test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 28, 2013)

13»

Comments

• captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is this patch why I'm getting an 'unable to establish connection to patch server' message? I really hope so, 'cos otherwise I'll have try and fix it with my total lack of computer knowledge... s'just it doesn't normally cause problems like this. :/
  • starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is correct and the reason for today's patch :) It fixes the exploit that allowed players to be griefed by confused NPCs. W're also conducting maintenance since we're bringing the server down, and the other fix happened to be ready so was included in the patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yay! I was correct! What do I win??? :D
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is correct and the reason for today's patch :) It fixes the exploit that allowed players to be griefed by confused NPCs. W're also conducting maintenance since we're bringing the server down, and the other fix happened to be ready so was included in the patch.
    This is excellent news. Thank You!
    Is this patch why I'm getting an 'unable to establish connection to patch server' message?
    I'm getting the same error message, so you're not alone.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • captain185captain185 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They should give us two more hours of Q for this. We should not be penalized for their scheduled maintenance.:cool:
    So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
  • starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just hope I can get in an buy a couple keys while still on sale.
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Patch Notes:
    **Changed all tool-tips over to British Spelling for that extra bit of colourful humour.

If only if were true. :P
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    captain185 wrote: »
    They should give us two more hours of Q for this. We should not be penalized for their scheduled maintenance.:cool:

I agree! I was logging in to get a few last runs in with the double XP, but I also received the patcher error.

And, didn't they just have a 4 hour maintenance last week?
  • captinchris333captinchris333 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could you please change the time of patch work i need to go on at certen times and the patchwork is at a bad time for me because you always have it on 3pm to 5pm normaly in the UK and that is bad for me as i go on around that time
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could you please change the time of patch work i need to go on at certen times and the patchwork is at a bad time for me because you always have it on 3pm to 5pm normaly in the UK and that is bad for me as i go on around that time

Could you please change the certen times you need to go on and the patchwork is at the time of patch work for everyone because they always have it at the best time to have it, who cares where in the world you are.. this is a global game and changing it to any other time would be bad for other people. It's not all about you.
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    milestfox wrote: »
    Could you please change the certen times you need to go on and the patchwork is at the time of patch work for everyone because they always have it at the best time to have it, who cares where in the world you are.. this is a global game and changing it to any other time would be bad for other people. It's not all about you.

I was waiting for such a reply as this. ^^
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

If you are experiencing an issue with the launcher, please see this post and reply if you can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oww, it physically hurt to bring my typing level down to that..
  • archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    This is excellent news. Thank You!

I'm getting the same error message, so you're not alone.
    same here so when will the patch lanchuer work again?
    :confused:
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A Monday patch? Fascinating.

Why no release notes? Is it just maintenance only?

The new Release Motes Page are there But it Dated wrong as 2 January 24

Developers please Fix Release notes Page to January 28
  • justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Wow...

9PM on a Sunday night...

You gettin' paid over-time for this BranFlakes???

If not you're getting 'a cylindrical metal rod with a helix inscribed channel spiraling around it.'
    :P

Nope he caps out at 8k Dilithium per day just like the rest of us no overtime.....;)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Maintenance is now complete :) If you are still experiencing an issue with the launcher, please see this post and reply if you can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.