test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck in Warriors Hall

den3067den3067 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I complained about this a few months ago before season 7.
Why is it that this has not been addressed?

Stuck in Warriors Hall.

I can see a new STO customer dropping and quittin this game over an issue like this.
This is probably why there are not that many Klinks around.

How many time do I need to complain until someone fixes this bug in this game?
Post edited by den3067 on

Comments

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    den3067 wrote: »
    I complained about this a few months ago before season 7.
    Why is it that this has not been addressed?

Stuck in Warriors Hall.

I can see a new STO customer dropping and quittin this game over an issue like this.
    This is probably why there are not that many Klinks around.

How many time do I need to complain until someone fixes this bug in this game?

It isn't affecting everyone.

By chance, is this an old Klingon character of yours, ie. created pre-F2P? Have you completed the tutorial?
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm afraid to say, your character is screwed. My first attempt at creating a Klingon character fell victim to this bug, and after several days of back and forth with Tech Support, the only advice they could give me was to delete the character and make a new one. The second attempt did not fall foul of the bug, and I have been able to play him as normal.

I really wish they would address it, as I can see a lot of casual players who wanted to try out a KDF character being put off by this and not bothering to try another one, but for now your only option is to delete the character and start again. On the plus side, at least you haven't had a chance to actually do anything important with them yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    how are you stuck exactly details
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    how are you stuck exactly details

You cnat leave the room, no glowing doors, no transporting, no nothing. You are stuck plain and simple.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    you have to complete the toturial the bathleth thing then the doors allow you to exit
    you will pick up another toturial to talk to the person out side the hall then the doors with glow
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    talk to badly dressed lady standing on end of room
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you have to complete the toturial the bathleth thing then the doors allow you to exit
    you will pick up another toturial to talk to the person out side the hall then the doors with glow

That is what normally happens, however in rare cases like mine and the OPs, even after completing the bat'leth tutorial you remain stuck in the hall. The doors do not open, you cannot beam out. You can pick up as many missions as you can, but you cannot transwarp to the starting location, or do anything other than hail the contact. I was able to leave the hall via the PvE queue, but after the battle was over I was deposited back in the hall with no means of leaving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    diotw wrote: »
    That is what normally happens, however in rare cases like mine and the OPs, even after completing the bat'leth tutorial you remain stuck in the hall. The doors do not open, you cannot beam out. You can pick up as many missions as you can, but you cannot transwarp to the starting location, or do anything other than hail the contact. I was able to leave the hall via the PvE queue, but after the battle was over I was deposited back in the hall with no means of leaving.

i've never had such an issue you must remember to pick up the second toturial from her to leave but thats how it was for me 4 times now i hope its fixed for you guys
  • Options
    fmninja048fmninja048 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i've never had such an issue you must remember to pick up the second toturial from her to leave but thats how it was for me 4 times now i hope its fixed for you guys

http://i.imgur.com/gxQ4r.jpg

we'll get right on picking up that mission...

Ahh well, my new char is going in the bin it seems
  • Options
    kevinatticuskevinatticus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dan512 wrote: »
    You cnat leave the room, no glowing doors, no transporting, no nothing. You are stuck plain and simple.

New player I am and apparently as many others, I am stuck in this Warriors Hall with no means to leave or find a melee weapon. I contacted tech support, prompt reply, though as with a few other players, I was informed that I essentially needed to figure out what I needed to do or visit the forums sites. Alas, I have and apparently I will have to delete my Klingon character, may try again though I will not enter the Warriors Hall...:(
  • Options
    kevinatticuskevinatticus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lol, and now that me the new player wants to see if I can leave the Warriors Hall or just delete my character, apparently their was Shard maintenance (what is a shard?) and the patch leading to Engage has changed whatever Shard...Is their an easier way to launch the game then Patching every time?