Install Arc
Options

Crazy things to do on STO

2»

Comments

• Options
    cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Most fleet starbases are swarming with tribbles since nobody bothers telling the guy by the bar to get rid of them anymore. As you run through them, they bounce along like soccer balls. The trick is controlling which way they go.
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All I ever do is grind and worry about the future.

A couple of days ago I just discovered what the Shard of Possibilities actually does.

I got the strength to literally grind 2 days worth of dilithium in a matter of hours.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Almost everything on here would have gotten an NCSoft GM to warn or even suspend you for "creating artificial situations". I love that PWE lets us play.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Almost everything on here would have gotten an NCSoft GM to warn or even suspend you for "creating artificial situations". I love that PWE lets us play.

Well....with all due respect, the players here do pay quite a bit more money toward this game than most I've ever seen TBQH.....PWE should be lax with the hammer to a point IMO.

But...what the heck is 'creating an artificial situation'? Haven't heard of that one before.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I go to zone 2 ESD, where Q sits off his chair. I sit in his seat, and make people worship me.:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I go to Ker'rat. :D
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm going through all the Foundry missions I can find that don't involve me shooting inert Borg Cubes.

CRAZY!
    <3
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    trellabor wrote: »
    But...what the heck is 'creating an artificial situation'? Haven't heard of that one before.

Crazy NCSoft logic that I interpret as "EHRMAGERD MY IMMERSHERHN"

Such as, flying around just too high for NPCs to thank you and saving them, so you gathered a crowd of NPCs, then train them around through town like a little entourage. That would get you warned.

Because, you know, in the real world flash mobs never do weird things. :rolleyes:
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    hellroarerhellroarer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

Besides, aren't all situations in a freakin' video game (MMO or otherwise) artificial?
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In in effort to get a social party going we are having a Mirror Universe party from 10:00pm to midnight central time at Drozan Station so dress up like your Mirror Universe brother, and stop on by. Toons will be judged but the points wont matter because no prizes will be handed out.

That Friday Feb. 1 Drozan Station 10:00pm to midnight central time.

Thanks
  • Options
    jmanwinjmanwin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cdnhawk wrote: »
    Most fleet starbases are swarming with tribbles since nobody bothers telling the guy by the bar to get rid of them anymore. As you run through them, they bounce along like soccer balls. The trick is controlling which way they go.

We tried to organize a fleet tribble football game when that starbase project first came out, but it was a total failure because no two people saw the same tribbles. Meaning the tribble you're kicking on your screen doesn't exist on their screen, and vice versa. Has that quirk been removed in the time since? We were really bummed out that a group game was impossible.
  • Options
    ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Our fleet played hide and seek on our Starbase.
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hellroarer wrote: »
    Besides, aren't all situations in a freakin' video game (MMO or otherwise) artificial?

STO ISN'T REAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

I don't know if I can go on with my life...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    deianirrahdeianirrah Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    - Had some fleetmates starting the same dance emote at the same time whilst standing around in a group and next to each other on DS9 (pre-Season 7). Not that much later, we were around 20 to 25 people (with some joining and departing). Reminds me of Star Wars Galaxies and the group dances or the Cantina Crawls... oh, we were performers then!

- playing choo-choo-train by gliding around ESD or DS9 whilst crouched and waving hands - with one following the other in a long line

Taskforce 47 Falkenwacht (Federation) / Greifenreiter (KDF)
    (at) deianirrah
    Free Gear and where to get it
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A Klingon with a Tribble? You are an enemy of the empire. Your lands will be seized, you shall be stripped of your honor and titles, and sentenced to clean up the poo in J'mpok's targ pit until you die.

At one point several of my fellow fleet members all found ourselves in DS9's bank/exchange room at the same time and started dancing. We began spawning pets, quantum mortars, lobbing cryo grenades, party poppers, having a good old time. Other fleet members heard about it on fleet chat and came over. Then random people started joining in.

Once while trying to get an STF team together the four of us who had already joined found ourselves all by ESD's tailor and vendors. I proceeded to lie on the floor and start spinning in circles.

Attempting to climb the scenery is always fun. Played king of the hill on K7's bank console with some guy once. Also had fun watching someone try to figure out how somebody else had climbed the outer wall in ESD's exchange.

Climbing consoles to teabag friends and fleeties who happen to be using them (wouldn't do that to random people).
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like to beam outside ESD and run on the rainbows of the giant Simon game. :cool::cool:
    GwaoHAD.png