edited December 2012
    I've forwarded that on to QA.

You guys have a QA Department?

:eek:
  • Options
    glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    afree100 wrote: »

What I want to know though is wiether the other tier 4 Omega passive works with only DEM, the bleedthrough only works with DEM or it works with any energy weapon (or just cannons or something)?

It is a separate proc than the one from DEM. Confirmed with a parser, the Kinetic Damage bonus from T4 was providing about 4% of my total damage output on the low end 6% on the high end.
  • Options
    vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So do we get free respec ?:P
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I noticed on tribble its healing every 6 seconds at 262.5 per shield facing.

If its like that or around it for everyone, then that has just turned into a no brainer for me, thanks but no thanks on such a bad shield heal at tier 4

So wheres my respec then?, oh i have to buy one because it was not tested properly like other people will have to now.
  • Options
    darthvicious666darthvicious666 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ultijuice wrote: »
    Oh yes, please look into this.

And a bit unrelated bug, but the fermion transceiver console still doesnt repair the shields of allies.

I've done some testing and a little research, and I'm willing to bet that when deflector 'beams' (Tachyon Beam and Energy Siphon) had their global cooldowns separated from the AoE deflector abilities (Gravity Well and Tyken's Rift) the deflector officer wasn't updated to affect all of them.

I assume its simply an oversight. I used to program code of my own and the bigger the program is, the easier it is to miss the small things. No matter how many programmers are involved.
    STO Academy

U.S.S. Ultima, NCC-100101-X, Fleet Recon Science Vessel
    U.S.S. Demi, NCC-100101-Z, Peregrine Fighter
    U.S.S. Spaceball 1, NCC-123456, Tuffli Class Freighter

Glorious Melee Combat
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nice to address the t4 shield heal issue, but like others have said there are problems that have been going on longer that still need to be addressed such as either adding cold resists for ground armor or toning the compressed cryo launcher down a bit.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vesolc wrote: »
    So do we get free respec ?:P

Ofcourse not.Since they created this rep system I have to respec every week after the maintenance ....
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pinoir wrote: »
    Will the players who have already chosen this T4 shield ability get a respec to change it once it gets the nerf?

Agreed. I would have gone with other skill if I had know that the shield heal was going only be 50 per 6 sec. That does nothing for me. But when I chose the skill, I was offered 945 per 6 sec.

When you nerf the skill, will you please reset the skill assignment. I really do not like the whole bait and switch thing.
  • Options
    deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "the shield heal was going only be 50 per 6 sec."

Dude you have to be in space to see the correct value. You're on the ground. Its 250-280 shield regen every 6 seconds.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I could not care less, it still 1/4 of the original and WORTHLESS.
    The original was OP, even by PvE's standards (and that's saying a lot)... with it, any ship could withstand just about anything.

It's one thing for an item to be considered OP by half, and not by the other half, but it's quite another to be universally considered OP. There was no way that could stay in-game, regardless of opinions
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Finally got to test Borg Re-modulation, or should I say the total lack of the need to. I slaughtered well more than 40 Borg with Minigun and Pulsewave and never was asked to remod. Sadly Tribble went down before I could see if characters without the Borg t3 ability still had to remod.

EDIT: Wow, just wow.

Did following tests after server came back up:

Ace 6 with the Omega Remod Ability:
    Tetryon Pulswave 24 borg kills before adapted
    Disruptor Mini Gun: 6 borg kills
    Remoded
    Disruptor Mini Gun: 6 borg kills
    Tetryon Pulswave 8 borg kills before adapted
    Remoded
    Tetryon Pulswave 66 borg kills before I gave up testing but still had not adapted

Ace 4 without the Omega Remod Ability:
    Tetryon Pulswave 1.8 borg kills
    Disruptor Pulswave 3.2 borg kills
    Remoded
    Disruptor Pulswave 4 borg kills
    Tetryon Pulswave 3 borg kills
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    The original was OP, even by PvE's standards (and that's saying a lot)... with it, any ship could withstand just about anything.

It's one thing for an item to be considered OP by half, and not by the other half, but it's quite another to be universally considered OP. There was no way that could stay in-game, regardless of opinions

yep it was op because it was not working like described, instead of 9xx per 6 seconds you got 9xx per second... if they actually would fixed it and would made it 9xx per 6 seconds/facing it would be a nice passive buff without being OP because you can easily spike through it but against pve it gives you a bit of a buffer.. The fix is quite meh...