test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen Ship Info Misleading

captspock2233captspock2233 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I ran into a glitch with this ship. When i first checked the info on the ship, it says "Pack and can be traded in this state" after i got my first one, it says that it is bound to charater, i looked ant the info on the box, and that info says same think, pack and can be traded in this state. not i'm ticked, because i have 3 of them and they are bound, i did alot of trading to get these things, they should be like any other ship we and win in box, we should be allowed to tade this, only the ones from C-Store should be bound.
Post edited by captspock2233 on

Comments

• Options
    allen78j20stoallen78j20sto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Captain Spock, Captain Spock, space shuttle leaving in 15 minutes" sorry I couldnt resist, I love that movie!

Back on topic, you are right, Ive ran into this with other items, purple doff reward but when I open it its a uncommon, twice now, filed a ticket to no avail. The info on the items should be what they state.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    From the Season 7 Dev Blog #27.
    NOTE: The above stats are subject to change. The box that the ship comes in, which cannot be opened until the minimum rank listed above, is bound upon pickup.

So the only reason why it is in a box is if the player is not a level 40 or have no ship slots. So a level 5 player can throw the ship box in their box until they are level 40. If there is any info about the box saying it is tradeable, then its a bug.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    From the Season 7 Dev Blog #27.

So the only reason why it is in a box is if the player is not a level 40 or have no ship slots. So a level 5 player can throw the ship box in their box until they are level 40. If there is any info about the box saying it is tradeable, then its a bug.

Indeed, and it is bound to prevent gold sellers from obtaining hundreds of them on level 5 characters to sell.
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As a general rule of thumb, take everything written in the item descriptions with a grain of salt. As even today's release notes demonstrate, item descriptions usually have little to no relation to the item's actual abilities. Observe:
    Fixed a typo in the description of Blast Assault weapons where they were erroneously described as Exploting targets rather than Exposing them. This is a text change only.

As you can see, it doesn't matter one bit what the description says. Also, the winter jackets "say" it is only for captains, but you can put them on your bridge officers.