test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why wasn't the Ground Power Tray not fixed?

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
edited January 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just logged on to find that the annoying problem of the Ground Power Tray has not been fixed.

For instance, you change items in any of the Device Slots, the corresponding Device Slots in the Power Tray either appears in a different location or not at all. Thus wasting time in having to find them and to use them, then switch back.

Also, when are we going to See Tachyon Harmonics fixed?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why wasn't the Ground Power Tray not fixed ?

Because they have still not gotten around to fixing Auto Fire .

Probably never .
    See , I've heard that one of the new kits that will be available through the Rep system will have a higher Mark Tachyon Harmonics .
    That means that in true Cryptic style , they nerfed the old one to make the new one attractive-yet-not-op .
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Because they have still not gotten around to fixing Auto Fire .

Probably never .
    See , I've heard that one of the new kits that will be available through the Rep system will have a higher Mark Tachyon Harmonics .
    That means that in true Cryptic style , they nerfed the old one to make the new one attractive-yet-not-op .

Or the now defunct Num Enter keybind or the One Shot your dead issue in the Borg space STF?s.. I am sure the list of bugs with items that never were a problem in the old season has got to be huge!

Cryptic by NOT at least acknowledging that these bugs exist you feed the idea that you just don?t care?
    And if you don?t care why should the player base..
  • garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've been having the same problem, I think...
    This what I've been experiencing: http://i.imgur.com/sqrRC.png?1
    This happens to all the slots. I've been trying to change around, drag and lock but it doesn't fix it.
    I find it frustrating when I go to an STF or a different map that requires different devices and I have to keep dragging everyting to the tray, over and over again... :(
    Can someone help?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aspheasphe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Misery loves company.

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Depending on the slot, you have to bring up the 'Available Powers' window and re-drag stuff every time I change anything.

Discharge a BOff? Release a ship? Rename a ship? Change to another ship and back again? Odds are you'll need to redo your space Powers Tray. I think the only reason we don't have this for the ground Powers Trays is because we only change kits.

At least changing kits doesn't get this problem... or if one of you has that problem, try not to hurt your fist as your punch your monitor.
  • texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just logged on to find that the annoying problem of the Ground Power Tray has not been fixed.

For instance, you change items in any of the Device Slots, the corresponding Device Slots in the Power Tray either appears in a different location or not at all. Thus wasting time in having to find them and to use them, then switch back.

I am having trouble with this as well. My weapons' number 2 slot is empty instead of what should be there and my items show up randomly in different trays when equipping. This is quite annoying. :(
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I swear with my tray, when I switch weapons from STF gear types, to winter guns, and then back, that my MACO abilities like to 'climb' the tray ladder, so to speak, where one time it was on 4... the next line 5... and up to line 8 as of late. Same for my consumables, after I use em up for rep xp, then buy new ones, the consumables (hypos and shield units,) also 'climb' the tray ladder.

I wonder if some of the missing buttons, come down to the ladder having been 'climbed' to the point that they ended up on line 11 or more, which doesn't exist, and so on and yada ergh blech...

what's wierd, is my kit abilites seem to still remember, when I switch from Eng Fabricator, to Enemy Neut, 'those' abilities remember, like they are supposed to. I wonder if stuff like consumables, special abilities, and pets, are all buttons that aren't being anchored in code properly. Just a thought. One that hopefully leads to a dang fix, cause this one is annoying. :(
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is getting annoying. When in a hurry to grab some snowballs because the snowman attack just started I have to waste time finding the snowball attack which can end up anywhere between tray 4 and tray 10. I have my skill tray expanded to the max of 3.

It also effects my space power tray to an extent. For some reason the Breen Energy Siphon power from the Breen space set will move to the top tray at random times when switching maps instead of staying where I have it. This has been happening since season 7 launched, before they changed the name to "Breen Energy Siphon". I hope they get this fixed soon. It's driving me crazy.:mad:
    edited December 2012
    Checking the thread if someone has responded or at LEAST know of this issue and planning a fix on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are you talking about this new bug if you guys are just reset the BOFs to there spots this should reset it mine has not messed up since.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
    edited December 2012
    xcom43 wrote: »
    Are you talking about this new bug if you guys are just reset the BOFs to there spots this should reset it mine has not messed up since.

Ground Powers Tray. Not space.
  • gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have the same problem with specific skills in the Space tray, as well. Not all of them, just certain ones like Gravitic Anchor from the Omega space set.
  • deianirrahdeianirrah Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's all the set abilities one can activate for me - at least on my main char:

- be it the Quantum Focused Shield Bubble of the three-piece set on my Vesta or the
    - Integral Frequency Remodulator and the Distortion Field from my Omega ground set

Either these abilities vanish from the tray and I have to place them back manually from the Available Powers (Space) or they simply switch places (Ground). Both is an annoyance and borks up any keybinds.
    The passive abilities these sets grant do work, though.

@garakfan84:
    I had the same after I did drag the Frequency Remodulator ability on one of my toons to a slot closer to my firing button (C1 or C2, I think). As the FR sits in one of the item slots, there was a free space there and I set all the Hypos, Nanites and Tribbles to one lower slot. After getting the Integral Frequency Remodulator from the set, I simply had to drag and drop all the abilities from the character window to the UI task bar again, in the proper order.
    What bugs me more is the Reputation system getting the Hypos it needs from my character first - and only then the Inventory...

Taskforce 47 Falkenwacht (Federation) / Greifenreiter (KDF)
    (at) deianirrah
    Free Gear and where to get it
  • deachetdeachet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    21/12/2012 and still no bug fix.

Any idea?
    deianirrah wrote: »
    It's all the set abilities one can activate for me - at least on my main char:

- be it the Quantum Focused Shield Bubble of the three-piece set on my Vesta or the
    - Integral Frequency Remodulator and the Distortion Field from my Omega ground set

Either these abilities vanish from the tray and I have to place them back manually from the Available Powers (Space) or they simply switch places (Ground). Both is an annoyance and borks up any keybinds.
    The passive abilities these sets grant do work, though.
    edited December 2012
    I've noticed another problem that happens on occasion: sometimes a ground passive ability will actually appear, unuseable, on 1 of the skill trays. Usually between tray 4 and tray 10 since those are the trays I don't have open. I have my trays set to the max of showing 3. This seems to happen usually when I gain a new passive ability either from an accolade or the rep system. :confused:

I'll try to get some screen shots next time this happens to show what I'm talking about.

Also something strange happened shortly after season 7 launched but only happened once. I was doing the new Mine Trap PVE mission and for some reason I had a tribble on my skill tray that I did not, or ever did, own. It seemed useable but I wasn't able to try and see if I could use it due to the enemies that kept popping up. After I was killed and respawned, the tribble icon was gone.
    edited December 2012
    Unusable powers in your Ground tray? For example the '700 day veteran boff' power. That sometimes replaces one of my STF 3 set bonus power. I had no idea that was a possible power.

Really wish Cryptic would just turn off the auto-populate 'feature'. And let us choose the slots in which we put our ships instead of auto-arranging it every time we rename/discharge a ship so we don't have to redo our powers tray.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think there is a UI Save command, but it would be nice if there was a Save / Load button for the UI and we call up the UI settings for that ship.

Anyhow, seems they got part of a UI fix on Tribble, but not sure if that same build was also used for this latest Holodeck build. And afraid the NumEnter key situation still not fixed.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    this might shed some light on the situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF_TDeQ1SEQ&hd=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    this might shed some light on the situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF_TDeQ1SEQ&hd=1

Yeah I noticed that a couple weeks ago by accident and forgot about it until now. You can right click on an empty slot on a power tray and "remove/move" something that isn't there. I kept doing this for a couple minutes and noticed that after doing it once or twice on the same slot there would be nothing invisible left to remove. For me the icon showed up as a tiny square white dot when right clicking an empty skill tray slot. Perhaps this is part of the problem or maybe even the start of a solution for them to track it down.

Edit: And looking at your video when you equip an item in your device slot it makes an invisible copy of that item in the other empty slots on your skill trays. o.O
    edited December 2012
    So for example, you wish to swap devices.

1. Remove current device.
    2. Empty the ex-current device's position in the power tray (It only LOOKS empty, need to right-click and drag it off still)
    3. Add in the new device. IF there are no other empty spots on your power tray, it SHOULD appear where the previous device was.

Not that long ago, I just swapped devices. Just a single step process. At this rate, by next Christmas I will need to also slather my ship's hull with targh blood, solve "P vs NP" and bring about peace in the middle east.

I'm sure, somewhere, someone has a plan to introduce an additional 4 personal device slots for 1000 zen each. And all this is to prepare us purchase it without hesitation.
    edited December 2012
    UPDATE:

Finally managed to get a screenshot of a passive ability in my skill tray.

Just before posting this I completed a fleet action and went to Earth Spacedock and noticed I had an icon on my skill tray that wasn't there before I did the fleet action. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier with the skill tray acting wonky. Passive abilities can't be placed on a skill tray, at least not manually, and it happens to me at random times. The passive ability I had on my skill tray I obtained a few days ago so it doesn't happen right after gaining a new accolade which grants a new passive ability, though it seems this was the most recent passive I earned.

Screenshot as proof. screenshot2012122622484.jpg

Edit: The funny thing is this is a ground passive and the fleet action I did was space.
    edited January 2013
    Is this going to be fixed soon? The power tray problem has been there since season 7 launched on November 13th, almost 2 months ago.
    edited January 2013
    deianirrah wrote: »
    @garakfan84:
    I had the same after I did drag the Frequency Remodulator ability on one of my toons to a slot closer to my firing button (C1 or C2, I think). As the FR sits in one of the item slots, there was a free space there and I set all the Hypos, Nanites and Tribbles to one lower slot. After getting the Integral Frequency Remodulator from the set, I simply had to drag and drop all the abilities from the character window to the UI task bar again, in the proper order.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried again to mess with it but I can't just seem to get it to work, I don't know what to do anymore.
    This problem happend after S7 when I decided to change the order of my devices in the Character menu. Once I did that the green line that appears in the UI around the devices was gone and the problem started where I have to keep dragging everything from the Availabe skills to the Tray.

All the characters I've created post S7 have this problem too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]