test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ec Cap Issue (admin please read)

vejlanavengervejlanavenger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hi,

So basically long story short i bought 40 lock box keys with zen to transfer and get ec. i forgot however that there was a ec cap and after selling 40 lock boxes worth 1,275,000 each i did not get the remaining ec from the keys and so i am really worried.
Post edited by vejlanavenger on

Comments

• echuu007echuu007 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    if you didn't buy the 1bil ec cap or are not a gold member you won't get your EC
  • raptorgtraptorgt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    He is right, once you reach the EC limit the EC is gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vejlanavengervejlanavenger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That does not justify for me to simply give up. It really is not fair that happens because they dont even give you a warning that you are about to exceed it or do anything to help you or be aware in the regard. Its almost on the verge of scamming. 30 dollars that goes to pwe but i get nothing out of it.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the purpose of keys is to open lock boxes

if you speculate for EC you take a risk
    Live long and Prosper
  • vejlanavengervejlanavenger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how else besides transferring zen to ec is it possible to buy a 50 million ec ship when they set the limit to ten and dont even warn you that your are exceeding limit. I get th epoint o flock box keys but why else would they allow it so you could post them on the exchange
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

So basically long story short i bought 40 lock box keys with zen to transfer and get ec. i forgot however that there was a ec cap and after selling 40 lock boxes worth 1,275,000 each i did not get the remaining ec from the keys and so i am really worried.

yea its wrong on so many lvls. this happend to me once and all u ever get is a copy n pasted sorry tuff luck better luck next reply.

concidering real money has been used id not let the matter drop.

anyways yes there should be some sort of warnning that u reached ec cap.

i lost ec once i won a fengi ship and sold it for 80 mil and wondered why i had no ec for it.
    never got any of it back but what do u expect for the biggist crooks in the gaming world
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how else besides transferring zen to ec is it possible to buy a 50 million ec ship when they set the limit to ten and dont even warn you that your are exceeding limit. I get th epoint o flock box keys but why else would they allow it so you could post them on the exchange

buy the zstore ec cap upgrade its a must buy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So you spent enough Zen to buy 40 keys (so 4,000 Zen), and yet didn't think to spend 500 Zen to take off your cap first?

Fool... money... easily parted etc. I seriously doubt you'll ever see the excess 41 million EC.

Also, not knowing how a system works isn't a gameplay bug.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Reading this thread has reminded me to do something: Buy the flippin' EC cap increase.

To the OP: If you mouse over your EC total, it will tell you what the EC cap is. That you haven't the time or the effort to put into remembering that isn't Cryptic's fault.

It doesn't need to be displayed in 40 point flashing red type every 5 seconds that you're about to exceed your cap if you're actually paying attention.

Also, I agree with the above. Seriously, 5k ZEN for keys yet you can't spring for 500 to increase your EC cap? Priorities, son, I say, priorities....

FYI: It's 5k ZEN for 40 keys (125*40)

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    EC cap increase is the first thing I ever bought from c-store. It just was a common sense thing to buy first, I don't see how some people overlook this.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was just wondering if you go from gold to silver do you lose the gold cap ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can try calling your credit card company or paypal and file a dispute/do a charge back if you can. You won't get anywhere with pwe/cryptic. So if you feel you weren't informed enough/mislead due to lack of adequate warning about the situation and it costed you financially, then you can try that.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was just wondering if you go from gold to silver do you lose the gold cap ?

Yes, you lose the cap if you haven't bought it, but you get to keep your EC, even if they're above the cap. You just can't earn any more EC until you drop below the 10 million mark again.

@OP: I really hope you get a nice and compentent GM who will help you in getting your money back. They are a very, very rare species, though. STO pretty much has the worst customer support and ingame help in any MMO I've played so far. Rude, incompetent and not really willing to help.