test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 28, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Monday, January 28th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A Monday patch? Fascinating.

Why no release notes? Is it just maintenance only?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Patch notes on the day that the patching is happening at 7am ?
    Interesting.
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Prob to make the changes to the Jem XII space set, refund the Lobi for the people that already purchased it. and to Nurf the Grinder missions in the Foundry. And to Fix the AI for the Dreadnought pets
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anniversary event kick off ???
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Probably the nerfs to the game that HippieJohn and friends wanted.

Edit: Tomorrow's patch has nothing to do with the Foundry. -Brandon
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You are all wrong.

So very very wrong.

They are increasing the lockbox drop-rate. It's currently set too low and people are actually HAPPY with the game.

:cool:
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A Monday patch? Fascinating.

Why no release notes? Is it just maintenance only?
    Patch notes will be posted tomorrow,
    Did you not read the post?

Still... this is interesting.
  • kaelgorkaelgor Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They might also be fixing the Dominion DOFF confuse bug with this patch. Hope its fixed soon, or tomorrow.
    edited January 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    Did you not read the post?

Still... this is interesting.

Odd ... I could swear that was not in the OP when I first read it. :eek:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited January 2013
    I can whomp up a round of sarcastic patch notes like I did last wee... :D
    edited January 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    I can whomp up a round of sarcastic patch notes like I did last wee... :D

Go for it. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Odd ... I could swear that was not in the OP when I first read it. :eek:

Remember your psycotic.... :D
    Are we there yet?
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :eek:

*starts jumping up and down*
    signwidrona.png
    edited January 2013
    Patch Notes:

**Changed one line of code, broke 14 things. Attempted to repair those things, ended up accidentally nerfing all science abilities. Tried to fix that, made cruisers even more useless. I officially give up and resign as programmer.

**Detected unusually high levels of customer satisfaction and alarmingly low Zen-Key sales... buffed lockbox drop-rates. Borg ships will now fire High Yield Lockbox Torpedos that fill player inventories with stacks of 250 lockboxes per hit.

**Buffed purpleness of Jem'Hadar space gear by 22%.

**Disabled Borg Plasma Torpedo in favor of Lockbox Torpedo (see above). Set random timer that causes one ship to explode at random every 47.2 seconds.

**Installed grammar-checker and spell-checker in Foundry.

**Changed all tool-tips over to British Spelling for that extra bit of colourful humour.

**Decreased Romulan FE cutscene frame-rate by 33% and adjusted texture positions. This will address concerns that The 2800 FE cutscenes are of lesser quality.

**Had time left over, adjusted font kerning again.

**Banned themarie from the forum and permamuted her in game, for great justice.
  • theboilermantheboilerman Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Patch Notes:

Yes!!! It's about freaking time!
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    everyone is just quessing on the patch. But I have yet to get a single Dom lock box yet on a drop. kind of funny. This is prob to fix the security killing people at ESD.
    edited January 2013
    Patch Notes:

**Changed one line of code, broke 14 things. Attempted to repair those things, ended up accidentally nerfing all science abilities. Tried to fix that, made cruisers even more useless. I officially give up and resign as programmer.

**Detected unusually high levels of customer satisfaction and alarmingly low Zen-Key sales... buffed lockbox drop-rates. Borg ships will now fire High Yield Lockbox Torpedos that fill player inventories with stacks of 250 lockboxes per hit.

**Disabled Borg Plasma Torpedo in favor of Lockbox Torpedo (see above). Set random timer that causes one ship to explode at random every 47.2 seconds.

**Changed all tool-tips over to British Spelling for that extra bit of colourful humour.

**Decreased Romulan FE cutscene frame-rate by 33% and adjusted texture positions. This will address concerns that The 2800 FE cutscenes are of lesser quality.

Where do you come up with this stuff? :eek:

I'd actually love a spell-checker in the Foundry. And a High Yield Lockbox Torpedo would be awesome to use in PvP. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jam062307 wrote: »
    Anniversary event kick off ???

Anniversary event isn't until Thursday AFAIK.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Patch Notes:

Patch Notes Addendum: **Wrote patch notes January 28, 2013.
    signwidrona.png
    edited January 2013
    Where do you come up with this stuff? :eek:

I'd actually love a spell-checker in the Foundry. And a High Yield Lockbox Torpedo would be awesome to use in PvP. :D

Its not hard, I've worked in technical positions all my life, and I've got the gift they call "lightening wit." One hilarious flash and I've ruined everything... That's why they won't let me work directly with the customers anymore. :D
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Opened up my Dread Carrier on the same toon with the JHAS because of the JHAS pet and the additional stuff for JHAS.

JHAS pet is slow and weak....

JHAS skin is... PURPLE.

If I knew that was the total benefit of having Carrier on same toon as JHAS then I would have put it on a different toon.... Just not likely to use it alot on a TAC Captain (too slow).
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If I had to guess, the Neural Neutralizer power and an associated doff which buffs it in an unintended way will be receiving a minor emergency change.
  • jimwatson87jimwatson87 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Patch Notes:

will this torpedo be available for tier 5 of task force omega rep system? :D
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I figure they'll be turning off the key sale that is scheduled to end tomorrow...
    edited January 2013
    will this torpedo be available for tier 5 of task force omega rep system? :D

Yes and they'll release a Ferengi DOFF named "Greedo" to buff it too.
  • tdawg65tdawg65 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah let's see how this fraks the game up even more. Still can't do the PVE Queues since season 7 came out. YAYYYY CRYPTIC!!!!!
  • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes while your doing your update make sure to change the silence bans to where you can still chat with your fleet and team , people on server have been making fasle reports of spamming and that enturn violates TOS and also violates our freedom of speech so i highly sugjest you make it top priority to correct this because of thoe facts alone, we know newbs love to stir up trouble but i am a paying customer just like alot of other players on the server, now please get this corrected in the update tommorow
  • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tdawg65 wrote: »
    Yeah let's see how this fraks the game up even more. Still can't do the PVE Queues since season 7 came out. YAYYYY CRYPTIC!!!!!

yo man i had alot of problems with the game , make sure your install files for STO is a full 4.9 gb of data if it is not that would be why, just simply uninstall and then reinstall the game
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Patch notes are now available: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=528631 -- the OP has been updated.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Brandon:

-Does this patch also include the improvements to set bonuses borticus mentioned in the thread in General Feedback?

-And, any word on the 50 lobi for those of us (Myself included) who bought it at the 200 price?

Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.