test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 27, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, December 27th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. There will not be a new patch this week and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    Just maintenance, no patch notes?

Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, December 27th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. There will not be a new patch this week and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Just maintainance
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm assuming that we'll get more patches after the holiday. :)
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Being that we've gotten a patch every week now for several weeks, i'd like to assume that the very next patch will be somewhat larger than expected (since this weeks maintenance doesn't include a new patch).
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • radioactivealexradioactivealex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hopefully they fix these issues the game has been having lately.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hopefully they fix these issues the game has been having lately.

Not this week.... :mad:
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hmmmm... No patch notes eh? Probably due to the Devs Christmas break.
    edited December 2012

no patches at all (hence no notes.)

Maybe they're having the devs actually play the game so they can experience the same pain we're going through (like STO crashing my system FIVE TIMES TODAY.) Maybe then they'll fix the major problems.

Edit: Make that SIX times today STO crashed my computer (4 of them in roughly a 30 minute window.)
  • mastershimastershi Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Could it be a possible Cornflake Nerf coming out? idk just ranting :)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012

Bingo! :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited December 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So this pretty much puts to rest the rumor that The Devs are actually sweat-shop programmers chained to computer desks in a code-factory somewhere over-seas and the "Dev Posts" are just clever PR by Brandon. :o

That leaves the rumors that The Devs are actually an infinite number of monkeys or other intelligent simians on an equally infinite number of computers banging out code. See, PITA insists that all animal "employees" get time off equal to that of a "typical human worker." :rolleyes:

We'll have to debunk that one later, I'm busy STF'n. Happy Impending New Year everyone. :cool:
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    themarie wrote: »

That leaves the rumors that The Devs are actually an infinite number of monkeys or other intelligent simians on an equally infinite number of computers banging out code. See, PITA insists that all animal "employees" get time off equal to that of a "typical human worker." :rolleyes:

I highly doubt that is true. I mean, if cryptic had those kind of resources, I am sure they could not only finish the Klingon faction, but probably get the Romulan and Cardassian factions out as well. In actuality I am sure the number is closer to a few thousand or so. :P
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    this is probably related to the connectivity issues we've been experiencing this week....so, backend maintenance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We did get a patch this week, but they crammed it into last week's so we could have it over the holiday weekend - hence the huge patch list last week.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Being that we've gotten a patch every week now for several weeks, i'd like to assume that the very next patch will be somewhat larger than expected (since this weeks maintenance doesn't include a new patch).

Or it could be that the Cryptic offices are located in an area where Christmas or any variety of Winter Holiday is observed and as such was either mostly closed or staffed by a skeleton crew and as such there wasn't any patch work done.
    edited December 2012
    I highly doubt that is true. I mean, if cryptic had those kind of resources, I am sure they could not only finish the Klingon faction, but probably get the Romulan and Cardassian factions out as well. In actuality I am sure the number is closer to a few thousand or so. :P

:D

So we can put the rumor that Cryptic is actually run by a bunch of trained chips to rest? :P
  • bronbron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So there will still be a patch before the event ends? I was hoping only one patch before it ends, but dang.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bron wrote: »
    So there will still be a patch before the event ends? I was hoping only one patch before it ends, but dang.

what event?
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    what event?

The winter wonderland event...
    In game: @vividh
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

let them know we found several new HUGE bugs they need to fix :rolleyes:
  • blackrider22blackrider22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Am i the only one that cant change my bridge layout or the look of my ship its really bugging me now.
  • holyhelmetholyhelmet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    fadmbambam wrote: »

Maybe they're having the devs actually play the game so they can experience the same pain we're going through (like STO crashing my system FIVE TIMES TODAY.) Maybe then they'll fix the major problems.

Edit: Make that SIX times today STO crashed my computer (4 of them in roughly a 30 minute window.)

The game never crashes on me and not on my friends either. Maybe you should do maintanance to your computer.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    If I had to make a guess, I would think that the maintenance is to turn off the current sale in the C-Store, which is scheduled to end today.

Hopefully that will also result in some after-Christmas sale? :D
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    fadmbambam wrote: »

Sounds like you're overheating. Don't blame STO - take the side off your computer and clean out all the dust. I bet it's monumentally filthy in there!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    The server was behaving quite nicely actually, I wonder why there is a need of meowntenance at all if there is no patch. Oh well, it's just three hours (two plus the usual delay, lol). :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
    edited December 2012
    holyhelmet wrote: »
    The game never crashes on me and not on my friends either. Maybe you should do maintanance to your computer.

I'm glad for you.... but just because you're not having problems doesn't mean that others aren't. There are multiple threads about this and PWE knows that they created this problem starting with Season 7.
    edited December 2012
    topset wrote: »
    Sounds like you're overheating. Don't blame STO - take the side off your computer and clean out all the dust. I bet it's monumentally filthy in there!

no, I'm not overheating. It's a serious BUG in STO when they released Season 7 that has affected many people.

Edit: Some people even complained about it on the Tribble server BEFORE S7 was released.
    edited December 2012
    argent007 wrote: »
    this is probably related to the connectivity issues we've been experiencing this week....so, backend maintenance

That issue has been happening for a while - it's just worse sometimes. (I probably got disconnected four of five times yesterday - sometimes within minutes of logging on.)
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    mayby they just fix server side bugs and improve stability it whould be possible they got new servers as christmas present :P
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Probably not going to see a big patch until Winter Wonderlands done.
This discussion has been closed.