What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Worth getting Collectors Edition?

Comments

• Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Anyone in Denmark want to relieve themselves of their copy? I have tried to find it, but they only sell the gold edition here. It seems like i'll have to buy from ebay as it is now. Any idea where else i can get it from? Amazon refuse to ship to denmark.

I urge for the red matter capacitor.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :D:D

Yay, my Collector's Edition arrived yesterday from Amazon.com.

I plan on using this second copy on my second Lifer account that lacks all the bells and whistles. Hopefully one day if I have the time, money, and energy I'll fully invest in my second Lifer account. Giving it the same amount of love as my Main.

Anyways this is a great start in the right direction - I plan on entering the keycode tomorrow. :D

Hope everyone gets a great deal via Amazon or ebay.

By the way, why does Amazon refuses to ship to Denmark?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    stark2k wrote: »

By the way, why does Amazon refuses to ship to Denmark?

^^^ This, my friend, has been my greatest irritation of 2012 to.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Collector's Edition also comes with 3 10-Day Guest Pass codes.

I was hoping that these codes will allow a Free-to-Play account to have Gold status temporarily for those 10 days to pick up the Gold perks.

Alas, these Passes do no such thing. As far as I can tell, they do absolutely nothing (positive or negative) when applied to a Free-to-Play account, other than show up as a line item when you check your account status through the STO web site.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    snovern wrote: »
    The Collector's Edition also comes with 3 10-Day Guest Pass codes.

I was hoping that these codes will allow a Free-to-Play account to have Gold status temporarily for those 10 days to pick up the Gold perks.

Alas, these Passes do no such thing. As far as I can tell, they do absolutely nothing (positive or negative) when applied to a Free-to-Play account, other than show up as a line item when you check your account status through the STO web site.

Could not login today to implement the codes needed to enhance my second account, will do later to day after work.

In regards to the guess passcodes, it may be that its only for those who are about to create a new account, I mean it was originally meant for that - however; since the game is now F2P, I think the codes themselves are obsolete.

Hopefully the other codes will be honored.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have a Lifer account. Can I use the red matter capacity code on my current account to get the item? I don't want to buy a second Lifer account.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes! get the red matter capacitor :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have a Lifer account. Can I use the red matter capacity code on my current account to get the item? I don't want to buy a second Lifer account.

Yes, yes you can - the code will still be honored along with any other goodies. The thing is my Main Lifer Account have all the codes with the exception of the elusive TR-116A Rifle code.

I saw one that was purchased on ebay for like 500 hundred American Dollars - Not paying that much for a code.

I believe almost none exist, since knowing Target, and having to work for them in the past - They tend to destroy certain software that is obsolete, writing off as a tax write up or getting credit from the publisher or distributor.

My second Lifer Account has nothing but only the stipend and the Borg BO. - So I purchased the Deluxe edition for its codes.

I have yet to attempt to give a Guess pass to players - I think those are not honored anymore due to the game going F2P - If anyone else have information about these codes, please share your comments.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    malek3malek3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I already have a monthly gold account which was originally downloaded from the STO site, if I load in my collectors edition that I received as a gift will I still have my original toon and ships at the same level and equipment?
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    reinawatt wrote: »
    I've got the collector's edition, it's worth it. The t-shirt that comes with it is comfortable, the postcards are nice, the DS9 uniform set is pretty good, the map is very out of date, but not bad and the Red Matter Capacitor is a very useful item to have.

Go for it, it's worth the money. And if you enjoy the game then it's even more worth it.

T Shirt? Post cards? What?

Edit: I guess different stores have different bonuses for the collectors edition. Which store had the shirt and postcards?
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    T Shirt? Post cards? What?

Edit: I guess different stores have different bonuses for the collectors edition. Which store had the shirt and postcards?
    If you buy the physical collector, you'll have those. It's part of the collector, no matter the store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    diotw wrote: »
    I have an existing FTP account, which I set up back in February. I'm thinking about getting the Collector's Edition from Amazon with some Christmas money, but I was just wondering if it is even possible to get the special features from that edition onto my existing account? If they're only for new accounts then it's obviously not going to be worth it.

What does the red matter capacitor do exactly? Trying to see if it's worth it. Seeing lots of people saying good things about it but what are the specs if you can post them.

Thanks
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    brakkennbrakkenn Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What does the red matter capacitor do exactly? Trying to see if it's worth it. Seeing lots of people saying good things about it but what are the specs if you can post them.

Thanks

The [Red Matter Capacitor] is a rare re-usable item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship?s equipment for a short time. It is a bonus item that could only be obtained by purchasing the Collector's Edition of Star Trek Online. It can then be claimed via the "Legacy Unlocks" tab of the C-Store.

Stats:

Target: Self
    3 Min Recharge
    Repairs all disabled systems
    +25 All Power Settings for 20 sec

In short it's a reusable battery that boosts and repairs all systems. So yes very much worth it.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    If you buy the physical collector, you'll have those. It's part of the collector, no matter the store.

It also depends on the country, USA as far as I know didn't get the T-shirt version. It was only in the UK/Europe versions of the collectors edition.

I also think the US version has two costume unlocks (TNG/DS9) while the UK/EU version has one.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    It also depends on the country, USA as far as I know didn't get the T-shirt version. It was only in the UK/Europe versions of the collectors edition.

I also think the US version has two costume unlocks (TNG/DS9) while the UK/EU version has one.

I only had one costume unlock (DS9 I think). Europe box. I though the content was the same for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    I got a different version with a solid bronze combadge pin.

Also the RMC is even more cool because you can have one for each of your ships! Just click the "claim" button more than once. You can't USE more than one at a time(if you try, the batteries have a shared cooldown and the second can't be used until the CD for the first is over), but it saves you the trouble of transfering it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes, the Red Matter Capacitor is absolutely worth it :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I bought the Collector edition today. I am not home at the moment. Opened the box, there is a Pin, 3 guest cards, a CD and manual, but no codes for uniforms and console. The box also comes with Enterprise. Where can I find the code for the console?
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Look inside the manual, it'll be on the backside of one of the very last pages.
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What about the separated borg as playable race in either side?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You mean Lib Borg Captains? That's an LTS benefit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    age03 wrote: »
    What about the separated borg as playable race in either side?
    Inside my collector, I didn't have a borg BOFF or character species. I think it's related to amazon or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You mean Lib Borg Captains? That's an LTS benefit.

Yes.Thanks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I did it! Here is under the assumption that you want to add the Collector Edition to your existing account.

There is an activation code and an old activation web link on the last page of the manual. Website redirection will ask you to enter your current account information, and Cryptic Account Guard key will send to your e-mail. Retrieved the key from the e-mail and input it on the web page. Again, re-enter account information will then send you to your general account page. Click on "key" button and enter the activation game code. If successful, it will show your current existing game features, including the Collector Edition. In my case, it also shows my Lifetime subscription.

Next, start your game as usual. Go to the Zen Store -> Legacy Unlocks, and claim your Red Matter Capacitor. Your free uniforms are automatically unlocked. The free Constitution class Enterprise can be claimed from the shipyard (listing as zero zen). However, it won't let me rename it as "Enterprise" because it is a restricted name. Strangely, I was able to name it "Potemkin."
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I did it! Here is under the assumption that you want to add the Collector Edition to your existing account.

Yes, you have to jump several hoops before you can access your Deluxe edition content. This process is done with the Steam Starter Pack as well (Which I recommend getting for the SteamRunner).

Keep in mind that the codes in the Deluxe Edition is found in the last page of the instruction manual. The European Edition does come with the T-Shirt - the American version does not.

We Americans get the Comm Badge Pin, two uniforms, & the console
    Next, start your game as usual. Go to the Zen Store -> Legacy Unlocks, and claim your Red Matter Capacitor. Your free uniforms are automatically unlocked. The free Constitution class Enterprise can be claimed from the shipyard (listing as zero zen). However, it won't let me rename it as "Enterprise" because it is a restricted name. Strangely, I was able to name it "Potemkin."

You cannot name it the "Enterprise" because the name is Iconic and is the mascot for Star Trek, that is the center theme for the series.

It is the same when naming BO's and character names - It will not allow you to name it after copyrighted works, and/or famous actors from the TV series.

For Example: I tried naming a toon after Supergirls Kryptonian name:

Kara Zor El

The game would not allow it.

The name "Potemkin" though used in the original series after a starship, is not iconic to the series nor was it the center theme of the series. Basically not important enough to the Trek series. Same with the Kelvin etc...

Also names like Voyager, Defiant, Enterprise are all Iconic ships from the series - I can only imagine that Cryptic does not want a thousand Voyagers & Defiants flying around, let alone Enterprise.

Why would anyone even want to name their ship Enterprise? It is already in the game and its Captain is Shon.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited January 2013
    Well this sucks.

I can't buy the Collector's Edition now without forking out loads of money for it. $9 on Amazon, but they don't ship to the UK, or I can pay some $49 for one that does ship to the UK, but that doesn't include shipping. Amazon's UK site just says they no longer have it available.

As for eBay, I'm stuck with buying it from the US, and paying a small fortune to get it shipped over here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I did a trade with a fleet matey ..
    He bought the collectors from US Amazon for 15$, i bought the Digital Deluxe in europe.

We swapped codes, now we both have both versions. Otherwise very expensive or unobtainable.

Im only missing out on the Real swag included in the collectors item, but 6months of having the Red Matter has alleviated that somewhat.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    jivedutch wrote: »
    I did a trade with a fleet matey ..
    He bought the collectors from US Amazon for 15$, i bought the Digital Deluxe in europe.

We swapped codes, now we both have both versions. Otherwise very expensive or unobtainable.

Im only missing out on the Real swag included in the collectors item, but 6months of having the Red Matter has alleviated that somewhat.

Now that's not a bad idea. I'll have to see if anyone is willing to do that :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bortjinx wrote: »
    Now that's not a bad idea. I'll have to see if anyone is willing to do that :)

I am interested in the digital deluxe edition so may be we can do a code swap. Before we go swap code, let me check if my local store has any remaining copy of the Collector Edition.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I am interested in the digital deluxe edition so may be we can do a code swap. Before we go swap code, let me check if my local store has any remaining copy of the Collector Edition.

If they do, send me a PM in game and we'll see about arranging something. In-game, I'm @bort1980.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]