test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, January 31st, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (1/31 @ 8:54AM): We're going to be extending our maintenance. A new ETA will be provided as soon as one is available. As tests are still ongoing, please check out the red text on the top of the forum.

UPDATE (1/31 @ 10:17AM): The launcher should now be accessible. We'll be completing our maintenance ASAP. We'll update you upon completion. ETA noon PST (1 hour 43 minutes).
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thank you for the Cardassian and Dominion Foundry space groups. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bloctoad wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

I love your optimism! :P

EDIT: Capt. Fiber strikes a mighty blow and saves the day! lol ;)
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When is the Gamma Orionis Defense Accolade going to be fixed? I know it's not a priority, but the other sector blocks were fixed a couple months ago except Gamma O. Many of us would like to finish this please.
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    veqlarghlI' yIbuS 'ej veqlarghwI' vIbuS.
    You pay attention to your Fek'lhr and I will pay attention to mine.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
    edited January 2013
    Out of curiosity, will the Ambassador and Kamarag be available in the Foundry?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • jimwatson87jimwatson87 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    not diggin the borg adapting to plasma fire, but love the new foundry groups
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Foundry:
    ~ Some Romulan Foundry contacts had the same name as one another; resolved this.
    ~ Added space Dominion NPC groups.
    ~ Added space Cardassian NPC groups.
    ~ Replaced a missing Romulan statue.
    ~ ~ Projects that were affected should now republish properly.
    Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!

I am currently finishing up a Foundry mission, and I was thinking, "If only they had Dominion space npcs, I would...". I cannot express how much I am happy about this addition. I know what I am doing this weekend.

:)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

:D
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The price of the Current Lock Box on the Dilithium Store has been reduced from 200 Dilithium each, to 10 Dilithium each.
    - They must now be purchased 20 at a time.

Hmm... My calculator is wondering is this is a joke or not.
    <3
  • macricanmacrican Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Really excited for the additions to the Jem Hadar space set. Can't wait for the Ambassador to come out tomorrow too! I even bought additional ship slots so I can commission her straight away and take her for a spin :)
  • jimwatson87jimwatson87 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Hmm... My calculator is wondering is this is a joke or not.

so yeah, its buy one, get 19 free.....theres the high yield lockbox torpedo
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like this one question answered by someone from the dev team or atleast someone who would know.
    Is there going to be a romulan faction soon?
    edited January 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    I would like this one question answered by someone from the dev team or atleast someone who would know.
    Is there going to be a romulan faction soon?

This was released earlier today: http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

:eek:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    atleast we can get stack of 20 lock boxes for 200 it was kind of high for 1 box at 200
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hello STO'ers!

Figured I'd pop in and shed some light on the subject... The feedback we've gotten on these new features has been helpful (despite the hostility of some of it), and we've taken some time to improve the features a bit.

Before I detail the improvements we'll be making, I'd like to remind players that we still intend for STF/Omega and Starbase/Embassy gear to be superior in scope to items that can be obtained from Missions and/or Lobi Store. It's possible that our original blog was worded in a way that could easily be misinterpreted to mean otherwise, but it was not our intent to imply that the Jem'Hadar Mk XII upgrades would end up having similar stats/bonuses/procs to Omega & Fleet gear. Our intent was, instead, simply to allow this gear to remain somewhat competitive in our more difficult end-game content. It's an upgrade, not a fundamental re-design.

With that in mind, here's a list of some of the changes to the Jem'Hadar Space Set that've been made internally, and should appear with next week's update:

- Lobi Price on Space Set upgrade reduced from 200 to 150, to match with other Set Upgrade item prices.
    - Space Shield has received more Capacity and Regen rate.
    - Space Deflector's Stealth-related bonuses have been doubled.
    - Space Engine's Weapon Power bonus has been doubled (just the static buff, not the Efficient part)
    - Dominion Synergy (2pc Bonus) has had its bonuses increased by 50%.
    - Antiproton Sweep will now disable Cloaks for longer (12sec, vs 10sec), drain more Shields per use (approx 20% increase), and recharges faster (90sec vs 120sec).
    -=-=-=-=-=-
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Systems Design
    "Play smart!"

I dont see any mention about this in the patch notes? it this coming next Thursday?
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the response pwebranflakes
    edited January 2013
    If we've got Cardassian-only space mobs, does that mean they have their own unique Dreadnought now?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This was released earlier today: http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

:eek:

Be still my beating heaert god i hope thats what i think it means if so then HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY...JOY JOY JOY :D
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Borg can now Adapt to fires? I call horrible shenanigans! And I do not approve.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey Devs, Thanks for thinking we were so stupid that THIS balls up would go un-noticed. Way to insult your users intelligence...

"The price of the Current Lock Box on the Dilithium Store has been reduced from 200 Dilithium each, to 10 Dilithium each.

They must now be purchased 20 at a time.
    "

20x10=...... Bravo... (And people wonder why I call it Pakled World...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Hey Devs, Thanks for thinking we were so stupid that THIS balls up would go un-noticed. Way to insult your users intelligence...

"The price of the Current Lock Box on the Dilithium Store has been reduced from 200 Dilithium each, to 10 Dilithium each.

"

Speaking about stupid things, this is stupid. Before, u could buy 20 boxes for 4k Dil. Now u can buy 20 boxes for 200 Dil. Please explain me why u say this is an insult?
    Bastet
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seriously, what's the problem with that?

I mean, you'd still be a Pakled to buy them for dil even now, but how is offering 20 times more boxes for the same dil price as before an insult to our intelligence?
  • issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still waiting for the fix regarding STF gear visuals. Any word to when were gonna see a fix coming out pretty please?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »

"

Given the state of your maths abilities, I don't think they'd have to try hard to insult your intelligence there mate. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Patchnotes wrote:
    * The Borg can now adapt to Plasma Fire applied by Plasma procs and Plasma grenades.
    Adapting to FIRE? Really, Cryptic? Whether the fuel is plasma, wood, propane, or some other petroleum, fire is fire. How can the Borg adapt to fire? :confused:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Adapting to FIRE? Really, Cryptic? Whether the fuel is plasma, wood, propane, or some other petroleum, fire is fire. How can the Borg adapt to fire? :confused:

Next they will be able to adapt to fire and death! :rolleyes:
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oooh. Dominion. That means.... I'm going to be able to change the villains of my next story. Sweet.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • bastet111bastet111 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dear STO,

I would just like to bring to your attention that, while I understand the necessity of weekly updates, and since this is a Globally played game, it will always affect someone - when you proceed to update the game more than once in a week, it becomes extremely frustrating on behalf of the players who are interrupted.

Case in point:
    The servers were taken down Monday from 7-9 PST to remove Q from the Starbase, which is *right* in the middle of my peak playtime, being a Grave-shift worker in the US. This pretty much shoots my play-time to pieces, since when I get home, it gives me about 1 hour to do my game maintenance (or "chores"), and then after update, I get about double that to play clean-up from said chores previously.

Once a week is totally understandable - even WoW does a weekly server downtime and theirs is usually for longer.

However, to then proceed to take the servers down *again* in the same week is, for lack of a better term, extremely tooth-grating frustrating.

I humbly submit a request asking you to *please, please, please* consider either A.) timing events to coincide with weekly resets, thus, the server only needs to go down once per week, or B.) Find a more seemless way of ending key-timed events without the need to take down the server.

Sincerely & Regards
This discussion has been closed.