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Noone should EVER DROP A PRICE because to do so is a slap in the face to people who paid more before.

Seriously, dude, they are giving out 20 times as many boxes for that 200 dil, which means that, logically, they will only get that 200 dil 1/20th as often as they did before. I honestly hope no one's job ever depends on your economic sense.
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hate it when my supermarket puts stuff on sale. Particularly if it's something that I frequently use.

Even worse when they lower prices on stuff I buy. Hate it when they do that.

Yeah. No.

Also: I'd seriously have assumed nobody bought those things at that price, with them dropping freely and regularly, and being on the exchange for 15k a pop. I'd say this has drawn their cost-value ratio more into a proper perspective.
    edited January 2013
    CONFIRM...Yes...But when I see a ship available in cstore, you would think that it is reclaimable. The two I mentioned are not.

I ADMITTED I made a mistake, I am not just idly complaining. It'd be nice if they admitted that they did as well. Expanding to a ship slot total that accomodates all the ships they are selling makes a lot of sense, and alleviates this issue altogether. Or make them ALL reclaimable.

before you say I made a mistake, well I ADMITTED it right off the bat. And my posting it is to actually inform anyone that MIGHT make the same mistake I have. TWICE.

I can tell you right now that the defiant retrofit is reclaimable, because I have it, and I've done it. If you didn't use a VA ship token as Branflakes speculated, then I'd bug it, because that's not WAI.

(edit: Actually, the bug interface in game seems fairly useless, so I'd take it to the support forum or something, but you get my meaning)
    edited January 2013
    Enough. I used tokens to buy them I am told. Okay, I guess then I just wasted them. I still made the mistake. A shame it is still possible to do so. I guess I should be happy that I can get them from the store...For only 4000 zen.

But...If they are worth that amount, then that's the value of what I deleted...So I DID lose that implied amount, because to replace them due to my mistake, I would have to lay out that total. And since it is POSSIBLE to make the mistake, by my error in believing that all stores in cstore are reclaimable, and since I HAD said ship I figured I had bought it (with having most every ship I DO tend to forget which was acquired how,) and I deleted it. Them, there were two.

So just because you see a ship in store and you have it already, doesn't mean you can delete it. Good to know. It would be nice if there was an icon that stated such, that it isn't reclaimable.
This discussion has been closed.