test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

list of bugs/problems,please devs take a look

borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
edited January 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
hi captains/devs.

after reading the patch note's from today,i have decided to make a post about known bugs who are still not resolved.i truly understand that the devs are just back from vacation,and i respect that,but i also hope that the devs wanna read this.
i have some bugs and problems listed below.

devs: i hope you are willing to take a look and do something with it.

captains: feel free to add what i forgot!

bugs/problems:

inside the starbase defense (20 man) mission,the sound sometime's start lagging.
example: freighter group alpha away,while we are batteling the heavy vessels.
in my case,at the end it lags so hard,that i get a server disconnect,i hear more people about this problem/

in all the space stf's,normal and elite,are the borg still shooting inviseble instant kill torpedo's.
even with full shields and 98% hull remaining,i got killed,and not only i,many more.
or is 145739 damage normal inside a stf with full shields and hull?

when moving equipment from your ship to inventory,or vice versa,it take's a long time until it appears there.

sometime's when beaming down to new romulus,you fall through the ground,and you need to beam up and down again.

last nigh.and many other days,i get disconnected,and need to relog,ot need to wait until the connection is back.this is also a widely known problem.

this is all i can think of right now.
i hope that you devs can do soomething with it.

captains: if you encounter other bugs,feel free to post them here also.

but please remember: keep it respectfully,the devs are trying to do there work as good as possible,and believe me,i dont wanna walk in there shoes!

greets
Post edited by borgressistance on

Comments

• drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. server lags and disconnections - it's better after last two maintenance downtimes, but still
    2. crashes - on new romulus (beaming down) or during transwarp
    3. borg one-shot-kill-invisible-death-ray - it's a plague since what? season 5?
    4. in melee - bat'leth combos sometimes do not connect - no damage with third power slash/hack, animation still plays
    5. and one personal, why maintenance downtime always comes when I'm back from work, can you do it like 2-3h erlier?
  • deppadahunddeppadahund Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    MACO and OMEGA accolades do not unlock although the requirements are met therefore no costume unlocks after completion of the MKXII sets.

Epic Fail!
  • eskiss766eskiss766 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Honnor guard accolade and costumes too...can't select helmet
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    eskiss766 wrote: »
    Honnor guard accolade and costumes too...can't select helmet

Same here.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Transphasic Cluster Torpedo has some auto fire issues now. When on auto fire and the torp is ready to fire it does not fire the torp but instead the fire reload countdown starts again. Also clicking on a target with the mouse pointer is not causing my ship to start firing on the target have to click on fire all weapons buttons for auto fire to start working. These problems started happening today after the new patch.
    edited January 2013
    two more things:

1. plasma torpedoes sometimes disappear, witch makes them rather difficult to defend against, especially with heavy/high yield ones

2. STF's would it be possible that new players who didn't run any of them undergo some kind of tutorial mission explaining them the basics (like holodek sim) and they would have to successfully pass it to play real SFT's
    because today I saw what I thought impossible, but they managed to TRIBBLE infected manus in less then 2minutes, playing with such a "temamates" is not only frustrating but it's a waste of time
  • harbinger242harbinger242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. Beaming down to Qo'Nos from orbit takes you to the shipyard.
    2. Getting decloaked because someone talks. (Don't tell me it's "Working as intended", It's broken, just admit it, then admit you have no plans to fix it.)
    3. You can mail Boffs and Doffs but can't put them in a bank? Seriously?
    4. Consumables only stack to 20, but you can stack 250 warp cores in the same amount of space.
    5. Red Alerts are still broken.
    6. My pet Targ doesn't immediately attack and kill every stupid epohh it sees.
    7. The KDF Faction is helping the romulans instead of wiping them out of existence.

I could go on, but my blood pressure is beginning to rise...
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Chat system is borked and has been for weeks. Can't see half of what is typed.
    Lag issues where there shouldn't be lag
    Random disconnections changing maps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1. Beaming down to Qo'Nos from orbit takes you to the shipyard.
    2. Getting decloaked because someone talks. (Don't tell me it's "Working as intended", It's broken, just admit it, then admit you have no plans to fix it.)
    3. You can mail Boffs and Doffs but can't put them in a bank? Seriously?
    4. Consumables only stack to 20, but you can stack 250 warp cores in the same amount of space.
    5. Red Alerts are still broken.
    6. My pet Targ doesn't immediately attack and kill every stupid epohh it sees.
    7. The KDF Faction is helping the romulans instead of wiping them out of existence.

I could go on, but my blood pressure is beginning to rise...

8. beaming down to qonos causes game to crash some times.
    9 ever since patch ive had to turn all my setting down to low or off just to be able to play game cus the lag is so bad.
    10. no game breaking bugs are ever fixed. ( anyone who says there are no game brakign bugs, i call spending all day trying to get into a red alert that doesnt warp u out the second u enter game braking or the crippling lag. my computer canhandle crysis 2 with full settings it can handle this game.)

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Transphasic Cluster Torpedo has some auto fire issues now. When on auto fire and the torp is ready to fire it does not fire the torp but instead the fire reload countdown starts again.

A similar thing has been happening as long as I can remember with:

GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps

If you bind FireTorps to your spacebar in the same way you would bind (GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers)...say in combination with the manual shield redistribution...torps won't fire. They'll trigger their reload CD without ever firing.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Fixing bugs would require real work from them, something they are not accustomed to.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

If you bind FireTorps to your spacebar in the same way you would bind (GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers)...say in combination with the manual shield redistribution...torps won't fire. They'll trigger their reload CD without ever firing.

I did not bind my torps to the spacebar. I did not have any problems until this last update and I did not do anything that should cause problems. Right after the download and I started playing the problems took place and I don't know why.
  • dunmovyndunmovyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Respawn and no turn bug: Sometimes when you respawn in space, your navigation fixes on a foe for up to 2 minutes, you cannot turn or pitch, only accelerate towards a locked target.

Set skill Hotbar bug: Set skills such as breen siphon and borg tractor beam, will not stay on the hotbar, they disappear when entering stfs, Tau Dewa patrols.
  • braincagebraincage Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    D'Kora + Omega torp launcher = D'Kora fail. after a few minutes shooting, you cannot exit battle mode and your torps get "stuck" (animation and sound fire off rapidly, but no torp shoots). makes this game so much less fun. We work hard for these upgrades, considering i'm only a part-time player. Makes me not want to log in, because i KNOW they won't fix this for a year or more. Sad, really. the sheer number of bugs in this game is going to be its downfall.
  • braincagebraincage Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013

If I were a Dev after reading these two posts i would deliberately delay the fix.

These are real people doing a complex job managing multiple systems, trying to implement new changes and ensure existing assets still work whilst also trying to fix any broken assets. In the mean time they have to make a profit to maintain their jobs and their company and so keep STO alive for us the fans/customers (not all STO players are customers as some pay nothing ever).

If you don't like the game then quit and go play your elder scrolls whatever that is. Otherwise act like mature adults and offer constructive criticism and not like petulant children spitting out their dummies.
    Comments below are in yellow for clarity

I don't condone the things you quoted, but i don't condone your comments either. People are aggravated. Having certain bugs since SEASON 5 is a bit unreasonable. They make PLENTY of money, i'd be willing to bet, now they just need to get their fixes in, and a lot of folks would be willing to spend MORE money (myself included).
  • andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    other errors the Elite Fleet shields... making people near invincable, Tricobalt Mines and any Dispersal Pattern and the 1 crit to rule them all bug, and please for the love of all things trek fix the Scorpion Fighter hangar pet Recluse Carrier 24 fighters deployed bug... (this only works in the recluse Carrier)
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited January 2013
    hi captains/devs.

after reading the patch note's from today,i have decided to make a post about known bugs who are still not resolved.i truly understand that the devs are just back from vacation,and i respect that,but i also hope that the devs wanna read this.
    i have some bugs and problems listed below.

devs: i hope you are willing to take a look and do something with it.

captains: feel free to add what i forgot!

bugs/problems:

inside the starbase defense (20 man) mission,the sound sometime's start lagging.
    in my case,at the end it lags so hard,that i get a server disconnect,i hear more people about this problem/

in all the space stf's,normal and elite,are the borg still shooting inviseble instant kill torpedo's.
    even with full shields and 98% hull remaining,i got killed,and not only i,many more.
    or is 145739 damage normal inside a stf with full shields and hull?

when moving equipment from your ship to inventory,or vice versa,it take's a long time until it appears there.

sometime's when beaming down to new romulus,you fall through the ground,and you need to beam up and down again.

last nigh.and many other days,i get disconnected,and need to relog,ot need to wait until the connection is back.this is also a widely known problem.

this is all i can think of right now.
    i hope that you devs can do soomething with it.

captains: if you encounter other bugs,feel free to post them here also.

but please remember: keep it respectfully,the devs are trying to do there work as good as possible,and believe me,i dont wanna walk in there shoes!

greets

As bad as the game is right now, I just can't see making the time commitment it would take to do this.
    edited January 2013
    one more (I hope) thing
    still getting - fly forward with no control over ship bug - in STF's sometimes it lasts for a couple of seconds sometimes it takes minute or so to be back in action, so please make it a priority
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A few that haven't been mentioned yet:

1. when i transfer a toon over to Tribble, my Boff stations are missing. Not just empty but non-existent. Some ships in the shipyard have their boff stations available and some do not. it seems random by ship and by toon. It makes testing new builds very difficult.

2. When I switch ship and/or boffs, my skill tray gets all messed up. Some kind of save function would be be very helpful and profitable as well. currently I dont bother accessing different ships and builds because of the tray hassel. But if I could, I would buy more ships, equipment, weapons doffs, etc., and since I haven't maxed my ECs to anywhere near 1 billion, that means zen. Am aware this is a known issue but I'm hoping you will bump the fix up in the list of priorities.

3. Any reason why there is a limit to how far i can angle my ship up or down? why cant i do a loop for example. Getting to targets immediately above me is quite difficult if im in a cruiser or even sci.

Thank you! :)
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sonulinu2 wrote: »
    A few that haven't been mentioned yet:

1. when i transfer a toon over to Tribble, my Boff stations are missing. Not just empty but non-existent. Some ships in the shipyard have their boff stations available and some do not. it seems random by ship and by toon. It makes testing new builds very difficult.

2. When I switch ship and/or boffs, my skill tray gets all messed up. Some kind of save function would be be very helpful and profitable as well. currently I dont bother accessing different ships and builds because of the tray hassel. But if I could, I would buy more ships, equipment, weapons doffs, etc., and since I haven't maxed my ECs to anywhere near 1 billion, that means zen. Am aware this is a known issue but I'm hoping you will bump the fix up in the list of priorities.

3. Any reason why there is a limit to how far i can angle my ship up or down? why cant i do a loop for example. Getting to targets immediately above me is quite difficult if im in a cruiser or even sci.

Thank you! :)

Of the bugs I have seen THAT one is the one i wish to be fixed the most. For me it is the single most annoying bug in the game. I have many ships, many toons, and switch back and forth between ships quite often. Sometimes the trays stay the way I had them, other times it's like I just bought the ship with none of them where they were.

One other problem, albeit a minor one, that i've recently noticed is the Mask Energy Signature from the Honor Guard set. That button has a complete mind of its own. Place it in one spot and on the next map transition it turns up somewhere else. Remove it (since I never use it) and it's back again. Never does it go somewhere out of the way, but right in the middle of my rotation, so everytime I move maps it's unlock power tray, move ability, relock power tray. Yes not major, but annoying.

Edit: Oh and seriously, whose idea was the "set default shuttle/small craft" thing?? That really is the most poorly implemented feature I've seen put in-game so far. By any chance does that little gem have anything to do with the KDF mission "Keep Your Enemies Closer" and the utter inability to change anything at all on the shuttles? Talk about a pain in the rear mission becoming a nightmare.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2013

bugs/problems:

Server disconnects are constant, and it doesn't matter where you are. I've been in multiple STFs where I get disconnected.... and in the Tour the Galaxy, transferring maps, whatever....
  • scotsman22300328scotsman22300328 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    am sittin here like a TRIBBLE waiting for the map to load at the time of writing this im 1000+ seconds and still waiting to move maps to orith 2 surface

Really come on all this hassle since monday trying to log in to play at least 5 mins before server connection problems and it aint my internet provider :mad: