test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Datachip - The Path to 2049, Vol. 8, Ch. 8

malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Cryptic -

Happy New Year ... now what's the deal with this Datachip - The Path to 2409, Vol. 8, Ch. 8?

I find it to be the most expensive chip on the Exchange, listing for upwards of 3mil EC and higher. I've been trying to get this chip since you started this collection event and ... I'm still waiting. Waiting is OK, but I'm not sure this chip is dropping correctly.

I double up on the rewards when possible and my schedule allows but still no joy. That's not what I see as the issue.

IMHO, something is wrong with the random calculator and this specific Datachip - The Path to 2409, Vol. 8, Ch. 8. Maybe it should be rare, or even very rare ... but this one seems ridiculously rare.

All I'm asking is please take a look at your event logs, drop histories, whatever it is that lets you see the frequency of this datachip. If it's working "as intended," then I'm cool with that and will simply pray harder. If you find something a bit off or imbalanced compared to other chips (yes, I understand maybe not all should drop equally; there should be a few with some rarity to them), please consider making an adjustment.

I noticed there are now Romulan datachips and I'm honestly a little excited to start working up that collection ... but this Path to 2409 have been a roadblock deadend for me for what seems like forever. Maybe there's something you can do.

Best regards and thank you for your continued efforts with STO.
Post edited by malnificent on

Comments

• Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Peeps are desperate for Energy Credits to get their grimy hands on replicated Commodities for their reputation projects.
  • Options
    thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is the only datachip I lack to be able to complete the overall accolade, as well.
    Like you I have been collecting since day one, often on multiple characters, and yet
    this chip continues to elude me.

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dont you mean 2409?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just a quick moment to Cryptic and the random table gods (isn't Bort one of these?) ...

Thank you !

I finally got this datachip to drop and have completed my 2409 accolade.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    jim625 wrote: »
    dont you mean 2409?

Yes i did, thanks
  • Options
    craig27#3117 craig27 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    @malnificent Well I have currently the same problem like you have before in getting this final chip,and it really seems like as if it is completly inbalanced like you said,and the frequency of it very or extreme rare,so I really hope that when one of the devs will read it that they will fix it and make this chip drops more frequently.

Thank you very much.

Additional not when you look currently in the exchange there is only one person right now,which is selling this datachip and before it was 100 million,now he put it inside for 50 million that is just crazy imao.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    When the OP mentioned "this collection event" I assumed that there must be something happening on Consoles, but then, I looked at the dates. Now, thanks to Netflix, the only word that comes to mind is "Glitch" and I imagine @craig27#3117 having an Australian accent...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I never knew there were people who actually cared about and actively collected these things :)
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Holy mother of all necros Batman!
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    WOW this has to be SOME kind of a record for necromancy.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Ah what are they good for again. I stopped after a year of getting the same ones over and over.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,333 Arc User
    @jodarkrider

We've recently seen a necro of two years old and now one of 4 years old. Why?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Dark wizardry is at work here quest - dark, dark wizardry indeed. Voldemort has nothin on this guy.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Who knew that Neverwinter's Scroll of Life would work all the way over here? ;)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I could also spam a +1 in here, but instead try to stay on topic and ask where I can check which datachips I already collected. Now and then I stop by the academy and do the mission, I figure my six year old character should have collected almost every issue by now but I can't figure out where the chips contnts are stored pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
This discussion has been closed.