test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen ship not sellable?

jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
edited January 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just bought the breen ship from Q's winter wonderland.

I have no use for it so I went to sell it on the exchange. It is in the unopened package.

For whatever reason, it says the ships it is bound to my character and I cannot sell it.

All over the description it says the ship is tradeable in it's unopened state.

I also could not find able on the exchange when I looked.

Is it no longer a sellable item?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by jake81499 on

Comments

• Options
    echuu007echuu007 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the breen ship is a no-trade item, look at the description again
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    echuu007 wrote: »
    the breen ship is a no-trade item, look at the description again

It still says this ship is currently packed and can be traded.
  • Options
    echuu007echuu007 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    it also says bound to character
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It's a bit of a shame it's not trade-able, but on the flipside, it's free so why should it be?

It's not free, it took 1000 pictures of Q and many days of work. A Console through Childrens toys is not free either and it's tradeable even though most of the consoles earned there are also useless.

There's a problem here. The discription says it's tradeable but it also says it's bound to charactor AFTER YOU BUY IT. It's a bug and needs fixed. If I'd known it wasn't tradeable (even though the discription says it is) I'd never spent any time in Q's winter wonderland after getting the snowman fight grind out of the way. Now I'll have to discard a useless ship that I worked hard for.

If the discription says it's tradeable then it should be tradeable. That's false advertising to lure us into spending hours of our time grinding away. I'm a paying 1000+ day veteran and I'm a bit peeved over this.

Many of the other ships we earn are also boxed and tradeable.

This is clearly a lure to a grind.
  • Options
    buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This was announced from the very beginning on the forums and the official announcement that the Breen ship is NOT tradeable and is Bind on Pickup. It was never a secret.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    This was announced from the very beginning on the forums and the official announcement that the Breen ship is NOT tradeable and is Bind on Pickup. It was never a secret.

Then the part in the description about it being tradeable needs to be removed and should have been removed from the very beginning.
  • Options
    getafix101getafix101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    what it's bound to charictor not Account Oh &^%^ %^%$ ..... wanted to send it to anouther toon so now have a usless ship for a toon, i must start readin the fine print before waisting my time on BS.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jake81499 wrote: »
    I just bought the breen ship from Q's winter wonderland.

I have no use for it so I went to sell it on the exchange. It is in the unopened package.

For whatever reason, it says the ships it is bound to my character and I cannot sell it.

All over the description it says the ship is tradeable in it's unopened state.

I also could not find able on the exchange when I looked.

Is it no longer a sellable item?

Thanks in advance.

this ship was never going to be tradeable dev posts etc... told us this before winter event even relased. its working as intended. whats no working as intended in the wrong description that says you ship in boxed up and can be traded while in this state.

it was copy and pasted and was not changed.

the breen ship is bind on pick up one per toon and can NOT be traded. nor should it. people would have made lots of toons just to run the race for ship the xchange would be flooded with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The announcement of the ship clearly stated that the ship could not be traded.
    It clearly states that the package is bound to character.

Yes, they should be more careful with their copypasta, but if you missed 2 blaring, screaming signals that the ship would not be tradeable and instead chose to focus on some tiny bit of print tucked deep in a tooltip in a game whose tooltips are notoriously wrong... Well... Sorry I guess but that's life.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=777921

Note these lines clearly stated in the announcement for the ship.

"NOTE: The above stats are subject to change. The box that the ship comes in, which cannot be opened until the minimum rank listed above, is bound upon pickup."

Which was then repeated by every interview, podcast, and piece of information on the ship.
    Plus it is even labelled in game.

They gave you a free ship for nothing more than a stupid 2 minute race for 25 days.

* Back of Hand to Forehead *
    Oh the grind ! Oh the humanity !
    Oh how they tricked us !

Or maybe , some of us actually read the information that was easily available about both the ship and the Winter Wonderland event, and knew from the start that this was intended to be bound. But essentially free.

FREE
    Merry Christmas.
    Happy New Year.
    Free ship, plus some easily obtainable new costume pieces.

Can we be done with the many variations on this post we have seen since people started getting their Chel Gretts ?

#nosympathy
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I don't hardly ever complain or even mention the bugs in STO. I don't really believe there are all that many real problems with errors and bugs. A mispelled word here and there, stuck inside the fleet base transporter walls every once in a while. No big deal. For the most part I've been pretty happy. If not I wouldn't be a paid 1000+ day member.

I can always put another storage boat to use so it wasn't a 100% loss.

Hopefully next time the Devs will be more careful with their descriptions.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It would have been nice if the ship was bind to account so you could hand it to an alt. however judging by the Q&A they may be coding up a use for old ships in your hanger that has your bridge officers piloting them so if your out in your science vestle you can stick an extra tack officer in the breen ship to dps with you. :D

in the mean time It is a pritty versital ship so could be useful for missions requiring more of a gunship loadout.
  • Options
    khisdragonkhisdragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What if the ship is not bound character, but is bound to account then we would have the chance to move as engineer or scientist the ship to a own tactics. That would be a compromise for all or.:)
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jake81499 wrote: »
    It's not free, it took 1000 pictures of Q and many days of work. A Console through Childrens toys is not free either and it's tradeable even though most of the consoles earned there are also useless.

There's a problem here. The discription says it's tradeable but it also says it's bound to charactor AFTER YOU BUY IT. It's a bug and needs fixed. If I'd known it wasn't tradeable (even though the discription says it is) I'd never spent any time in Q's winter wonderland after getting the snowman fight grind out of the way. Now I'll have to discard a useless ship that I worked hard for.

If the discription says it's tradeable then it should be tradeable. That's false advertising to lure us into spending hours of our time grinding away. I'm a paying 1000+ day veteran and I'm a bit peeved over this.

Many of the other ships we earn are also boxed and tradeable.

This is clearly a lure to a grind.

It is free, you didn't pay a cent for it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    khisdragonkhisdragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The support has responded to people who have said enough to change the shape of the same opinion would they change the shiff tradable or bound of character to account.

sry for my bad english.