test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Share your Character Bio/Background

cdrgadleycdrgadley Member Posts: 145 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Ten Forward
Project Vitality was a Federation and Section 31 joint project with the sole purpose of creating "super-soldiers".

The project enabled scientists to use an updated DNA Augmentation process to genetically engineer subjects to give them heightened abilities, making them stronger and faster than normal.

The project was shut down when two of the first three subjects died from neural breakdown. The only successful subject of the project was David Gadley.

With the failure of the augmentation process on multiple subjects, the project lost all funding and backing from the Federation and David Gadley decided to enlist in Starfleet Academy.

Despite not getting the "army of soldiers" that they wanted out of the project, Admiral Quinn believed that the one successful subject was worth backing.

Admiral Quinn proposed the idea of giving David Gadley the command of a new prototype starship and an elite squad to be the Federation's "secret weapon". A ship and crew focused on Special Tactics and Reconnaissance.

The Federation officials who knew about the project agreed to revive it for this new "second phase" once the subject completed training at Starfleet Academy.

David Gadley completed his Starfleet training and was given command of the prototype starship U.S.S. Nexus.

Comments

• Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My namesake character is an immortal Human (as in Highlanderverse) born on Caladan (Dune reference) the son of a Federation weapons designer, and raised on Vulcan. During his time at the Academy, while investigating his father's murder, he goes AWOL and comes into contact with the head of Starfleet Intelligence, and his continuation at the Academy is conditional upon him becoming an intelligence operative. Upon graduation, he serves aboard the USS Pegasus, designing the phasing cloak, and following its catastrophic failure, is officially cashiered from Starfleet, only to become a full-time intelligence operative assigned to Bajor to monitor the Cardassian occupation. Upon recall to the Federation, he serves as a designer and test pilot, being killed during a flight test, which causes him to revive as an Immortal. After conducting the shakedown cruise of the USS Akira, he is promoted to Captain and given command of the vessel. He is later re-assigned to the Sovereign-Class USS Endeavour, eventually being promoted to Fleet Captain following a particularly harrowing diplomatic mission. After the murder of his mentor, he is promoted to the rank of Admiral, and made the head of Starfleet Intelligence.

[edit to add]
    The middle initial 'D' is for Darien, named for Darien Lambert, lead character in a series called Time Trax.

Then STO happened and the timeline jumped forwards 30 years... So I retired that character... My new Captain was originally the above officer's Executive Assistant during his time as a Fleet Captain, who has worked her way through the ranks to now command the Nova-Class USS Valkyrie. I haven't really fleshed her background out much yet, other than she was nearly expelled from the Academy during her Senior year due to disciplinary issues arising following her Midshipman cruise and an inability to revert to simulations and classwork, but was mentored by the Fleet Captain and made an Acting Ensign as a last chance assignment. She is from Nevada, and likes spicy food and Pepsi... She has taken part in several first contact missions, and during one such mission, was tattooed in the traditional (Stone Age) manner on her upper-left arm.
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2013
    Here is a link to my background. Be warned, it is a work-in-progress and is likely to be a work-in-progress for quite some time yet.

Edit: Removed the link as it is out of date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »
    Here is a link to my background. Be warned, it is a work-in-progress and is likely to be a work-in-progress for quite some time yet.

The Empty Shell

Just copy and paste your bio here.

You need to be registered to that site to view your background.
    edited January 2013
    cdrgadley wrote: »
    Just copy and paste your bio here.

You need to be registered to that site to view your background.

Really? I thought you could read it unregistered. It's too long to just post here I'm afraid. That's why it has it's own thread on our fleet forums, lol.

Edit: It's handy being a forum admin, lol...

You should be able to view it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »
    Really? I thought you could read it unregistered. It's too long to just post here I'm afraid. That's why it has it's own thread on our fleet forums, lol.

That's a shame.
    edited January 2013
    This is a slightly updated and proofread version of the biography of my first STO character, Vice Admiral T'Phira:
    T'Phira is currently the Vice Admiral in charge of the Logistical Division of Ragnarok fleet. Ragnarok is responsible for experimental technology evaluation and development.

Born as an orphan on a Federation colony, T'Phira developed a habit of speaking with a layer of snarkiness over the usual Vulcan demeanor. This was her way to cope with the various alien species and their different cultures while growing up and continues throughout her career in Starfleet.

Her first command is the U.S.S. Minovsky, a Miranda-class starship as part of Ragnarok Fleet. The Minovsky saw action against the Doomsday Device during the Klingon War. As a result of the damage, T'Phira changed her command to the U.S.S. Valley Forge, a Constitution Refit-class starship. The Valley Forge was involved with the Guardian of Forever and in restoring the timeline.

As events unfold near the Romulan Neutral Zone, T'Phira was given command of the Modified Cheyenne-class starship, U.S.S. Tiger's Claw and ordered to investigate. Incidents in Romulan Space would push the Tiger's Claw to its very limits but the ship emerged victorious. T'Phira was then ordered to Cardassian space as captain of the Galaxy-class starship, U.S.S. Lucifer's Fury. The Lucifer's Fury would find itself confronting the True Way and their supporters.

With the Borg and Undine on the move, T'Phira was deployed in command of the Sovereign-class U.S.S. Athena's Wrath as part of an allied effort. At one point, the Athena's Wrath was recalled from the front lines to deal with the Breen Invasion of Deferi Space. Successful, the Athena's Wrath returned to help with confronting the Undine.

Recently, T'Phira went to Earth to receive the new Odyssey-class, U.S.S. Freyja?s Anger. This ship would be her flagship during the return of temporally displaced Dominion forces. Afterwards, T?Phira briefly commanded the Excelsior Refit-class U.S.S. Minerva?s Fire and the Chimera-class Heavy Destroyer U.S.S. Aphrodite?s Flames, while the Freyja?s Anger underwent repairs and upgrades in drydock.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cdrgadley wrote: »
    Project Vitality was a Federation and Section 31 joint project with the sole purpose of creating "super-soldiers".

The project enabled scientists to use an updated DNA Augmentation process to genetically engineer subjects to give them heightened abilities, making them stronger and faster than normal.

The project was shut down when two of the first three subjects died from neural breakdown. The only successful subject of the project was David Gadley.

With the failure of the augmentation process on multiple subjects, the project lost all funding and backing from the Federation and Section 31.

Despite not getting the "army of soldiers" that they wanted out of the project, Admiral Quinn believed that the one successful subject was worth backing.

Admiral Quinn proposed the idea of giving David Gadley the command of a new prototype starship and an elite squad to be the Federation's "secret weapon". A ship and crew focused on special operations.

The Federation officials who knew about the project agreed to revive it for this new "second phase" once the subject completed training at Starfleet Academy.

David Gadley completed his Starfleet training and was given command of the prototype starship U.S.S. Nexus.

To: OP

I actually liked reading this background.

Yes, it's against Federation ethics to conduct genetic manipulation, yes, people have had serious penalties for being discovered being modified in such manner (Dr. Bashir of DS9), but in times of war dire straits call for desperate measures and S31 would not be beyond having such ideas to create their own special forces of augmented humans. They would be a great advantage in h2h combat with physically superior alien races, and do things that no unaugmented humans could do.

My take on this is that while DNA manipulation is a big no-no in the Federation, there have been much less disagreement with the subject of cybernetic enhancements. As powerful as 23-24th Century handheld tools and weapons are, imagine how much more effective they would be if they were to be integrated into a humanoid body and controlled via nervous impulses.

A human augmented in such a form in an advanced fashion will very much resemble a Deus Ex style operative that can both fit into "normal" society to gain HUMINT, but when in combat can turn into an almost unstoppable foe with cybernetically enhanced agility and survivability.

You could also have SCE augmented engineers that can pack light (having integrated tools at their disposal) and operate in harsh environments without the need for bulky envirosuits.

Just look at today's proposed infantry augmentation projects and how far we've gone in just a couple decades of conceptual research - with Star Trek levels of tech cybernetic augmentation could be easily implemented with little in the way of ethical dilemmas... or even be completely undetectable to untrained eyes (which suits S31's mission very well).
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here is the biography of my "main" toon:

Treyven "The Raven" Corsey is a career Starfleet officer, following in the footsteps of many generations of Corseys who have served the United Federation of Planets. His father, Captain Sullivan Corsey of the U.S.S. Johnston, was killed in the battle of Wolf 359. His paternal grandfather, Carson Corsey, once served as the UFP's Ambassador to Rigel.

At 41 years old, he is one of the youngest Starfleet officers to reach the rank of Vice Admiral. Corsey's previous ship, the Odyssey Star Cruiser U.S.S. Storm Breaker, was destroyed in battle against the Borg while defending a small Federation colony. Corsey was the last member of the crew to leave the vessel, staying on board to draw the fire of the three Borg Cubes away from his crews escape pods.

*Starfleet Biographer's note: Corsey was determined to go down with his ship, following his father to the grave fighting against the Borg. His former First Officer, at great personal risk, beamed aboard, knocked Corsey unconscious and fled the ship, literally seconds before the massive vessels warp core went critical. The officer, since promoted to Captain of her own ship, maintains that Corsey, while being the best Captain she ever served under, has a death wish.*

Corsey, a deeply spiritual man, wrote the following after losing the U.S.S. Storm Breaker to the Borg:
    "Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of thy Great Goodness, to restrain our enemies from their terrible wickedness. Grant us victory in battle. Graciously harken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance across the Heavens from victory to victory, and crush the opression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and worlds. Oh Lord, may all mine enemies perish in the Wake of the Red Witch. Amen."

Vice Admiral Corsey is currently assigned to the Omega Armada, where he serves with some of Starfleet's best officers. Few men have served with greater distinction.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm thinking about writing a bio for my Lib Borg Human to state that he's not actually a human but an assimilated T-888.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm thinking about writing a bio for my Lib Borg Human to state that he's not actually a human but an assimilated T-888.
    Sounds interesting, can't wait to read it :cool:
  • Options
    mc2014mc2014 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    does anyone know when Cryptic plans to expand the character biography? I find it a shame how i came up with a great bio for my Vulcan science Officer only to be cut off by typing the last letter.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My bio can be found here: http://www.stowiki.org/User:Lindale_FF

Of course, is it still a work in progress.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Kraven Moorhead Born stardate 54775.4 Febuary,12,2378 Kraven was born to Todd(Livin) and Jo-anne Moorehead former starfleet officers who joined the maquis to help rescue family members from there colony VolanIII which was handed over to the Cardassians in the Federation-Cardassian Treaty of 2370. In 2380 after the successful rescue of 420 colonists from the Volan system LtCmdr.Todd moorehead is reinstated to starfleet and assigned to the U.S.S. Titan under the command of Captain William T Riker.

A rambunctious and mischievous young man growing up on a starship kraven often found him self in the security chiefs office. After seeing the the young mans name on report after report Captain Riker took an interest in kraven much due to the fact of how the the young trouble maker reminded him of a younger version of himself and took kraven under his wing. No stranger to having children on the bridge Riker offers kraven a position of acting ensign and starts kraven on Active academy training.

Stardate 76958.2 U.S.S. Ridgid/Gamma Quadrant Lt.Kraven Officer of the zulu watch responds to a distress call from an unknown vessel. The Draenei a race of humanoids very similar to humans traveling in a huge habitat adapted ship called New Hope the ship had become unable to support their Eco-system. Captian Livin Moorehead leaves with a diplomatic envoy to seek asylum for the draenei to DS9 and leaves his son Lt.Kraven in command of the U.S.S. Ridgid. While on a tour of the huge ship kraven met Livevilyn the daughter of the draenei Science academy minister a relationship formed and the two where soon inseparable.

A message is received the envoy is delayed do to the new war erupting in the alpha quadrant and DS 9 has been captured by the lost 2800 Ridgid hold fast kraven is issued battlefield commission of Commander and first officer of the Ridgid under new Captian Al Koholic. Mean while on the new hope structural integrity is failing and the Ridgid was beginning to feel the load the engineering core was working hard on constructing new habitats for the refugees when the ships were attacked by unknown raiders though they destroyed the attackers Captian Koholic was killed. Faced with the possibility that starfleet may take awhile and the condition of the new hope kraven convinces the leaders of the dranei to split there ship up and use it as a tractor ferry to transport the refuges to a near by class m planet. a great deal of time had passed kraven and livevilyns relationship has blossomed into a heated romance and nervously they awaited the return of there parents.

The settlement construction was progressing well the ridgid was in orbit collecting resources and providing support. Zulu hr kraven is alerted of multiple ships incoming to there system ready to defend his new home the ridgid holds below the planets pole to be invisible to the incoming ships but the ridgids sensors or blocked as well except for the defensive satellites they placed on the system perimeter kraven waits to strike. With the enemy ships in range kraven calls for the riker-moorehead maneuver and darts in to combat (ZAP) the ridgid is stopped dead and subsystems disabled a familiar face appears on the view screen?U didn?t think u could beat me with my own maneuver did u son?lol (livin chuckles)

Kraven and Livevilyn tightly hold hands as the delegates including there fathers materialize on the the transporter pad. Livevilyn?s father embraces her and immediately realizes that she is with child (POW) Kraven is laid out by his future father in-law.

Several years later kraven and his wife Livevilyn are assigned to the Red Dawn an elite fleet of members that actively defend the alpha and beta quadrants from it's many threats.

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=463615&TabID=3999923
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    My background has been moved. Here is the link for it. I've checked the forum permissions there, and everyone should be able to read it without having to register.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rachelj88rachelj88 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    .:Rachel Victoria Johnson:.

Rachel Johnson was granted asylum in the federation in 2391, She was found alone aboard a drifting unknown vessel as the records show at nearing the age of 1, The Year 2389. From the vessels logs she was born in 2388. Her record aboard the ship shown she was of Royal Descendant.

She was adopted and given the name Rachel Victoria Johnson by her foster parents, A married couple of renowned Federation Scientists who were to research Rachels' species and to care for her. The Scientists soon realised Rachel's potential and began grooming Her for a Starfleet Career. In Rachel's learning curve She Studied Music and fine Arts, while She was Studied by many other Scientists in the Federation in the English University of Oxford, Rachel got her long awaited placement into Starfleet Academy and throughout her Schooling and Pre University Learning, she outperformed her professors expectations and sometimes startled her tutors.

She graduated Starfleet Academy with her Science Majors plus some amount of Engineering and Tactical knowledge. She finished her last year on her Captaincy training, soon after she was posted aboard U.S.S. Hoylake as Chief Science Officer and head of research. During a confrontation with the Klingon, U.S.S. Hoylake was heavily damaged and many crew had been lost, the Captain and First officer where among those. Still under fire Rachel managed to discourage the Klingon attack and save the Hoylake and remaining crew, Rachel and the crew successfully returned Hoylake to Starbase 157.
    After giving a full report her efforts didn't go unnoticed and that also of her crew, She received The Cochrane Medal of Excellence along with The Starfleet Decoration of Gallantry.

In 2410 Rachel gained the Rank of Rear Admiral at the age of 22, one of few Starfleet Admiralty to boast this Achievement at a young age. She took it upon herself to take command of the Intrepid II Prototype, to which she named U.S.S. Cutty Sark.

RachelJ88
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Crell, of the House of Jev, was not the Heir Designate until after his elder brother was killed in an Honour Duel. Being the second for this duel, he witnessed his brother's death first hand. This loss and the change in his own status affected him deeply. He took up his new duties unwillingly at first, then began to see the inherent wisdom in the Path of the Warrior. He enlisted as an ordinary soldier in the House Fleet where he served with distinction. This led to his being seconded to the KDF where he was enrolled in the Academy for officer training. His experiences in the KDF allow him to view the Empire from quite a different perspective. Crell views battle and conquest, glory and victory the same as any other tlhIngan soldier. But whenever he has a choice to make he will always choose the path which benefits his House first. He has two uncles and three aunts who fought alongside Martok during the Dominion wars. He idolizes all of them and never passes a chance to spend some time with them. However, their opinions and tales of Martok, along with his own experiences, has caused Crell to form some dangerous ideas concerning the current members of the High Council. He firmly believes the High Council regularly places their own interests and wishes ahead of what is best for the Empire as a whole. Wisely, he keeps these views to himself. He will not act against the interests of the Empire. Nor will he raise a hand against it. The strife caused by Gowron is something he thinks upon regularly. However, he looks forward to the day when the current High Council members are too old or too weak to hold their station. On that day, he will stand against them to serve his House and his Empire as they deserve to be served.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Nice Thunderfoot :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is the link to my "main" its rather lengthy to post here:

http://ussstarchaser.wikia.com/wiki/William_Ashwing

Iam writing a bio for all of my boffs, ill share one. This is the bio of my CMO / Chief Counselor Alarima.

===

Lt. Aramdiyisa Alarima Maal

Aramdiyisa Alarima Maal was the Chief Medical Officer and Ship's Counselor of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Nova Scotia (NCC-92709-A).

Alarima was born in Rolti, a village in the Hendrikspool province of Bajor in 2377. Her father was a village doctor while her mother was a sculptor.

Alarima's family was moderately religious and tried to balance their D'jarras and the freedoms of a post occupation life. Before the Cardassian Occupation of Bajor the Maal family is part of the Ih'valla D'jharra (Artist's Caste) but the Occupation forced Alarima's parents to help in the resistance medic tents. Her father and mother then proceeded to enroll and graduate from the University of Rixx on Betazed with a Medical Technician and Nursing degree respectfully in 2372. During the short D'jarra revival in 2373, Alarima's mother reverted to being a sculptor while his father remained adamant at being a medic. This proved a theme in the upbringing of Alarima.

In 2388, Alarima enrolled to a Federation sponsored secondary school with the help of her father. She wanted this school because growing up Alarima looked up to the Federation and its heroes and wished one day to be a Starfleet Officer or at least in a position to interact with the Federation on a daily basis. The decision was upsetting to her mother.

Despite this in 2394, Alarima graduated with top marks and enrolled to Starfleet Medical Academy in San Francisco to get her medical degree and in 2398 enrolled in Starfleet Academy next campus over to gain her officership and specializing in the skill set of a Councellor in addition of her Medical responisibilities.

In 2402, just after Alarima's completion of her cadet cruise on the U.S.S. London and just before entering Department Head school she took a six-month sabbatical to Bajor after the death of her mother. She dressed in traditional Bajoran garb the whole time she was there.

In 2403, Alarima served as a doctor on the U.S.S. Indianapolis and was given a promotion to Chief Medical Officer and Counselor in 2404.

In 2405, Alarima married the Bajoran civilian doctor Velak Qan after two months of courtship that began on a medical conference on Trill. She served one more tour on the U.S.S. Indianapolis.

In 2409, Alarima requested transfer by Starfleet Command to the U.S.S. Nova Scotia-A to be near her husband who was helping with the Romulan hospital on Mol'Rihan.

She is currently suffering from morning sneezing.

internet points to those who know what that last bit means ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    @ rachelj88, thunderfoot006 and chandlerashari: fantastic bios :cool:
  • Options
    squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Twenty years ago, give or take, the Federation granted provisional member status to the ancient, fetid, reeking world of Arkath. The Arkathians, a race of taciturn, resentful, and mophologically diverse anthropo-arachnoids were invited to send their best and brightest to Starfleet Academy. After much nattering and bickering, the Arkathian genetic cooperatives sent Khas instead.

It was assumed Khas wouldn't make the cut. The surly and scowling alien had served as a mechanic on an Arkathian waste disposal scow, keeping the overburdened engines running and making sure the ship could continue to tow enormous piles of biological waste directly into the sun, but was otherwise considered unremarkable. He was dull and unimaginative even by Arkathian standards and his attitude, though ghastly, was considered to be "too chipper" by his peers. He surprised everyone by passing he entrance exams and earning a spot at the Academy in the Nimurian system.

Though his bad attitude and difficulty adapting to Starfleet culture almost sunk his career before it really began on several occasions, Khas learned to reign in the worst of his distemper, eventually showing a great deal of promise as a power-distribution specialist. His instructors wisely assigned him to a refit/retrofit team and put his expertise to use bringing old second-line and mothballed Federation starships up to modern standards. There was war all around and Starfleet needed every ship it could get.

Khas spent the next ten years steadily improving both his dispostion and his craft. He managed a promotion to Lieutenant and was put in charge of his own refit team. It was during this time that Khas would be tested under fire and emerge a tolerable, if eccentric commander.

Khas had been assigned to the USS Matterhorn, a cruiser so ancient that crew members claimed trilobites were infesting the lower decks. During the old ship's post-refit test run, word came in that an Orion slaver ship was spotted heading towards a small research outpost in the neighboring Vol system. The Matterhorn was the only ship in range to help and, despite being outclassed in every conceivable way, the captain ordered her in.

The fight went about like what you'd expect. Within the first few exchanges the Matterhorn was crippled and the main bridge had taken a savage beating. Most of the command crew was dead or incapacitated and overall command fell to Khas. The ship was tumbling, the warp core was minutes away from going critical, and Orion boarding parties were popping up all over the ship. Khas responded by ejecting the warp core, overloading a tractor beam emitter to fling it directly at the Orion vessel and blowing out the Matterhorn's deflector dish and most of her remaining power in a barely successful attempt to disrupt the Orion vessels' shields. The gamble, though extremely risky, paid off. Khas then lead what was left of the crew in a counter-action, killing or capturing the boarding parties. The Matterhorn drifted with minimal life support for another eight hours before being relieved by the USS Septimus.

In recognition of both his courage (or whatever passes for it among his kind) and terrible attitude, he was granted command of the newly-refitted escort vessel USS Bride of Quiet. Whether or not the notoriously misanthropic crew of the Bride will accept their new commander has yet to be seen.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wraith was found on a scientific space station during a raid by Section 31 sanctioned ship The U.S.S. Geist under Captain James Charles Donovan, believing that the station was engaging in illegal and unethical biogenic and biogenetic warfare. Believed to be the prototype of a foot soldier for either infantry or infiltration his name of "Wraith" was the translation of the designation on the stasis tank. In the initial investigations of the stations records, they found he was made using Vulcan DNA as a base heavily modifying it to enhance his speed, strength, reflexes, and hand eye coordination using many techniques from different species like Denobulans and Angoshians. As a price of these modifications he has none of the Vulcans psychic capabilities and no immune system, the latter of which is over compensated by the use of reprogrammed Borg Nanoprobes giving him the infected appearance. Due to the Federations strict control over the nanoprobe tech brought back by Voyager, this implied that some how Starfleet had either been infiltrated at the highest levels or was some how involved making it a Section 31 priority.

Believed to be created as a response to the Jem'Hadar he was designed to imprint on a superior officer as a means of control rather than a inbred addiction or religion. Likely due to the Angoshian influence he remains docile and timid until the need arises to defend or attack in which case he becomes cold and focused.

Initially there were no plans to awaken him but during transit back to earth the ship was attacked causing the stasis unit to fail and he was moved to the medical bay where he awoke despite the efforts of the medical staff. As the ship's warp core had been damaged in the conflict he spent weeks on board interacting with the crew as well as imprinting on to Captain Donovan as if he were a father. Donovan having lost his own son to not to long before hand allowed the young augment to remain conscious for the trip to earth space dock under security escort. After the months of testing as well as repairs and refits on the Geist, it was decided that while they couldn't admit him to Starfleet, he was to remain on board the Geist due to his connection to Donovan as well as a means of keeping him under the watchful eye of Section 31.

While he has the appearance of a Vulcan in the early 20's he is really only around six years old and expresses a full range of emotion. He was in the stages of programming when the stasis unit failed so he has basic knowledge of many things but is still a fish out of water on board a Federation Escort. While many of the crew didn't accept him at first (partially for being an augment, Partially for looking like he was assimilated) he has managed to find friends as well as earns his keep as the assistant to the Chief Engineer Devon fine. He's even proven himself as a valuable member to the senior staff on both away missions and for his "unique" perspective.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Born in Las Vegas, Kathryn did not aspire to join Starfleet as a child. Her family moved to the Galatea colony, but never made it. En route, the transport vessel was attacked by slavers and she was the only surviving Beringer, and sold on auction. She escaped as a teenager and found her way back to Earth. Joining Starfleet was the only way she could consider as a means to find the slaver guild and attempt to find justice. Kathryn discovered her passion for the Sciences and redirected her energies toward more peaceful goals. Yet, deep inside, she still harbors a hatred and intolerance for the intergalactic slave trade and will risk everything to stop the practice ... one slaver at a time.
  • Options
    asteconnasteconn Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So rather than bare my toon's entire life story on my biography, I have instead an overview of her career in Starfleet thus far. I leave life story things to in character interactions.

Name: Etris Audral
    Species: Trill (Unjoined)
    Assignment: Captain, USS Maedhbh NCC 97200-A

Etris was born in Belfast, Earth, to Trill parents. Mother is a diplomat on Earth, stationed in Paris. Father is a musician. The family lives in the Falls Road area of Belfast, Ireland. She's the 3rd of 4 children.

She Enrolled in Starfleet at age 19 on the 3rd attempt at the 72nd percentile. She has been turned down by the Trill symbiosis committee as unsuitable for joining not long afterwards.

Her first assignment was the USS Reliant NCC 91864 as a junior operations officer.

Her promotion to Lieutenant had her stationed on the USS Maedhbh NCC 97200 initially as a senior operations officer, and then cheif operations officer and 4IC of the ship. The Maedhbh was damaged beyond economical repair when its deflector failed at warp. Hull breaches from debris hitting the ship before its shields were activated killed many of the crew.

She was reassigned after the decommisioning of the Maedhbh to her first command - the USS Saoirse NCC 92002, an Excalibur class vessel.

She was offered command of the replacement USS Maedhbh (NCC 97200-A) on her promotion to captain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Name: Kyle Nathaniel Locke
    Alias: Brumby
    Race: Human
    Affiliation: United Federation of Planets; Starfleet
    Occupation: Commanding Officer of the U.S.S. Brisbane (NCC-93653-B)
    Born: New Sydney; 2381, December 31.
    Father: Nathaniel Locke
    Mother: Danielle Locke
    Other Relatives: Eric Thompson (Grandfather); Rachel Thompson (Grandmother)
    Background:
    Born on the 31st of December 2381 on New Sydney in the Sapora System. His father, Nathaniel Locke, was a Captain in the local police forces, however unlike most of the officers on the force his father wasn't corrupt and this meant that he had enemies within the Orion Sydicate. His mother, Danielle Locke, ran one of the local bars on the planet known as the Billabong and unfortunately much of the clientelle had links to the Orion Syndicate and would often try to shake the Billabong down, however Kyle's father would always intervene. Eventually though the Orions would have their fill of Nathaniel's interference and arranged an 'accident' to occur while on one of his investigations, the 'accident' would be caused by his father's Bolian partner Orthen Dat whom had tampered with Nathaniels side arm to cause a misfire inside the chamber and explode in his hand. Although the explosion wasn't the cause of death it was enough to knock him back and topple a crate of self sealing stem bolts on top of him. The cause of death would be written off as equipment malfunction. After his father's death and the harassment from the Orion Syndicate continued to escalate and became more violent each time they were rejected by his mother, which eventually started to take its toll on Danielle's health. With her suppliers and patrons being scared off by the Orions, the family was barely managing to scrape up a living and even though she was suffering herself, Danielle managed to get enough latinum slips together to get a transport to take Kyle back to his grandparents back on Earth.

It would be one standard Earth year later that Kyle would recieve his Federation Citzenship. After turning eighteen Kyle Locke submitted his application to Starfleet and began his life at the Academy, and in honor of his father's memory he chose to follow a career in tactics and security. After enterring the academy, Kyle immediately took to the training areas and began refining his combat skills. One of the campus counsellors stating: "That it is almost as if he is trying to prove something to someone." however his instructors were impressed and encouraged his obsession to a point where he could maintain his grades without negatively effecting his health.

Some time during his second year at Starfleet Academy, Kyle and fellow classmate had developed a crush on each other, after Kyle whom at the time been in charge of a group of fellow cadets during a survival training exercise, 'saved' her from falling over the side of a cliff and inadvertantly wound up falling over the edge himself and cost his team the mission. As the two dated, Kyle's psychological profile had changed drasitically and the counsellors noted that Jasmine acted as a positive stabilising influence in his life and that he showed promise as officer. During the final year at Starfleet both Jasmine and Kyle had decided to postpone their relationship and decided to focus on their careers in Starfleet and do their best to graduate without too much distraction. Even though they both agreed that it was for the best, both had a hard time adjusting to the sudden pause in their relationship however Kyle used his archery elective to blow off some steam.

After completing the Kobayashi Maru in 2403, Kyle had be given a comission aboard the U.S.S. Wirraway (A Miranda-class cruiser) and serve as the Chief Tactical Officer for six years until the engagement with a Borg Cube that was attacking the U.S.S. Khitomer early in 2409, where he was forced to take command when the Captain had been killed in action and the First Officer being Assimilated by a boarding party. After evicting the Borg from the Wirraway, Kyle had set a course for Earth and reported the incident to ADmiral Quinn where he recieved a commendation and given full command of the Wirraway.

This is what I have so far and I'll continue to update as much as possible.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I posted a link to mine earlier on in the thread, but it has since been moved.

This is the new link.

You do not need to sign up to the forums to read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I 'transferred' my WoW toon over to STO. You WoW haters can zip it, and move on to the next post if you got a problem with it! :P

Nei Mistmoon: Gnomes... He said his transporter would take me instantly to Ironforge. I had heard stories of people using them and being turned into chickens; figured they were just wild stories. But when I awoke in a chicken coop in Texas, I started to think otherwise. I assume there's a very confused chicken in Ironforge and a gnome trying to undo a transformation that didn't happen. Well, at least there's no orcs in this reality, right? Huh? What's a Klingon?
  • Options
    pmadi32382pmadi32382 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Born: Earthdate March 23, 2358

Place: Shikahr, Vulcan

Education: PhD Neural Regeneration from Shikahr Academy 2381

Vulcan Service Record: Served as Subcommander on retofitted D'Kyr class Aegir under Captain Suluk 2381-2396

Starfleet Service Record: Accepted into Starfleet 2396

Served as Chief Medical Officer aboard U.S.S. Hannover 2397 - 2407

Captain of U.S.S. Galicia 2407 - 2409. Participated in several key engagements with the Borg and Udine.

Current Assignment: Captain of U.S.S. Aeon, 2409 - present. Engaged in settlement operations on Mol'Rihan.
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's my main (FED).

Very short and nothing original about it. It's just to give a sense of personality and "existence" to the toon:

Arin Grayson

Born:
    Vulcan
    Date:
    Species:
    Human

After graduating form the science academy, she enlisted on a top secret research programme Starfleet had started in an effort to "map" time itself and various timelines. Yet, one day while attempting to contain a Chronitron radiation leak after an accident during an experiment, she found herself back in the 24th century.
    Starfleet took an interest on her "unique condition", however minding the temporal prime directive chose not to use her knowledge as intelligence, also preventing contamination of the present time-line. They offered her equivalent Academy grade and the command of a starship. Despite her science career, her tactical abilities were above average, so she enlisted as a tactical officer.
  • Options
    scruffyvulcanscruffyvulcan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like the legendary Spock, Jonus was born to a vulcan father and a human mother.

That, however, is where the similarities end.

Jonus's father was a vulcan captain of a starship. His mother was a human scientist specializing in transporter technology.

Jonus chose to follow in his father's footsteps and joined Starfleet. When he was 19, he was assigned to serve on his father's ship.

While serving with his father, one of their missions took them to the same sector as the science station where his mother was currently stationed. They decided to visit her.

While en route to the station, the ship received two separate distress signals. The first signal was from a nearby space station. It was under attack from a Klingon strike force.

The second distress signal was from his mother's research station. It, too, was under attack.

The stations were in opposite directions. The captain (Jonus's father) had to decide who to assist. The space station housed over 2000 civilians. The science station housed 23 scientists (Jonus's mother was one of them).

Jonus's father made the only logical choice. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. He assisted the space station.

The science station received no help and was destroyed. Jonus's mother was killed.

Jonus's father received a commendation for his difficult decision and was ultimately promoted. Eventually he became a Starfleet admiral.

Jonus, however, completely renounced his father for letting his mother die. He turned his back on vulcan philosophy and embraced his human side. He became a follower of the James T. Kirk method of command. He also never spoke to his father again.

As time went by, Jonus was promoted to captain and got his own starship.

To his horror, he discovered the ship was staffed entirely by vulcans.

Turned out, the ship was an experiment. Starfleet wanted hard data on how a ship completely run by vulcans would perform.

Jonus had been assigned to the ship due to a clerical error... the system had him registered as a Vulcan and - because of his father - Starfleet had assumed Jonus followed the Vulcan way of life.

Jonus tried to protest, but was ultimately told the transfer was complete. If he wanted his own ship, he'd have to take the ship he was given.

So now Jonus is a half-human, half-vulcan who hates vulcans.... and is the captain of a ship run entirely by vulcans.

He's not a happy captain.
  • Options
    ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Righto, here's mine.

Name: Arkos Nair
    Species: Korda
    Assignment: Captain, USS Archimedes, NCC-887501

Species Background:

The Korda people of Nar-Etulis III were once a prosperous culture known for their progressiveness, technological innovation and keenness for learning and debate. Their aptitude for technological development and invention made them much sought-after, both as trading partners and as scientists, throughout the Alpha Quadrant, and they were almost unrivalled in many scientific fields. Although the Federation (and later the Dominion) constantly offered them membership, the Korda always refused, valuing their autonomy and the wealth and clout it afforded them. For a time, the Korda's sophisticated technology rivalled that of the great powers, and their advanced civilization was seen as a shining jewel worthy of emulation.

This all changed, however, when their planet suffered an environmental cataclysm brought on by sustained mining and atmospheric manipulation. Most of Nar-Etulis was flooded when their polar ice caps melted, and severe geological upheavals and atmospheric storms added to the destruction. Billions of Korda died in a matter of days, and almost overnight, their civilizaton collapsed.

In the aftermath of this disaster, known thereafter as the Calamity, the Korda were forced to live in great underwater cities known as deepwells, their population barely half of what it once was and their standard of living drastically reduced. Although the Federation have frequently offered aid to the Korda, all of their offers have been met with silence. A strong religious element, the Chastised, now rules Korda society, which blames the unhindered technological progress, environmental abuse and overall arrogance of their forefathers for the Korda's fall. For this reason, the Korda now shun the use of modern technology, and forbid contact with the rest of the galaxy, fearful that, in their weakness, they will accept the aid of the Federation and be tempted to accept the evils of advanced technology once more.

Character Biography:

Arkos Nair was only a boy when the Calamity hit, and grew up in a family aligned with the Apologists-- one of the few groups left on Nar-Etulis who opposed the religious order. The Apologists argued that it was the use of technology, invention and innovation, rather their exclusion, that could save the Korda and improve their standard of living. For a time, the Apologists and Chastised barely tolerated one another, but when Arkos grew to a young adult, violence broke out between the two groups. Several members of Arkos' extended family were killed or imprisoned, and for a time, it seemed as though all of the Apologists would suffer such a fate. In desperation, Arkos, along with his aunt, two of his cousins and three close friends, commandeered one of the few remaining shuttlecraft on Nar-Etulis and fled the planet, seeking sanctuary in the Federation.

In the aftermath of his escape, Arkos joined Starfleet, eager to explore, to experiment with technology, and to hopefully find something out in the stars that could help his people. After earning top marks in the Academy, Arkos joined the Corps of Engineers, where he was stationed as a Lieutenant on the U.S.S. Khitomer. In the aftermath of the disastrous Battle of Vega, however, Arkos was given a field promotion to command of the battered Miranda-class U.S.S. Da Vinci, which he commanded efficiently and effectively until the Da Vinci was finally decomissioned a few months later.

Currently, Arkos commands the U.S.S. Archimedes, a heavy cruiser designated as an experimental systems testbed by the Corps of Engineers, and continues to prove himself to be a competent, quick-thinking and imaginative (albeit occasionally reckless) Captain.

*Note: in the game, Arkos is actually a Vice Admiral by this point in command of a Sovereign-class ship. In the LC's, however, he is still a Captain, and will probably remain as such for quite a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]