test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items Posted on Exchange Not showing up ???

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a bunch of spare Doffs posted on the exchange to get rid of and have priced them cheaper than any others that show up in a search, yet they do not appear in the exchange for sale.

I have asked if anyone else is having the same issue in the DOFF Chat Channel and was told by someone they were having the same problem. They should all be coming up in the search first in line using the "Sort By Price" filter which gives you the cheapest first.

Can anyone shead some light on this issue?

Seems to just be happening with Doffs as I have other stuff posted for sale and can see those.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this bug in the exchange is there some time already, its reported but no official news from criptic that they know its here and or if they are looking into it.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    daqhegh wrote:
    I've noticed a number of times when I post something on the exchange it doesn't show up the next day when I do a price check. Is there a new limit on the amount of time items are searchable?
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=257411

Someone made the above post at that link mentioning the same issue in another thread.

It evidently affects more than just Doffs.

The thing is I periodically seem to sell one of my Doffs even though I cannot see it on the exchange.

Strange?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I've been experiencing this issue as well. Very frustrating, especially since I'm at 100 doffs and will have to clear room to relist them. Kind of funny though how one stupid bug can throw off the economy like that...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It has to do with how the exchange is coded. The system only pulls a max of 400 returns per search.

If you don't apply any filters to your search and just search by name it will provide a set of results based on the first 400 things that match that criteria in some form or fashion. (it is sort of a mystery how these results are chosen and has to do with how the exchange is coded and the algorithm used to obtain these results) If you apply filters to your search, it will give you a different set of results based on your filter(s). Again, it just pulls the first 400 results that fir the criteria based on the algorithm.

Unfortunately the code for the exchange isn't something that can be easily changed/ modified at this point as its tied to several systems from my understanding. I know its not what you'd like to hear but it is what it is. When trying to find items you post use as many filters as possible in addition to typing out the fulll name of the item you are searching for.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    yes, that is true. Unfortunately with Doffs, aside from quality (which still returns 400 everytime) - there's not really any useful criteria one may use to limit the search.

A seemingly easy remedy would be for the devs to swap the first two informational lines on the duty officers. This would make the specialty the first line and the doff's name (which is all but useless in a search) the second line.

This method is more or less how bridge officers are listed so I'm unsure why it was changed with the doffs.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    When ever I post 'Common' DOFF at the cheapest price on the Exchange, I never have any problems seeing them... The search criteria I use is

<Item Line Blank>
    Sort by Price
    Lt.
    Common
    DOFF Officer...

The more selections you leave to 'Any' or 'ALL', the greater the odds that the Exchange search will stop after seeing 400 matches (or paritial matches) and skip your listing...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It has to do with how the exchange is coded. The system only pulls a max of 400 returns per search.

If you don't apply any filters to your search and just search by name it will provide a set of results based on the first 400 things that match that criteria in some form or fashion. (it is sort of a mystery how these results are chosen and has to do with how the exchange is coded and the algorithm used to obtain these results) If you apply filters to your search, it will give you a different set of results based on your filter(s). Again, it just pulls the first 400 results that fir the criteria based on the algorithm.

Unfortunately the code for the exchange isn't something that can be easily changed/ modified at this point as its tied to several systems from my understanding. I know its not what you'd like to hear but it is what it is. When trying to find items you post use as many filters as possible in addition to typing out the fulll name of the item you are searching for.

your wrong, I have it also with the box - red, and there are only +/- 40 on the exchange.
    I try to sell 1, its a common: box - red, seach for it, don't find it. change filter to any I find my box.
    The problem is not with the common items, but with the very rare. Those you will almost never find on any (if from the item also common, uncommen and rars are).

I know how the exchange works, made and spend close to 900 mil ec on the exchange. How it now is its not working properly, and for me (and some fleet mates) working the exchange is the same as doing doff missions. And if the doff system is broken or even make a error, people wants it to get fixed.
    This error in the exchange is there now for about 4/6 weeks, before that its worked perfect, so its a bug.
    The code worked for 2 years and now you say "Unfortunately the code for the exchange isn't something that can be easily changed/ modified at this point ", thats $%#$%# (don't want a ban).
  • Options
    edited March 2012

it has nothing todo with the limit. for some items (e.g. 1 hour skill bonus) it shows 100+ (but less than 400) for any quality and about 30 for green quality (given the full name of the item and the item only belonging to one rarity category). it just produces inconsistent results based on search criteria even when the result set is less than 400 and should be the same. other examples: galor, starship console requisition, fractal remodulator ....

i can confirm it stop working 4 to 6 weeks ago and started to produce inconsistent result sets.
  • Options
    sleepingowlsleepingowl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've got this issue now and it is so frustrating..... I didn't have this issue until Season 7 was introduced.:mad: