test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game very slow

ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Heyall,

For the last 24hrs or so it has been very difficult for me to play the game, as the connection keeps dropping, or moving between instances is taking forever. I have played some other MMOs in the meantime and they have been fine. Is anyone else experiencing issues at the moment, or is it just me?
Post edited by ericshatner on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sounds like theres an issue somewhere between your computer and the access to the STO server.

My games runs great.

You can't really compare to other online games, as they likely use both different protocols, as well as different routing.

Locally, think about:
    • Have you installed new software/drivers in the past 24 hours?
    • Set up new harware in your network (Router, switch ect.)
    • Have you enabled or changed settings on AV or Firewall?

If neither of the above is true, you might want to try to reroute your signal through either the US or EU proxy
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have made no additional changes whatsoever. The problems started to manifest themselves, perhaps coincidentally,with the forum problems from yesterday.

If this occured normally, I'd shrug and come back to things in a few days, but I want to get the winter dailies done...
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you got a router, have you tried resetting it? Sometimes resetting your internet connection helps with slow connections.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Heyall,

For the last 24hrs or so it has been very difficult for me to play the game, as the connection keeps dropping, or moving between instances is taking forever. I have played some other MMOs in the meantime and they have been fine. Is anyone else experiencing issues at the moment, or is it just me?

Buy a NEW PC, stopping using Windows MT :P

Just messing with you.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have made no additional changes whatsoever. The problems started to manifest themselves, perhaps coincidentally,with the forum problems from yesterday.

If this occured normally, I'd shrug and come back to things in a few days, but I want to get the winter dailies done...
    If you got a router, have you tried resetting it? Sometimes resetting your internet connection helps with slow connections.

What Azurian said... Still... I believe switching proxy would probably solve your issue.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    the only thing that is too slow for me are certain Doors in STO (i always, even with the best ping hit my head against Doors that won't open early enough)

and the Account Bank reacts with huge delays (of 5+ seconds) for a week or so now,

everything else seems fine from here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]