test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

12th Fleet Interviews dStahl

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
In the latest issue of "Valhalla Vanguard", 12th Fleet interviews Executive Producer Daniel Stahl.

Link to the issue.

UPDATE: A more reliable link has been added.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• tovalmorgantovalmorgan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    awesome.

big props to the 12th fleet magazine staff for another amazing issue.
    "We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited December 2012
    Who's the 12th fleet?
  • cassielynacassielyna Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Who's the 12th fleet?

http://forums.12th-fleet.com/ for our website or http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=148196 for our recruitment thread! :)
    Cassie Lynn@Achlyssa
    Directive 010
  • tovalmorgantovalmorgan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Who's the 12th fleet?

you must be new here...
    "We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you must be new here...

I've been here since beta and even I don't know who you are
    GwaoHAD.png
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »

they do a interview now and then.. other than that ^^^
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • intricatedstointricatedsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The fleet, one of the largest and longest existing, has been mentioned 5 times on this very forum since Nov 2010 for our fleet magazine and dev interviews... the last 4 mentions with dStahl interviews! :cool:

That being said, I may have paid more attention the others on the matter. :D
    =/\= ====================== =/\=
    Cmdr @Intricated
    Medical Division, Alpha Squad
    12th Fleet
  • socaltxwa86socaltxwa86 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Good Job on another great issue.
  • captainwestbrookcaptainwestbrook Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Good job Cassie! :D
    Join www.UFPlanets.com
    5 FED Fleets | 3 KDF Fleets - T5 Colony on both factions
    Mack.png
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    awesome issue guys, love it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    people who say "who are the 12th fleet" really mean, damn I know you guys are awesome and a nearly 500 member strong fleet and wish I was apart of it but im in a lowly fleet and cant get out" XD the amount of people iv had to direct to our recruitment page to join up, after hearing " iv heard you guys are an awesome and huge fleet, how do I join" XD so yeah don't hate us because we rock XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldy666goldy666 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Another awesome issue, well done folks :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    wow, just wow.. not about how awesome you guys are but what you think about yourself. i know a lot of fleets with a huge amount of people but its not about how people you are but how much are active and actually communicating. apart from people in the fleet who i maybe know, there is no other reason to join a fleet.. oh, maybe because of a cool fleet name.
    What ? Calaway.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    wow a dStahl interview without any repeats of already released PR info AND without any infos on new stuff but an actual interview about the behind the scenes workings of Cryptic.

That was actually interesting to read, thx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No I just never heard of you guys, I've seen you guys but that was that...but with ego's like that I appreciate my fleet mates even more.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • jaymaverick007jaymaverick007 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i have been with the 12th since before open beta. I love this fleet and will always try to stay connected to it. It can be easy to sound over enthusiastic with a group that has so much team spirit.

Congrats 12th fleet on another great interview!! I hold my beer up and salute you!

:CHEERS: ! ! !
    :):):):)
    Retired Rear Admiral-Jay Maverick-
    Known simply as -Maverick-
    Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
    Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
    He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
    "United Federation of Planets"
    12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
    Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you must be new here...
    people who say "who are the 12th fleet" ...

Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled.

Maybe rein in the chest thumping a bit and get that link working.
  • sndssnds Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We're working on some alternative links. Will supply them here when my sources get them uploaded. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • cassielynacassielyna Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    http://eamonnwatson.com/sto/magazine/201212/ is the new link. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Cheers,
    Cass
    Cassie Lynn@Achlyssa
    Directive 010
  • shapeshiftinshapeshiftin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled.

Maybe rein in the chest thumping a bit and get that link working.

Not "chest thumping" we are one of the largest and oldest fleets, and if you spend 2 -5 seconds and looked at the fleets that fly around you will see the 12th banner. From the main fleet, ALT fleet, to the KDF fleet. From PVP, PVE, to role play we're kinda everywhere in the game. All that happened was this....a job got done and a link was put up for any who wished to see it. As for the traffic...wow I think there are alot of 12th members with a smile on their face because we didnt see this coming.

The fix on a link last I heard is being worked on, this isnt a contest of "Im leet and everyone else sucks!", this was nothing more than "Hey we did this would you like to check it out?". If you see it any other way then your looking way too hard into it. Just be happy in the fact the STO is growing, from the makers to the gamers, we (everyone) are getting better everyday. From the folks that just enjoy the solo play to the folks who write up books about their ship, captain, and crew.

Thank you to everyone who worked so hard on this, thank you to my fellow 12th members and sto gamers for being a great bunch, and thank you to STO for posting us on the website and to all that took some time to check us out.

:P
  • raptorgtraptorgt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Magazine is awesome like always guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    A more reliable link has been added to the OP: http://eamonnwatson.com/sto/magazine/201212/

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why can't anyone ask pointed questions.

Like what is the timeline on fixing bugs? Is QA effectively doing its job? Why does it seem the community is being ignored?

But no. A handful of "eh" questions. Good job there. And thanx for making me have to zoom in and click to turn the page of the interview. Wouldn't want to just have to scroll down or anything.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • sndssnds Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why can't anyone ask pointed questions.

Like what is the timeline on fixing bugs? Is QA effectively doing its job? Why does it seem the community is being ignored?

But no. A handful of "eh" questions. Good job there. And thanx for making me have to zoom in and click to turn the page of the interview. Wouldn't want to just have to scroll down or anything.

Someone is bitter. And sorry about the format but this is our fleet digital mag not a bloody blog. If you don't like it don't read it.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The interview was nice, though there wasn't anything new and I didn't like Dan's evasion of the first question about the Omega Rep, basically saying the answer was too complicated to go into during an interview. I suppose it may be true, but it's still disappointing. The magazine looks great, excellent/high production value.

Good job.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you must be new here...

You shouldnt assume that people are new if they never heard about it. I myself have been in STO for over 3 yrs and havent heard of this fleet either online nor forums.

BTW, can they (Cryptic) also secure interviews with other fleets? I'm favor of free publicity but there are tons of "great" fleets out there who would like to be given the same treatment. Just saying fair is fair and the forum should be open to "all" fleets not just exclusive rights to information.

...and yes being preemptive for those who will question my opinion as this is an open forum. I salute your right to question as you should salute/respect my right to utter my own personal opinion.
    DUwNP.gif

• xeoffresxeoffres Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for sharing!

Really cool magazine and a great read. Do you make a new magazine every month?
  • lechouy1lechouy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    SOMETHING REALLY BOTHER ME
    why it is so obvious that i have the odd impression that cryptic does just care for americans, what about europeans , like frenchies, spanish, german.
    it seems really that we are the fifth arm.
    and it is not the impression of just me :an exemple spotlight missions in foundry always in english ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    snds wrote: »
    Someone is bitter. And sorry about the format but this is our fleet digital mag not a bloody blog. If you don't like it don't read it.

+1

Do I have to join to get a subscription?!

It's rhetorical ... but I do wish i could read more about STO from this point of view.
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nice job on the magazine.