test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

update 7.1

origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
i realise that season 8 is coming out end of may. maybe june.

what i would like to know is when is 7.1 update coming out? d.stahl and other mods talk about season 8 and the annivarsary but nothing about 7.1 update.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

what i would like to know is when is 7.1 update coming out? d.stahl and other mods talk about season 8 and the annivarsary but nothing about 7.1 update.

It'll mostly be fixes and lockboxes/C-Store stuff until then I suspect, however, the 3 Year Anniversary is in February and there'll be some new content (and new ships) especially for that :)
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Star Trek Online doesn't have partial numbered updates. The only updates they have are patches that they bring out that are to fix up some things. The next patch will probably be Thursday or Friday and won't be much.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually, STO is currently at version 25.20121210a.14...

And as said above, you the incremental updates are really mostly patches... I seem to remember a Season 1.5, but that's the last time I've seen such a labled update as far as I remember...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There most likely will be one or two larger patches between now and 8. most notable is the 3rd year anniversary. dstahl mentioned that another starbase holding and rep system may be coming pre season 8

so if you want to call them 7.1 and 7.2 then so be it, but they wont officially call it that.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    anazonda wrote: »

And as said above, you the incremental updates are really mostly patches... I seem to remember a Season 1.5, but that's the last time I've seen such a labled update as far as I remember...

I'm curious...

Does this mean it's Patch/Version Number 25 that hit on 12/10/2012 ?

And what does the 'a.14' mean ?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Originally Posted by anazonda

My guess would be:

Main game engine branch/vesion: 25

'20121210a.14' - the current incremental build number with the date the build was done as
    part of it's name. the 'a' probably refers to it being the first build on that date (IE if they did a second build on the same day, you would see ''20121210b...' in that part.

All conjecture on my part though
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm curious...

The time in seconds they tested it before shoving it to Holodeck? :P
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My guess would be:

Main game engine branch/vesion: 25

'20121210a.14' - the current incremental build number with the date the build was done as
    part of it's name. the 'a' probably refers to it being the first build on that date (IE if they did a second build on the same day, you would see ''20121210b...' in that part.

All conjecture on my part though

Thanks... I knew what ever answer that came my way would be conjecture, unless BranFlakes or another Dev piped in...

I think I've seen a 'b' on occasion, so that makes sense.

I haven't really paid attention to the last number though, does it climb incrementally or just by leaps & bounds?
    jcsww wrote: »
    The time in seconds they tested it before shoving it to Holodeck? :P

I'd call it Hours at least....

After all..., it sometimes takes them a few extra hours to actually send the patch to us. ;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The last time they issued a patch, they had to issue the same or an updated patch 3 times.