test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crazy things to do on STO

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
Everyone gets bored sometimes doing the daily routine of STF and Grinding.

What crazy stuff have you folks done to amuse yourself.

I've been known to:
- Dance on tables
- Challenge people to push-ups contests
- Planking
- Run SB 24 armed with only torpedoes and mines

What is your cure for STO boredom.
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    After too many twinks other games.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Run in a circle in ESD till I realize I'm doing it out of boredom. lol
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    questerius wrote: »

I run everything with only torpedoes. Transphasics and Sci Abilities are indifferent to your shields.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mcconna wrote: »
    Run in a circle in ESD till I realize I'm doing it out of boredom. lol

Put on frozen boots and do an obstacle race. Nice idea.

Snowball fights are another option, but after visiting Drozana Station i know that can become annoying.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Everyone gets bored sometimes doing the daily routine of STF and Grinding.

I've been known to:
    - Dance on tables
    - Challenge people to push-ups contests
    - Planking

What is your cure for STO boredom.

I log off and do something else.
    Climb the scenery. Nothing is more fun than lobbing tribbles down on people who have no idea where you're standing. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tribble soccer at Fleet Starbase.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I complain on the forums about <insert obligatory greed/bugs/this game needs moar cowbell comment>.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Jump everywhere I go.

Remove all shields and armor from my ship, and all but one weapon, and challenge someone ten levels lower to a duel.

Climbing is always fun to do.

Take screenshots of the really really bad costumes people sometimes wear, and share them with my fleet for laughs.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Er...um...er...um...

It's pretty easy to take first place with torps/mines. Even easier than FAW spam.
  • g7pkj001g7pkj001 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lap dancing the admiral
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Go into ESD Zone chat and Quote Random movies.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Play the game. Crazy, I know.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sometimes, mostly when the new lockboxes are introduced, I go play another game for a while because the servers are filled with non federation ships that break Star Trek immersion!

Crazy......
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• rocknrobot1rocknrobot1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hide in a bush at SFA (next to the entrance where you do path to 2409) and shoot with your party popper. Some peoples' reactions to that are quite hilarious. :P

Relax at Risa beach, with your space suit on.

Lay down on the ground at ESD or SFA and do the "DABO!" emote when someone walks by.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Expect Cryptic to value any player contribution whatsoever, like with Foundry missions.

CRAZY
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited January 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Expect Cryptic to value any player contribution whatsoever, like with Foundry missions.

CRAZY

Grumpy old man impersonations.. got it. :P
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1 - log on the forums
    2 - see complaint threads about not op enough stuff/Op NPCs/"mission x is too hard"
    3 - try to convince them that the problem exists between chair and keyboard (basically tell people that their problem has a solution outside changing the whole game to fit it for themselves)
    4 - get insulted
    5 - profit :D

In game, some of my crazy and especially stupid challenges include to solo endgame content whenever i get a chance to do so, and i'm rather successfull until now. Of course it's a pure waste of thime.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tac in a Vo'quv? They never expect GDF... not that they notice, but they never expect it!
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Being morphed by Q (when he shows up at ESD/Kronos), use my party gun and then run a long ESD scaring the TRIBBLE out of newbies . :D
    DUwNP.gif

• nx420nx420 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Grind and boredom are parents of griefing! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I climb the scenery and ambush unwary players with my shard of possibilities, they run past me not seeing me and suddenly 2 dwarf alien toon clones appear and chase them. Hehehe.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
    edited January 2013
    g7pkj001 wrote: »
    lap dancing the admiral

I would, but i don't want to give him the wrong impression. ;)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I dust off my NX and hunt me some D'deridex warbirds. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited January 2013
    I climb the scenery and ambush unwary players with my shard of possibilities, they run past me not seeing me and suddenly 2 dwarf alien toon clones appear and chase them. Hehehe.

Have you tried dancing with your shard spawns? Guaranteed to draw a crowd.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Have you tried dancing with your shard spawns? Guaranteed to draw a crowd.

I have. Even better, it was with my Borg who names her ships after the Choctaw words for snakes. The Shard Doubles appeared doing the Snake Dance.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I actually break down and play a story mission.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Load up my Andorian captain's costume that looks like a terribly gaudy bathrobe with fuzzy slippers and run around in ESD or SFA. Especially funny when uber serious rp'ers with perfectly matching official uniforms are around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A bunch of us formed a starship conga line around ESD about a week ago. One guy up front, and everyone clicked "follow" on the guy ahead of him. Fire off Extendshields at the ship in front of you, set off fireworks at random intervals. The conga line got over 50 ships at one point, then the leader started making tight turns and a few of us in Ody's couldn't keep up. I was giggling like an idiot the whole time.

Other fun things to do:
    - tribble soccer at fleet starbase (done that one too)
    - take a T1 Connie to an STF (got a lot of grief for that one, but we still got the optional - mind you I did have my full Mark XI Borg set on it, plus the retro blue phasers and a tricobalt device up front)
    - stand in the transporter room at ESD and blow everyone kisses as they materialize
    - flash mob planking at Starfleet Academy (it's harder than you think to get 30 toons lined up exactly right)
    - have Q transform you into an Undine and "raise the roof" at the bar on ESD
    - duelling fleet mates in T5 ships with Mk XI and up consoles, engine, deflector, shields, but Mk II green weapons (one fight between two Ody's took over 3 hours and came down to captain and boff abilities)
    edited January 2013
    Tribble socker... just how do you do that? Is it a fleet upgrade or something?