test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would you like added to your Fleet Starbase?

2»

Comments

• Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »
    Don't you mean Morn running around about to scream out 'We're all doomed!' then something knocking him out? :D

He did in fact yell that after Quark went on a rant about how the Dominion was coming to retake DS9. Just before knocking big-ears and running naked into the Bajoran temple. It just wasn't shown on screen.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I really like a lot of these ideas. Besides an exchange console, I'd like to see a library or main Starbase computer to do the History 101 missions.

But mainly, I'd like to see the things that we already have be more worthwhile.

-Contraband turn-in Security Officer - take the "old" 3 contraband for 2000 dilithium, instead of 5
    -Personnel Officer - free General Recruitment and 5-lower-rarity-for-1-higher-rarity exchange missions
    -Bartender - able to replicate all beverages, rather than the same you have on your ship; offer unique expanded DOff assignments
    -Chef - able to replicate all food, rather than the minimum you have on your ship; offer unique expanded DOff assignments
    -Bridge Officer Trainer - able to train skills that only captains can currently train.
    Etc, Etc, Etc

imho, The existing upgrades should offer something unique and worthwhile that is proportional with the massive amount of resources required to acquire them.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My absolutely #1 most wanted feature is a tab in the Holdings UI that lets fleet members with the appropriate level of permissions to persistently turn off special features!!!

For example, our fleet completed the special Winter Holiday project. Now we've got this Breen ship hologram cluttering up the Operations deck. It was fun for about a minute, and then I had an overpowering desire to turn it off.

True, you can toggle it off. But it doesn't stay off. I'd like to be able to turn it off and leave it off except for the holidays.

I'm pretty sure there are other projects that fleets would like to have some of the time, but not all of the time. The tribbles. The dance floor. The security guards. Or to disable a cosmetic project that the fleet has decided was a mistake to complete.

This would make me, and probably a lot of fleets, very happy. I don't expect this to be a front-burner kind of item, but I do think it will be more and more important as Cryptic adds new Fleet Holdings.

Devs, please consider building this functionality in when you add the next Fleet Holding, and retrofit the existing holdings to use it.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2013
    He did in fact yell that after Quark went on a rant about how the Dominion was coming to retake DS9. Just before knocking big-ears and running naked into the Bajoran temple. It just wasn't shown on screen.

Wasn't on screen, therefore it didn't happen :P

Morn is still the strong, silent type :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know none of this stuff will happen, the SB was poorly thought through and this is the result, fixing it won't bring in more money.. or at least in cryptic's eyes.

The SB needs to not be cheaply instanced, players have poured more than enough money into this thing and deserve a proper, somewhat customized starbase in the least.

The exchange is needed, the one in the embassy doesn't make up for it.

The holodeck is a shame, its empty, and unused. At least have selectable scenes, or instanced/transport to missions. It must be functional

Ops has had millions upon millions of dilithium put into it for decorations, what about the other 3 levels?

I'd like to see crew quarters, something custom, since our ship interiors got left to rot.

Something I never understood, why is Ops ops? Ops means operations, the ops level of the starbase has a chef, bartender, holodeck, but nothing to do with actual station operations. This really should be fixed

Interaction with starbase facilities would be nice. We have an industrial replicator we sent a fortune on, it doesn't do much replication if you ask me. How about the shipyard healing injuries? The communications satellite as a mail terminal?

Reputation projects require a nasty amount of resource stacks, why not make them convenient to purchase them on a starbase? Regenerators, hypos, shield charges
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The starbase our fleets have poured so many resources into ought to be more than cosmetic, the way it is now. The commendation reports where you get fleet marks is a good start, but the SB needs more missions like that.
    *Someone suggested being able to turn the cannibal tribble loose and let it make carcasses if you have the tribble mission activated on the base. Make it a doff mission that requires 3x Cannibal Tribbles and a couple of officers as handlers, that rewards x number of carcasses. I approve this message.
    *Exchange console on the base. Ditto.
    *In fact give us moar unique doff missions that can only be found on a fleet starbase!
    *Crafting as it is right now is pointless, as you frequently get better things as drops than you are able to make at Memory Alpha. Give us a crafting station where we can upgrade existing equipment, like an better chance of getting rare Mk XII gear out of the powered alien artifact, or modify Mk XI to Mk XII gear, or blue to purple.
    *Only 5 Fleet Marks for the Officer of the Watch mission? Really? That's insulting.
    *Use our base holodeck to rerun missions.
    *Defend the Base missions, both ground and space, like DS9 already has.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just generally reasons to actually be there, besides buying fleet weapons/ships.

That's what I want, some reason to go there. That's always been the single biggest problem in MMO's with player or guild housing. As nice as having such things is, they are nothing more then social hubs.

CoH which had a great system for this, was still used for little more then a teleporter pad.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kagasensei wrote: »
    As I have said many times before:

What the fleet starbases (and embassies) need, is a seperate server instance, just like every other social hub! Fleet holdings completely fail as social zones as long as their instances get closed everytime the player logs out (and then reappears at his last location before entering the fleet system)!!!

This
    bluegeek wrote: »
    My absolutely #1 most wanted feature is a tab in the Holdings UI that lets fleet members with the appropriate level of permissions to persistently turn off special features!!!

And this...

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    theofficialmip#7339 theofficialmip Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It needs to be more then just a place to pick up items!

It needs be a place that actually draws fleetmates closer to together to get stuff done.
    One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 16000+ Accolades [Fed Tac FA] + Several More
    Forum Member Since Feb 2010
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »

For example, our fleet completed the special Winter Holiday project. Now we've got this Breen ship hologram cluttering up the Operations deck. It was fun for about a minute, and then I had an overpowering desire to turn it off.

True, you can toggle it off. But it doesn't stay off. I'd like to be able to turn it off and leave it off except for the holidays.

I'm pretty sure there are other projects that fleets would like to have some of the time, but not all of the time. The tribbles. The dance floor. The security guards. Or to disable a cosmetic project that the fleet has decided was a mistake to complete.

This would make me, and probably a lot of fleets, very happy. I don't expect this to be a front-burner kind of item, but I do think it will be more and more important as Cryptic adds new Fleet Holdings.

Devs, please consider building this functionality in when you add the next Fleet Holding, and retrofit the existing holdings to use it.

The reason for this issue is very simple. As I've already posted here, the main problem of the fleet bases is that their instances are closed down after the player leaves. Therefore, all settings are reset, the player will spawn at his/her location BEFORE entering the base, and even the base of the biggest fleet is thereby rendered permanently deserted.

As long as Cryptic is not willing to devote more server resources in order to keep the fleet starbase instances up, nothing can change.
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    what i would like to see and do

be allow to Train the fleet Bridge officer trainer
    with certain abilities that arent listen at the Boff trainer in ESD/Qo'nos.

getting tired of hunting down certain abilities thats hard to find.
    and photonic officer 3 cant be found anywhere except from the
    photonic sci. officer.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A real engineering department. I have a hard time beleiving they are run by Warp Core.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Different Starbase designs/style depending on your characters affiliation and not just interiors. (ie: K7, Regula 1/Starbase 375 or even choose to have the base on the surface of a planet).
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • Options
    jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Fleet Crew Quarters for each member that can be customized. With a little sign giving their name above their door.

And possibly moving your star base to a different area of the maps. So that you can have a more unique star base experience then the entire game rushing to the same place.

Jim
  • Options
    glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    One simple answer to cover many possibilities:

A good reason to go there, other than just to buy stuff.
  • Options
    ghqcommandghqcommand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A console that members can access and send tweets from. Fleet can add their own Twitter account and Cryptic could limit its use to once per day and allow it to be increased (but staggered to prevent sudden spamming).
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    A wall that displays Fleet Founders whom I consider to be those in the highest rank plus the top 5 players on the leader-boards.

So it would be a mug short of their character in tribute style.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I really want to open our Starbase to the public or at least create a VIP list and I would love Starbases to have a vendor that sells items unique to that vendor.

The idea being to get some traffic flowing to these bases which also helps to promote them, promote good fleets and make use of the Starbase maps.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    My fleet ran an event in which we created the biggest gathering on a fleet starbase to this date with evidence. We had 15 of our own members and about 20 none members visiting.

We gave away millions worth of EC and items including fleet modules, powered artifacts, cadre for both factions, lock box keys. The list goes on.

I would like a multi-purpose NPC near the dance floor.
    1. Fleets could add items to a special tab in the bank which visitors can be giving for free during a schedule event
    2. Temporary party poppers could be issues, which cannot be taking away from the Starbase. This could happen during the games own events or fleets could spend provisions on activating the ability during a scheduled event
    3. The NPC itself could be an entertainer of some sort
    4. Fleet members and visitors could access information about Starbase events from this NPC

I think the list could go on.

This idea is really pushing it I know but our event was a big success. Players commented how they really enjoyed the overall buzz. I handled the invitations to our Starbase which were not blind. Every invite sent was on request from advertising our event and players wanting to attend. No one turned up then left, they all stayed.

So there is something in this to be considered for sure.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    When Q shows up on ESD, how about a mini-Q on our Starbase. I would expect such an ability to be unlocked with a project, not every event though just a one time unlock.

It could start with just changing us into other species and he could be placed near the dance floor.

Then functionality related to events could come. Getting to winter wonderland would be great.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm in the process of ranking up a new character by playing the episodes from start to finish for the first time in over a year.

I find it a little boring, going into the same office and still having to pick up a ship I do not need as part of the process. Also ESD is very busy while our Starbases could do with being a touch busier.

Could we possibly get an optional promotion method?

I would really like to visit my own Starbase for rank and setup my next ship on my base.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kagasensei wrote: »
    The reason for this issue is very simple. As I've already posted here, the main problem of the fleet bases is that their instances are closed down after the player leaves. Therefore, all settings are reset, the player will spawn at his/her location BEFORE entering the base, and even the base of the biggest fleet is thereby rendered permanently deserted.

As long as Cryptic is not willing to devote more server resources in order to keep the fleet starbase instances up, nothing can change.
    All instances close when empty. Otherwise you'd see lots of 0 player instances everywhere. It would be stupid to devote server resources to running empty maps. I don't know how hard it would be to implement a way to save the state of the Breen ship hologram and other such items, but they're surely not going to keep every starbase instance running all the time just for that.

Players spawn at their previous location because of some parameter in the map. Fleet bases behave like mission maps in that regard, rather than social maps.

And bases are permanently deserted because there's nothing to do there beyond picking up CXP to fleet marks conversion assignments or fleet equipment. All the other features are copy-pasted from other locations.
  • Options
    raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'd love to see the ability to see the fleet logo outside, and inside the starbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • Options
    buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A tribble killer.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    right now, all i want is to "log out" or do a match and come back to the starbase rather than Eta Erandi
    Should I start posting again after all this time?