test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Odyssey Uniform...

lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,846 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Federation Discussion
I have been thinking of purchasing it for a character but I was wondering if anyone had any good screen shots to what the set pieces look like?
Post edited by lianthelia on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The hot vulcan chick that replaced Handsome Phaser Guy is wearing a modified form of it. She can be found on the main webpage. It doesn't have her cleavage showing. It is not as impressive as the KDF version.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The hot vulcan chick that replaced Handsome Phaser Guy is wearing a modified form of it. She can be found on the main webpage. It doesn't have her cleavage showing. It is not as impressive as the KDF version.

Also curious what kind of rank insignia it uses...because the ones on the home page are from the Wells Uniform?
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Hey, that's my picture!
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Also curious what kind of rank insignia it uses...because the ones on the home page are from the Wells Uniform?

Here's the Odyssey basic uniform (same character model, even). The rank pips are rectangular. The pants are pleated, like the diplomat pants only matte and with no stripes. The boots are like the diplomat shoes, too.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hey, that's my picture!

Here's the Odyssey basic uniform (same character model, even). The rank pips are rectangular. The pants are pleated, like the diplomat pants only matte and with no stripes. The boots are like the diplomat shoes, too.

Hmmm...not really sure if I want to get it, but thanks for the pic!
  • Options
    archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is the Odyssey uniform only available for people who owns an Odyssey?
    I don't remember seeing them in the C-store.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Is the Odyssey uniform only available for people who owns an Odyssey?
    I don't remember seeing them in the C-store.

Its available once you unlock your fleets starbase tailor and tier 3 starbase.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Its available once you unlock your fleets starbase tailor and tier 3 starbase.

And the name- Odyssey basic- implies that there may be additional fleet uniforms. An Odyssey advanced, at least. However, it is not in Starbase Tier 4, as my fleet has finished all of the possible upgrades for that and no new uniforms.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The other fleet holdings have additional fleet uniforms. The starbase has the odyssey and bortasqu uniforms while the Embassy has a new fleet uniform that I haven't seen yet. If I remember right, it is for getting to Tier 3 Embassy and doing a tailor project.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    How much resource does this uniform cost?
  • Options
    shaunklshaunkl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you've unlocked the Relativity uniform are the pips useable on the neck?
    Number one on my wishlist: New FED transporter effect
    Number two: 22nd Century Excursion Jackets
    Number three: Handheld communicator animation for non-combadge uniforms
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The other fleet holdings have additional fleet uniforms. The starbase has the odyssey and bortasqu uniforms while the Embassy has a new fleet uniform that I haven't seen yet. If I remember right, it is for getting to Tier 3 Embassy and doing a tailor project.

I figured the embassy uniform would be something Romulan-related, but we'll see. It won't be long now. Another month, maybe, for big fleets to hit Embassy 3.
    How much resource does this uniform cost?

16000 dilithium and 8000 fleet credits from the fleet starbase tailor. Per character.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    16000 D?
    That's quite expensive... Then again, way cheaper than a c-store uniform.
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    16000 D?
    That's quite expensive... Then again, way cheaper than a c-store uniform.

True that, though some would say that 16k Dil is just two-three days' grind, compared with the millions it takes to get embassies and starbases up to spec...
  • Options
    arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Personally, for a similar look, the Starfleet Academy uniform is a better investment.
  • Options
    dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    Personally, for a similar look, the Starfleet Academy uniform is a better investment.

LOVE the Starfleet Academy Uniform :D
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Odyssey is my favorite of the Cryptic-designed 2409 uniforms. I like it even better than the Jupiter Veteran. All the others are just too busy with their panels. I feel like I'm playing some other generic sci fi universe. Odyssey is more in keeping with Starfleet's typical more casual, minimalist uniform style.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anyone know how to get Hot Vulcan Phaser Girl's belt? On the post about New Romulas and the things to do, the in game toon which was based on her seems to have that belt, but I can't find it in game.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, that sucks. I love the KDF variant but the KDf fleet I'm in is unlikely to hit tier 3 anytime soon... and I'd want it for my KDF diplomacy bridge officers on a fed char :P
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey, that's my picture!

Thanks for the pictures. I have the Odyssey on my Main Fed, but my Main KDF isn't quite there yet (soon, our Tailor Project is in progress). It will be good to get a new KDF uniform...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anyone know how to get Hot Vulcan Phaser Girl's belt? On the post about New Romulas and the things to do, the in game toon which was based on her seems to have that belt, but I can't find it in game.

Jupiter Veteran belt?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorial892jorial892 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just so you all know you can go visit another fleets starbase and buy the uni's from there Starbase even if your not a member.:):cool:
  • Options
    atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Such a nice uniform imo. Very Trekky.

Would love the option to switch all NPCs to this uniform. Having random Jupiter uniforms all over the place really breaks the immersion for me.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the pictures. I have the Odyssey on my Main Fed, but my Main KDF isn't quite there yet (soon, our Tailor Project is in progress). It will be good to get a new KDF uniform...

Here's the Bortasqu' uniform without wacky colors (most colors are a bit too dark on it to show detail). The Boots and gauntlets are very nice and very Klingon.

And if you're uniform-starved like I know I am, there's also the Lobi-store Korath temporal uniform, which is.... very expensive. But looks nice.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's the Bortasqu' uniform without wacky colors (most colors are a bit too dark on it to show detail). The Boots and gauntlets are very nice and very Klingon.

And if you're uniform-starved like I know I am, there's also the Lobi-store Korath temporal uniform, which is.... very expensive. But looks nice.
    Thanks again. And yes, I'd love to get the Korath, it looks great, but it's too expensive, either from the Lobi store or the Exchange. If it were an account-wide unlock (like tradeable/sellable costume pieces in Champions), I'd get it. Per character? I don't find the value in that, even if I could afford it.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Jupiter Veteran belt?

That is the belt I'm using, but the one on the Phaser girl is a rectangle.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    paulfirminpaulfirmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so am i reading this right, to get more fleet uniforms you need to do embassy missions/projects?

Would love to see a list of what the fed can get in the way of uniforms and what tier embassy you need to get them.
  • Options
    dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    I've heard (can't remember for the life of me from where) that you can get another variant of the Oddy Uniform from tier 3 Embassy tailor.

Can anyone confirm this one? Really curious lol
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, yes, you can get a new uniform once you reach T3 embassy diplomatic... but unfortunately no one seems to know how said uniform looks like.

Are there any screens of it available?

Is it this one by any chance? http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/pictures/1351875440630.jpg
  • Options
    harrisjohnhharrisjohnh Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh, wonderful! ANOTHER thing that solo players just can't get...

Does somebody have a fleet I can join JUST LONG ENOUGH to get this uniform?
  • Options
    plas01plas01 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A sharp looking uniform, reminds me of TNG Starfleet style but just that bit more formal. Using it on my Boffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Plasma, Vice Admiral, Starfleet
    -I.D.I.C- UFP Fleet Admiral, -I.D.I.C- Founder
    Veena, Lieutenant General, Klingon Defence Force
    -I.D.I.C- KDF Fleet General