test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl 4 Omega Reputation - Problem opening Store for Borg

gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I added the Borg Prosthetic Arm XII to a open project slot and added the necessary materials to begin the project. I went and did something else, came back to the Reputation screen...and there are no projects to "collect", I have 3 open slots...like I never added any project. I did notice the Store button is now lit, but when I push that, a window opens, but it's a blank window. If I go back to the list of projects...the Borg Prosthetic Arm XII project is no longer available to select..only XI shows up. Has anyone had this problem...HELP!

screenshot of blank store window - http://i.imgur.com/IhOV3.jpg?1\

Edit: Thinking that I could force populate the window somehow, I started another project for Borg Pistols...I watched that project complete and clicked "STORE" and that window opened but the Prosthetic Arm XII weapons don't show up--- http://i.imgur.com/4tgs0.jpg?1

Edit 2: I tried rebooting the game, changing locations..etc. Doesn't change anything.
Post edited by gbehlpnu2012 on

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Bug report it.

pretty sure it should be a store item (it will say above the XI project if its a store item or not).

always worth changing instances or logging off and on, just to see if its updated.

if not its possible when they changed the cycle from 40 hours to 2 mins that the store still think its on 40hrs and will show in a couple of days, but bug it anyway.
  • jameswatson2090jameswatson2090 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have had this problem too after doing the same project you did for the Borg Prosthetic Arm XII and it also showed a blank screen too.
    James Watson, Galaxy Defender.
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    same problem, no listing for mk xii arm after finishing the research on it.
  • cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm having this same problem, submitted a bug report but as of yet no response. It's really quite vexing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    " added the necessary materials to begin the project. I went and did something else, came back to the Reputation screen...and there are no projects to "collect", I have 3 open slots...like I never added any project."

Have had this happend to me on my KDF toon about 5 or 6 times (so far), but with reputation progress.
    Putting in the Omega/Romulan requirements, see the timer start... did some gaming, logg out and next day gone! (like i never started) this was before and after the "collect reward" was intruduced.
    After the first time I thought "Oh i forgot.. well well" but when I knew I started the project and still nothing, I knew something was wrong...

I started doing the KDF and FED char's at the same time but Im ahead on one of them.

I don't even bother anymore... just another bug.. there is so much odd things happening and the "Nothing is wrong" and "Never explain anything" policy that seems to be in use will never change... And don't tell me to submit a ticket.. Did it ones, never got an answer, never doing it again....NEVER.... If it becomes to much I will allways have the option to quit gaming..

Sorry for the bit,ching but it's getting very annoying.
  • velhymstovelhymsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same issue as reported above.

Just finished the project, it no longer appears in my listings, but the store opens to a blank screen with "Exit" as the only option.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same exact issue here.

I literally finished this mission less than ten minutes ago. Nothing.

Tried zoning, changing characters and changing back, even logging out entirely.

NOTHING.

So now I'm out 180 Omega marks that I could have out into another project, a few hundred thousand EC for the replicatable items.

But hey, at least the Store button lights up and opens a BLANK ******* window.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just finished the unlock project, same issue, nothing showing in the store. The project is also no longer there to run again to unlock XII prosthetics.
    edited December 2012
    john98837 wrote: »
    Just finished the unlock project, same issue, nothing showing in the store. The project is also no longer there to run again to unlock XII prosthetics.

yup. ANd nothing on tomorrows patch notes about fixing this either.

It's great that we've sunk all o this effort and time into these projects only to not be able to GET any of the items we've unlocked.

WHat the hell?
    edited December 2012
    One more item to add to my list of annoyances with this rep system, right under the lack of an anti borg pulsewave.
  • kinjak11kinjak11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same issue for me, right down the the MK12 prosthetic being the only project i started.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same here! Completed project but no Arms in the store!
  • this1isavailablethis1isavailable Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same issue on KDF side here...
  • dirtybag101dirtybag101 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you must first unlock the Mk XI Protethic arms to see the MK XII in the shop dont ask why that is i dont know ^^
    edited December 2012
    That's not how it's supposed to work.

I'm not going to spend hard earned marks and EC to unlock items I do not need.
  • tshanik78tshanik78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same for me. Prosthetic arm project was available, I completed it, and now I have a blank store page. Super annoying.
  • saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That's not how it's supposed to work.

I'm not going to spend hard earned marks and EC to unlock items I do not need.

Yup that's how it works, its a store progression. Mk XI is tier 1 and Mk XII is tier 2. For example, you can't try to unlock tier 5 in your rep system without first unlocking tier 4. It's the way of things.

To clarify, I did the Mk XII borg prosthetic project. When I opened the store tab there was nothing in there and only the exit button to greet me. Perplexed, I did the Mk XI project as they are listed as tiers (1 and 2). Once that was completed, I opened the store and both Mk XI and Mk XII along with their variants (maintenance, medical, tactical) were listed. The Mk XII version is listed at 4735 dilithium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
    edited December 2012
    That is not correct, or atleast not how it is ment to work. For example I never unlocked mk xi anti borg weapons, why would i waste my marks on them, but i did unlock mk xii assault weapons. They appeared fine in the store, aside from the fact that the have denied me my pulsewave. If regular weapons don't require you to do it as a progression i find it highly unlikely prosthetics would, unless someone pressed the wrong button somewhere.
    edited December 2012
    The store is glitched. You need to unlock at LEAST two items to have ANY show up.

It's stupid and a waste of hard earned resources but it's the only way to do it right now.

Pretty sure one reason there are so many issues with this game is because the Devs don't actually PLAY the game.

THye may pop on from time to time on their "private" characters but none of them have invested time,and effort into the game.

None of them have ground their characters gear out and been smacked int the face time and again by frustrating bugs.

A psychiatrist needs to be analyzed before he can practice, a game developer for an MMO should have a non-public known account and have to log at least three hours of play time a week.
    edited December 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    The store is glitched. You need to unlock at LEAST two items to have ANY show up.

Incorrect.

I unlocked Borg Mk XII Pistols back when that project still was 40 hours. It was the very first store unlock project I've done. Upon completion the pistols successfully appeared in store.

Basically, only Mk XII Arms require other unlocks. Other Store Unlock projects work fine.
    edited December 2012
    I can confirm that other XII store items can be unlocked alone as well, its just the XII prosthetic. The only other item I unlocked was the XII Assault Weapons, and they show fine in the store, aside from the glaring lack of a Pulsewave.
  • winstonandarwinstonandar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd like to chip in and say that I encountered the same bug, but with the Anti-Borg Consumables Tier IV. I did not unlock any MK XI consumables or weapons.

The Romulan Store works fine and doesn't require low level unlocks for higher tier ones.

Brandon, if you could forward this to the right people and get it fixed asap, much appreciated.

With regards,
    edited December 2012
    Looks like it will get fixed on thursday when the tribble updates move to holodeck: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=485031
    edited December 2012
    john98837 wrote: »
    Looks like it will get fixed on thursday when the tribble updates move to holodeck: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=485031

Good news! Especially the part where it's retroactive (no need to run project again).

Now I will just wait till Thursday.
  • tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Currently have TWO Tier four items purchased in store, yet can't see either one.
    So anyone who says you need two is sadly incorrect.
    Guess will wait til Thursday to get them.
  • rojkellrojkell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I thought this was supposed to be fixed in today's patch? It is still showing up blank for me.

Has anyone else's been corrected? This is the MK XII Arm store is the only store I have unlocked. Could that be the issue?

Thanks!