Install Arc
Options

Fleet Marks and Dilithium - Still not Enough

13»

Comments

• Options
    yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As a solo fleet holder (soon to be hopefully moving to a larger fleet) I am rolling in FM's right now.

Before I was effecively given the choice of either earning FM's or Dilithium, now I can do both in one easy package. I've pulled in 1200 FM's from playing around 8 hours, all the while gaining EC and Dilithium too.

The change is more than enough to resolve the issue small fleets are facing. It's more than enough to resolve the issue large fleets are facing.

As I always said on my posts elsewhere, fixing FM supply will potentially fix a lot of other current issues people are having. How about we all give it a week before determining if it's still not enough.
  • Options
    dertylondertylon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I didn't read all the posts before me... But I still want to say this :
    I'm in a small fleet, fed as well as kdf. We're not even at tier 3 for the fed. sb, and we only just begun the tier 2 sb project for the kdf...

And I must say that I'm very happy with the recent change in the foundry missionand officer reports... It gets 60 marks (with bonus pool) per mission... And the mission is never the same ! That's not grinding anymore... You don't have to do the same thing over & over again... You just have to play the game...

So yes, it will take time to get a tier 5 starbase, probably more than year.. But, the point of the game is not to get a tier 5 sb, but the journey you take to get there...

It's now fun to get the fm & dil. through the foundry mission, & that's all that matters... ;)
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sb24 is never part of the 3.

Are you sure? I've had a SB24 give me the FM and dil just yesterday.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are you sure? I've had a SB24 give me the FM and dil just yesterday.

Yeah, pretty sure. Did it yesterday with 4 other fleet members, and non of them received fleet marks. Only that 480 Dilithium that is there normally at the end, plus the item according your position in the standings)
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
    • The Fleet Action daily that randomly picks 1 of 3 missions now gives 50 Fleet Marks and 960 Dilithium.
    Dunno on which server you are playing nor what game you are. Just did a Starbase 24. Zero fleet marks and only 480 Dilithium. Be free to check it yourself
    Checkmate. Was it the Daily Fleet action at the time, or did you just go into a SB24?

(source)
    I think Branflakes posted (or someone has quoted) the wrong information.

I know that the Officer Reports Mission (which used to be three, now is a single mission) rewards 50 Fleet Marks and 960 Dilithium. Maybe you guys are thinking about that?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    Or maybe the intention wasn't for small and medium sized fleet to fill their assignments and hit tier 5 in the absolute fastest time possible.

If you are in a fleet of about 100 or less, you will NOT be going nearly as fast as someone with a fleet of 300 or 500... Just think about it...

You keep asking for more but Dilithium is SUPER easy to get now... Romulan Marks are stupid easy now too. at this moment, I dont have to run an STF or Romulan Mission for atleast a month... So just put in even a modest amount of time and you are set for life
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bugshu wrote: »
    The game survives because of Zen. And if less people play then less people will buy zen. If the ones that do play - then play less - because they are bored - they also will buy less zen. And if people discover that when they buy zen that they get less value for their money - they might start buying less zen.

How will the game survive indeed if you have less players, people playing less, and people buying less.

Games do close and I can name you dozens that have.....

DStahl could go back and try to work for city of heroes again or something ......

Oh wait ...

Lets see who designed COH....

That would be Cryptic....

Who said COH had a free to play model worth of emulation ....

That would be Cryptic.....

Who said COH was on the right track by making players grind more and giving them less...

That would be Cryptic.....

Who said COH had the best Microtransaction store in MMO's

That would be Cryptic......

Its well and good to have City of Heroes as your role model .....

Except .....

Oh yeah - It failed

Survival is an issue when a games not fun

CoH didn't fail, it was shut down by NCSoft for no reason anyone can ascertain (discounting some corporate jargon anyway).

Every available financial statement, backed up by the Devs themselves now that they are no longer bound by NDAs, said that CoH was making more money under F2P/Microtransactions than it ever did under subscriptions.

Cryptic could do far worse than looking to their past to guide their future.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    priapus1priapus1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sorry guys i was reading through some of these posts and i found them rather interesting. i just started playing the game in september and i just now did my very first foundry mission. and from what i have read i should have gotten dil for playing it? i didnt get anything for playing it other than some personal weapons that im going to sell in about 5 minutes. and what's this about "clickies"?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    priapus1 wrote: »
    sorry guys i was reading through some of these posts and i found them rather interesting. i just started playing the game in september and i just now did my very first foundry mission. and from what i have read i should have gotten dil for playing it? i didnt get anything for playing it other than some personal weapons that im going to sell in about 5 minutes.

Did you have the "Investigate Officer Reports" daily quest activated? That's what gives you extra dil & marks for doing a Foundry mission.
    and what's this about "clickies"?

In the past, the daily mission had no restriction on what missions would count for it. So there were a great many incredibly short missions made - enter a room, activate one console, congrats on finishing the mission. i.e, you just had to "click" once. Clickies.
  • Options
    priapus1priapus1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    wow wish i could have done some of those
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    <3