test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Marks

chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Reputation System
Hello,

Are there any plans to make accumulating RM's any easier? I currently have 6000+ plus Omega Marks and 70+ Romulan Marks. This to me indicates that what I enjoy doing in STO won't help me much with Romulan rep projects. I have no wish to play with epohh's either. Could you guys either add more combat-oriented ways to gain RM's, or increase the amount of RM's rewarded for current non-epohh activities, please?
Post edited by chuckingram on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As long as non-combat ways to get OMs is added. Preferably by raising your own pet Borg or pets that use Borg as toothpicks. I don't care which.
  • chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You should have started your own thread.
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree. I have 7000 omega marks and 300 romulan marks. I do the the Patrol daily everyday. and the rescue mission twice and hour but the most you can get from it is 20. The red alert is broken so sometimes it takes a week just to find one that you can enter without if kicking you back out. I thought todays patch was suppose to fix it but it didnt. I dont like the ground mission thay take to long for to little marks like 10 to 15 marks. There needs to be mission slike the STF's that respawn every 30 min and pay out 50 -100 marks. I did Infected Elite today hit the optional and got 100 omega marks. There are no Romulan mission that do that. To get a Full Reman set and the full Romulan set you will need 2-3k marks and that number is impossible to hit.
    edited December 2012
    There are two types of people in the Reputation system. Those that have too many Romulan Marks and not enough Omega Marks due to Epohh Raising and an adversion to STFs and those that have too many Omega Marks and not enough Romulan Marks due to enjoying running STF after STF. If the devs satisfy one group of people, then they should satisfy the other group. Right now, I have about 2000 Romulan Marks while only 200 Omega Marks. So IMO, there is nothing wrong with gaining Romulan Marks by spending a couple of minutes each day doing epohh raising.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    There are two types of people in the Reputation system. Those that have too many Romulan Marks and not enough Omega Marks due to Epohh Raising and an adversion to STFs and those that have too many Omega Marks and not enough Romulan Marks due to enjoying running STF after STF. If the devs satisfy one group of people, then they should satisfy the other group. Right now, I have about 2000 Romulan Marks while only 200 Omega Marks. So IMO, there is nothing wrong with gaining Romulan Marks by spending a couple of minutes each day doing epohh raising.

And there's a third group, the few nutsos like myself who do everything and have plenty of both types of marks.

I'm sitting on 1,500 Romulan, and 1,100 Omega atm. I'd have more if it wasn't for the pure and simple fact that I bought the new set pieces that I could unlock and did ALL the store unlocks for both of em.

Remember folks, it might not be too bad now, with only two reps, but just think about the future, when we have 4 or 5, or more reps, it may not be very easy in the future to get those marks you need. STFs and Romulan marks are easily gotten, future stuff might not be.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited December 2012
    So IMO, there is nothing wrong with gaining Romulan Marks by spending a couple of minutes each day doing epohh raising.

I don't care what you think is wrong or not. I don't play STO to chase alien rabbits, and mine is the opinion that matters. That's why I posted my concerns in the "feedback" forum. Again, if you want to argue that your style of game play is superior, start your own thread, please.
    edited December 2012
    I don't care what you think is wrong or not. I don't play STO to chase alien rabbits, and mine is the opinion that matters. That's why I posted my concerns in the "feedback" forum. Again, if you want to argue that your style of game play is superior, start your own thread, please.

Your opinion only matters to you just like only my opinion matters to me, but trying to force people out of your thread because they say something you don't like is not cool. I find more problems with how people gain Omega Marks. Deferi Invasion is the only method for some players and it can be a nightmare. Romulan Marks has numerous methods to get for players with very different play styles while to get Omega Marks, the only reasonable method is Elite STFs. All I have to say is that your idea of making things easier is completely different from mine since nothing can be easier than spending a couple of minutes a day to get about 400 Romulan Marks a week.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Your opinion only matters to you just like only my opinion matters to me, but trying to force people out of your thread because they say something you don't like is not cool. I find more problems with how people gain Omega Marks. Deferi Invasion is the only method for some players and it can be a nightmare. Romulan Marks has numerous methods to get for players with very different play styles while to get Omega Marks, the only reasonable method is Elite STFs. All I have to say is that your idea of making things easier is completely different from mine since nothing can be easier than spending a couple of minutes a day to get about 400 Romulan Marks a week.

Heh... heh... hah... hah... heh... Thank you very much for that great laugh I just had. I really needed it. You sir, would make a wonderful comedian.

Getting omega marks is almost ludicrously easy. I have more trouble finding specific DOff missions than I do getting omega marks. And you are correct, the easiest method is ESTFs. So you just derailed your own argument with this. And there is nothing easier than spending 15 minutes of your time to slaughter a ton of borg, get 60-130 Omega marks, PLUS dil and BnPs and sometimes loot. It's easy. It's fun. And it pays well.

Before you comment on the nightmare of pugs, I will simply put this single statement out. PublicEliteSTF. Free channel. Decent players (for the most part usually competent). Usually pretty nice mood in channel as well. You go in, call for an ESTF, set it up, get your other 4 guys, 20 minutes later, you're richer in both OMs and BnPs, have a little more unrefined dil, and some loot (which means ECs).
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
    edited December 2012
    Your...

Mods, please. Why is this guy being allowed to behave this way?
    edited December 2012
    Heh... heh... hah... hah... heh... Thank you very much for that great laugh I just had. I really needed it. You sir, would make a wonderful comedian.

Getting omega marks is almost ludicrously easy. I have more trouble finding specific DOff missions than I do getting omega marks. And you are correct, the easiest method is ESTFs. So you just derailed your own argument with this. And there is nothing easier than spending 15 minutes of your time to slaughter a ton of borg, get 60-130 Omega marks, PLUS dil and BnPs and sometimes loot. It's easy. It's fun. And it pays well.

Before you comment on the nightmare of pugs, I will simply put this single statement out. PublicEliteSTF. Free channel. Decent players (for the most part usually competent). Usually pretty nice mood in channel as well. You go in, call for an ESTF, set it up, get your other 4 guys, 20 minutes later, you're richer in both OMs and BnPs, have a little more unrefined dil, and some loot (which means ECs).

Not everyone likes doing team based content. It can be more painful for them to join an Elite STF than the OP chasing after bunnies. Therefore, some people are forced to do Deferi content which takes much longer for those that solo. If you look at the content that gives Romulan Marks, then you have team based content, dailies, and epohh raising. Omega Marks is limited to STFs and Deferi Invasion. An Omega Marks version of the Tau Dewa Sector Daily in Gamma Orionis would certainly help players that have problems with STFs.

There might be something to make Romulan team based content more in line with elite STFs, but I have no clue what the devs use for their decision to determine how much Marks are given for each event so I won't comment on it. They could create an Elite version of Azure Nebula Rescue, Mine Trap, and The Vault missions that gives 60+ Romulan Marks.

Usually I don't have a problem with PUGs. There are a few that were nightmares, but most can be finished in 20 minutes. My comments are more about people that will never step into an STF rather than a personal issue with STFs. If I can do a bunch of elite STFs even though I would rather stay away from them, then others can do epohh raising for romulan marks.
    edited December 2012
    Mods, please. Why is this guy being allowed to behave this way?

I suggest you read the Forum Rules. As long as a poster doesn't break any of these rules, then they can post wherever they want as long as it has some relevance to the thread. I have not attacked your ideas or made any threats to you and I believe my posts have relevance to this thread so I can post here.
    edited December 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    edited December 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Actually now you are the one being malicious and self-aggrandising (that word doesn't exist btw) and preference based. He's actually following the spirit of this thread quite well. Even though he's not posting about RMs, both RMs and OMs are part of the reputation system, and other than the petty argument you started, he's posted almost exclusively on said reputation system and the method behind acquiring those marks.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Getting omega marks is almost ludicrously easy.........

Its not that its easier... its that its a LOT more fun to run ESTFs than to do the mind numbing grind that is what passes for repeatable missions in STO.

True, the STFs are the same as always, but when you pug them it adds an element of endless variety. I have seen almost everything, from the perfect Elite Cure Space run to someone griefing on KA and making it fail on purpose. Add in the extra damage and health pool of the NPCs and it can get very interesting. OTHER PEOPLE are the content in ESTFs, not so in the Romulan rep missions... those are just soul crushing grind.
    edited December 2012
    Azure Nebula Rescue (Space) - 15 to 25 Marks depending on performance
    Mine Trap (Ground) - 20 to 40 Marks depending on performance
    The Vault: Ensnared (Space) - 15 to 20 Marks depending on performance

Elite versions of these missions would probably be the easiest method for players that prefer STF content over other content.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Elite versions of these missions would probably be the easiest method for players that prefer STF content over other content.
    /signed +1.

Those missions take about as much time as an E-STF, but award half the Marks. If I could play an Elite version that paid out about the same as a run of ISE or KASE, I'd be down.

After the initial couple of days exploring Mol'Rihan for her accolades, the rest of the planet is a mind-numbingly boring grind... Spend 10-15mins "repairing" consoles or killing the same five-respawning open-world Tal Shiar officers to get 10 Romarks? I didn't sign-up for STO to pick-up dropped Engineering Reports. Ugh. :P

The space Patrol isn't as aweful, and when I want some easy point'n'shoots I'll faceroll through for the 50-ish Romarks that rewards...

Fortunately for me, for some reason I happen to enjoy Epohh Farming for Romarks, but probably only because it takes 5min a day and every 5 days I get 400 Romarks.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited December 2012
    I suspect the lack of RM STF-style content is the devs trying to force players to engage in New Romulus content. The fact is that if I found it fun AND rewarding I wouldn't need to be forced/manipulated into participating. Hell, I have 4 "go to New Romulus" missions that I can't drop in my Q, which says a lot.

With all the AAA games I have loaded vying for attention (and money) it just amazes that THIS games devs would risk loosing players by being so ham-handed.
    edited December 2012
    You know, I am ashamed to say this, but I only now realized this thread doesn't belong in the Fed gameplay subforum, but instead belongs in the GCF forum XD.
    edited December 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies .

And yes, there are Mods. ~Bluegeek
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2012
    I'll second the notion - Romulan marks are very easy to obtain. In fact for less than 1 hours work in total, spread across 10 days - you can have 400. Epohhs are ridiculously easy to utilize... so easy that I gave up doing the daily patrols.

So lets ignore Epohhs for the moment, and that after Tier 5, you really don't need to farm anything until CRYPTIC introduces something new...
    • Daily Patrol generates 60 - easily attained in 1.5 hrs
    • Daily Red Alert - 30
    • 3 Missions - 8-20
    • 5 Romulan planets side - 10 each,
    • Tier Missions 10-15 (1 at each Tier)

OMEGA and Romulan reputations are not equal - hence the lower Romulan marks rewarded. OMEGA has so much more to offer in terms of gear, consumables, etc.

Admiral Thrax
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Winter epohhs are easy game, but I have to visit for 4 days before I have enough tags to even start on New Romulus! Things will suck after January 14!

I think that the Tau Dewa patrol needs an hour cool down. Not a day! That would solve a whole lot. the planetside stuff is just not time efficient.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ...Getting omega marks is almost ludicrously easy...

The point isn't the "ease" of acquiring marks in terms of difficulty, you know. What is being discussed is the method of marks' acquisition.

The OP just wants more combat- and STF-oriented methods of getting marks. Which is fine; its his prerogative and opinion as a gamer. Personally, I'd rather jam a knife into my eye sockets then grind STF's; if I wanted to do something like that, I'd go back to WoW. Granted, it's quite irksome to do the planetside New Romulus stuff, but on the other hand it's not STF's...and that's good enough for me.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    self-aggrandising (that word doesn't exist btw)

Word-A-Day calender makers grumble incoherently as they recall thousand of missprinted calenders.......

I like the Epohh raising for RM's. Why do they need to make a newer way to do such an easy thing?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Again, if you want to argue that your style of game play is superior, start your own thread, please.
    It's an opinion thread. If you don't want to read opinions that differ to your own, start your own forum with strict membership restrictions.

Posting your point of view, and just expecting a line of "I agree" posts and nothing else is bordering on naivete/stupidity.
    edited December 2012
    dma1986 wrote: »
    It's an opinion thread. If you don't want to read opinions that differ to your own, start your own forum with strict membership restrictions.

Posting your point of view, and just expecting a line of "I agree" posts and nothing else is bordering on naivete/stupidity.

There are a number of posters here who need to read this. Thankfully many of them either don't post much, or stopped posting.
  • dnbndubdnbndub Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was thinking along these lines today.
    The Rom space missions are too easy and at the same time too time consuming.
    After doing them a few times it feels like a whack-a-mole grind, requiring little more than smashing your face off the space bar.

Mine trap can be fun and worth the time thanks to an average of 40-70 marks awarded. There def needs to be some STF style ground missions for Romulan Marks. Mine trap just isnt enough on its own. Some harder, more team/cooperation based space STF style Rom missions wouldnt go a miss either.

Untill then its going to be a case of doing STFs for fun/rewards and doing Rom missions just to fill the Rom reputation trees. Once they are full I doubt I will ever do Rom missions again.

Maybe Mine Trap.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Some of us don't want to farm stupid epohhs, I hate non-combat stuff, and dont have much doffs besides active ones and don't know much about how to the ones I do have other then the active ones.

I have been able to get everything else I need in this game while avoiding boring non-combat grinds like doffing and still have comparable loads of EC, dil and gear to people who do that stuff. I should be able to do the same with romulan rep.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited December 2012
    So what is stopping you? There is plenty of combat Romulan missions. The Epohh Raising amounts to only 50 to 80 Romulan Marks per day depending on Assignment crits. 60 Epohh Marks are guaranteed each day with the Tau Dewa Sector. Therefore, the only real complaint about Romulan Marks is players can't get a ton of them in one day.

There is none of the valuable items in the Romulan Store. At Tier 5, there are two space sets that are almost identical, a bunch of consumables, a space weapon, an ultra rare hangar pet, and a weapon that was taken out because it wasn't ready. Just got to Tier 5 today and I am done with Romulan Reputation. With the Omega Reputation, I still have 2 more ground sets to grind for. Might just do Romulan content so I can turn it in for the dilithium. I find the main difference between Romulan Marks and Omega Marks is that Romulan Marks is gradual content while Omega Marks can be burst content depending on player style.

I just can't understand the complaint about not having enough Romulan Marks since there is not much to spend Romulan Marks on compared to Omega Marks. To get the Mk XII sets in the Romulan system you need 4500 Romulan Marks, but since the sets are too similar, then most will only spend 2250 Romulan Marks on it. Including the space weapon and ultra-rare hangar pet that is 2990 Romulan Marks since there is no real reason to get both. If you want to get both space sets, then that costs 5240 Romulan Marks. To do the same thing for the Omega Reputation, it will cost about 17,000 Omega Marks. That includes all 3 Mk XII STF Ground sets, all 3 Mk XII Space sets, costume unlocks, and the Mk XII Borg set.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    So what is stopping you? There is plenty of combat Romulan missions. The Epohh Raising amounts to only 50 to 80 Romulan Marks per day depending on Assignment crits. 60 Epohh Marks are guaranteed each day with the Tau Dewa Sector. Therefore, the only real complaint about Romulan Marks is players can't get a ton of them in one day.

There is none of the valuable items in the Romulan Store. At Tier 5, there are two space sets that are almost identical, a bunch of consumables, a space weapon, an ultra rare hangar pet, and a weapon that was taken out because it wasn't ready. Just got to Tier 5 today and I am done with Romulan Reputation. With the Omega Reputation, I still have 2 more ground sets to grind for. Might just do Romulan content so I can turn it in for the dilithium. I find the main difference between Romulan Marks and Omega Marks is that Romulan Marks is gradual content while Omega Marks can be burst content depending on player style.

I just can't understand the complaint about not having enough Romulan Marks since there is not much to spend Romulan Marks on compared to Omega Marks. To get the Mk XII sets in the Romulan system you need 4500 Romulan Marks, but since the sets are too similar, then most will only spend 2250 Romulan Marks on it. Including the space weapon and ultra-rare hangar pet that is 2990 Romulan Marks since there is no real reason to get both. If you want to get both space sets, then that costs 5240 Romulan Marks. To do the same thing for the Omega Reputation, it will cost about 17,000 Omega Marks. That includes all 3 Mk XII STF Ground sets, all 3 Mk XII Space sets, costume unlocks, and the Mk XII Borg set.

It's more that people are inpatient and/or not that smart.

I was never not able to advance the Romulan rep due to mark shortage. Plus, I am not even sure why they care, I just want the abilities really. Other than the crit console which you can get at like tier one, the gear, consumables, and weapons are not that intriguing compared to what is available elsewhere. The embassy has the threat consoles... so really who cares about Romulan gear?
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »

I like the Epohh raising for RM's. Why do they need to make a newer way to do such an easy thing?

New Romulus, or Q's Winter Wonderland?

The winter wonderland is great, and I have really benefited from it.

New Romulus has me getting one tag a day solo, but I do get more with a group. Then I have to accumulate data, and that takes 4 days. So going to New Romulus every day for a week or so, and I can start an epohh. The thing of it is, I like doing other things. Just about any other thing. It still isn't a headache like radiation scanning!

I have not gotten a single epohh pup from New Romulus.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009