Options

New Test Vendor for Reputation System - 20 December, 2012

2»

Comments

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher isn't part of the Romulan Singularity Harness. Works fine for it being a torpedo launcher that launches 3 torpedoes in a second or two. Not sure if Torpedo Spread is working.

Ah crud. Wrong item. Got swapped in the recent Rapid/Hyper mix-up that went Live.

If you would like to try out the Set Bonus, obtain the T4 Romulan Torpedo on Holodeck after Friday's patch, then copy your toon to Tribble. That item will have the proper set bonus intact.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Where is this test vender at?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    chaddy18 wrote: »
    I'll be at T5 in around 5-6 days. Best all be polished up for then :D

I'll be T5 in 60 hours, I would be only 20 hours away but I did not log in for about 36 hours and missed the projects completing..

So, yea, good luck with the polishing.
    :D
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is the Omega torpedo considered a plasma torpedo where the Reman/Romulan set is concerned? IE the Flight speed and defense for High Yield.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If this happens, just change ships out and back. The stations should return once you do so. This is the result of transferring characters from Holodeck to Tribble only.

Yeah -- not happening.

Changed ships several times. No Stations.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah -- not happening.

Changed ships several times. No Stations.

Do this: remove your engine, deflector and shield from the ship. Change to another ship, and equip them there. Switch back to the origin ship. This fixed it for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Are the stats on the Romulan set the final ones? From what I can tell, they are just weaker versions of the Reman set, with the same powers.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher isn't part of the Romulan Singularity Harness. Works fine for it being a torpedo launcher that launches 3 torpedoes in a second or two. Not sure if Torpedo Spread is working.
    It is working for me - I was just testing the set bonus with it and the console on and it worked fine.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kalani2 wrote: »
    Where is this test vender at?

it says it on the patch notes. ds9.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tested it during the Holodeck Patching, and not sure what to think.

The Adapted Set: Overall, its okay, just a copy and paste of the other side. But disappointed we couldn't mix the Adapted Set with the original MK12 sets.

Romulan / Reman Mk12 Set: I mainly tested the Romulan Set and found it either slightly better or en par with the MACO MK12 Set. But noticed that the Romulan 3-Piece BUFF kept going off, so I'm guessing that wasn't supposed to be happening. Also is these sets supposed to have a look?

Romulan Space Weapon Set: While mentioned above there was the wrong Torpedo, I found that Hyper Torpedo set from the vendor to be WAY over powered. The High Yield Impacts individually were as powerful as Tricobalts, and the Plasma DOT was able to cook a good 50% of a Borg sphere and 100% Borg Probes.

I tested against BORG on Elite Setting from the Assimilation mission (Space the Borg were same level) and while on a Chimera Plasma Beam boat, I literally was tearing up the Borg left and right. Only damage I received was plasma fires from my own weapons and the one Undine Plasma Torpedo that landed on me.

Romulan Flame Thrower: 2 Words: HOLY LAGSTORM!

Someone mentioned trying out on Borg, I did the same from the ground portion of the assimilation mission and while I found the effect to be weak.

EDIT: Arc commented the lag is already being looked at.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    maicake716 wrote: »
    THANKS! and hopefully itll be around for every season so we can actually test things :P

Or ... hopefully this may yet be the birth of a gear testing system that the players have been asking for for like forever ... -- as in :
    "I would like to buy that gun/engine/whatever , but I'd like to test it out first !"
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Haha, so now we have a - though visible - High Yield torpedo that can actually HURT those STF Borg a bit. *lol*
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    jlebeckjlebeck Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nice idea, as someone who doesn't do STFs or whatever to get this MACO gear, it's a good opportunity to just have a look for myself as to what it's all about and what to aim for on Holodeck.

I love the shiny polished ship effect from the MACO shields btw
    The Continuing Voyages of Bridge Commander
    Captain Lee Drake - USS Sovereign
    Captain Draxon - IKS RanKuf
    Commander Torenn - IRW Soryak
    Captain Gregory MacCray - USS Geronimo
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is there any way to get the Adapted ground visuals into the costume customization?

To see if there is any clipping/bugs in there?
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    From what i tested over a short period of time...

Adapted KHG engines slow increasing to max speed in sector space, warp field bubble is still blue (is this supposed to be blue or red?), similarly shouldn't kdf shields on hit produce a more red shield bubble? while feds are white (from the tv shows/movies :p)

Adapted KHG shield + plasmonic + engineer = happy power levels :D

Assimilated Borg Space Equipment icons still not Mk?; rather a borg insignia

Adapted Maco Ground set, uses the RED khg covariant icon, while everything else is maco BLUE

Adapted Maco space mask energy field, running on full aux + enhanced plasma manifold effective up to 3-5km, so it?s pretty much the same use as KHG set, not a full cloak, but has its uses (assuming you have full aux)

Romulan flamethrower eats FPS if viewed from third person view; the fps eating can be lessened if camera angle is facing sideways to the player (camera not looking at the majority of flame)

The main body of flame seems to have the same graphical FPS eating as the ?white tears in space? in some of the red alert borg attacks on sector space

Flamethrower secondary fire doesn't last 5seconds as the initial, cops out at 3seconds in

Question about pulse waves, regular fire now states it only hits 3 targets max? And regular pulse wave secondary 5 targets?
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    ukdivefireukdivefire Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Glad to see this implemented.

Not seen this mentioned yet, Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines Mk XII has the same tooltip, as the Mk XI, but stats wise the Mk XII delivers more flight speed, but nothing else. Not sure if that's intended or not.
  • Options
    thyuberdudethyuberdude Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sorry if im beating a dead horse but this should have been common practice on Tribble from the moment of its creation.. Every component and ship in game should be able to be obtained for free from a vendor so we as players can test it thoroughly before being implemented on the live server.

This could have prevented quite a few TRIBBLE ups.. If we would have had access to the Omega tier 4 shield regen passive from the day the Rep system came out we would have identified the bug way before anyone reached tier 4 on the live server and had it patched before anyone even knew about it..

That's just one instance where having instant access to all items and abilities on Tribble will allow us as testers to detect bugs glitches and possible mistakes early on and allow the dev team to fix them before anyone on the live server is ever made aware. ;)

So I give mad props for this change.. But I wish it would have been done much sooner and more widespread. I feel we as testers should have instant access to all abilities and items.
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread as I only searched for key words in reference to it but... the test vendor doesn't have the new Romulan Plasma weapons listed. Would be nice to have a full test with those in the lineup
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Been doing some tests with the romulan weapon set- and noticed the already identified issue of the hyper plasma torpedo not considering itself part of the set.

That being said, the torpedo is definitely very strong- perhaps too strong. There are some issues with it that I think need to be addressed:

1. When you activate it, it starts counting cooldown from that moment. So if it has a 30 second cooldown, it starts during the 6 seconds it takes to complete its firing cycle, rather than at the end of that cycle. This, coupled with even a single cooldown reducing boff means that the torp is available to fire 'more often' than a comparable high yield torp.

I'd suggest that the cooldown only start *after* the firing cycle completes.

2. Unlike when you use say, Torpedo High Yield 3 on a quantum, if you start firing the hyper plasma torpedoes and then turn away so that your target isn't in the line of effect for the launcher... you'll continue spawning the torpedoes (which will TRIBBLE out the back of your ship as you're flying and make their way to the target).

While this is a potentially cool effect that IMO could serve to be its own weapon (some sort of deployable kamikaze drones perhaps?), the torpedoes should only fire if you have line of effect- and should 'cut off' if you veer out of that line of effect, canceling the remaining torpedoes and skipping directly to cooldown.

Otherwise, the experiemntal beam array is fairly balanced- as it doesn't come in other weapon types, the lack of power drain is a minimal but useful advantage. Being a hybrid weapon is solid, and in conjunction with the romulan weapon set, romulan consoles and that setup, I think it has a lot of potential.

As for the Romulan space set, there are some considerations:

1. It's a direct copy, minus a single stat per item, of the Reman space set. The descriptive language is unchanged, and thus self-rederences as a 'reman set'.

2. Romulan technology, as evidenced by the set, uses forced quantum singularities. They don't have warp plasma. wtf does the set two piece boost particle generators?

3. I'd really rather the romulan set be billed as an actual 'alternate design path' compared to the reman set. So like, leave the items as is, but change some of the set bonuses.

The +plasma torp speed/defense bonus is fine, but as the Romulan experimental tech is, per storyline, borg inspired, I'd expect it to have a more offensive or engineering focus than the more sciency reman set.

To that end, maybe change out +Particle Generators to something like +5 power (to a subsystem), or maybe an engineering skill.

The Covariant Capacitance Cell is a very solid power, yes, but I don't think the reman and romulan sets should have identical 3 piece bonuses, even if I do really like the power itself. If the remans are more focused on science/stealth/defense, and the romulans on tactical/engineering/offense, then... idk. Maybe some sort of shield inverter, applying a 'negative' version of the capacitance cell onto enemies that fire on you? idk. It'd require work, but I think that as the new icnonic romulan set you'd at least have budgeted more work than just cloning the set and changing a few entries.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've tested the weapon and various stuff.
    -Flamethrower is great. It's a really fun weapon, and I hope it won't be nerfed.
    However, I found the 2nd power a bit underwhelming compared to the first power. I understand the "more AoE for less damage per shot", but it's simply better to move and have them all in the first power arc than using power 2. I though the power 2 would be a persistent ground aoe, with some CD.
    Also, borg adapt to plasma damage from flamethrower (really quick), but the flamethrower damage is not affected, as it should be. OFC, if the borg adapt so quickly to it, and you can't damage them once adapted, the flamethrower will become useless in STF. Even with the borg adaptation Omega bonus, they still adapt in less than a second. However, I don't mind using it only for non borg mission.

-Borg prosthetics : I tested the one with the more DPS. Kind of blast assault. I found the DPS being lacking. The power 2 do a lot of damage, but the 1 doesn't. Overall, except for damage spike from time to time, it's useless.

-Reman/Romulan set. I think the Romulan set is the same so we have an alternative look. I like it, the Romulan set give a greenish look to the ship, while the reman is more blue.
    The set is nice, and the shield power is very strong. I can't say if it's too strong or not, I just tested in normal mission and I found I was unkillable during its activation. But as I say, normal story mission are not really dangerous.
    I also found the plasma torpedo to shoot a bit to fast, and you make a torpedo string to the target most of the time. Maybe start the cd once the animation is over, and make the animation quicker ? Don't nerf the cd too much, because the dmg/torp is low, and they can be destroyed.

-Borg cutting laser/torp set. I found it very lacking DPS wise. Even with the combo tractor beam/cutting laser. The torp is nice, but the rest is not interesting IMO. Not enough damage, and almost useless against shield.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We've added a test item vendor to Tribble!
    • The purpose of this vendor is for the developers of Star Trek Online to be able to receive and respond to your feedback on these items and powers, without needing to wait until they are available on Holodeck, and without requiring max-level in the Reputation system.
    • With that in mind, some of the high-tier rewards that won't be obtainable on Holodeck for several weeks may require polish.
      • There may be some bugs and placeholder animations or FX.
    • Season 7 Test Items:
      • Players may now visit a contact on DS9 that will allow them to purchase many different items that would otherwise require high tiers of Reputations in order to obtain.
      • Several store inventories are available, and include old and new Omega and Romulan Space Sets, Omega Ground Sets, and all of the newly-introduced unique items associated with each of these Reputations.
      • There is also a TEST ITEM inventory which includes Consoles for space and Armors for ground that will grant players the powers associated with the Reputation Trees.
        • Different variants are available, and each contains different powers.
    • This vendor is only going to be available for a limited amount of time.

This is a great idea, but it is way, way too late.

Instead of putting this up on tribble, so you guys could tweak the Rep powers before it hits live.

It hit live, people made it all the way to T4 - got passive powers and then shortly after that the T4 Omega power got "adjusted" leaving many of your players confused and upset.

Now they have a power that has been nerfed, in a system with no clear respecs and no one is answering their questions on why this happened and why no respec has been provided.

Then, after that, you add the ability to test these powers on the tribble server. :confused:
  • Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if this problem has to do with the recent changes to Tribble or have been around longer but I just noticed this so I thought I should post this here. I apologize if this is the wrong thread.

Newly transferred toons to Tribble have a problem with the U/Stations window. No station slots are displayed and, of course, no BOFFs are displayed either. This also effects my space skill tray. Only special consoles and captain abilities are displayed and are useable.

I don't know if this is just a Tribble bug or something that I'm doing wrong or can be easily fixed. My 'old' Tribble toons (transferred just prior to Season 7 for the test weekend) are not affected by this and the Stations are accessible.

I have TRIED the following: relog, reboot, delete effected toons, re-import new toons, re-imported several/different new toons. Nothing works and the problem remains. I have done this now over a period of over 48 hours with the same results.
    Please help. I wish to experiment with different set ups for my toons before committing on Holodeck.

Thank you.
  • Options
    nikko#7691 nikko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    just change your ships multiple times and they will apear one at a time
  • Options
    goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can not wait to do some test on my toons..
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny