test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl 4 Omega Reputation - Don't purchase Borg Prosthetic Arm XII

gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
Do not waste your materials and purchase this item as it will not show up in the store...a few others have now reported the same thing that happened to me which is a blank window.

Link to the bug report: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481121
Post edited by gbehlpnu2012 on

Comments

• brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Awww Cryptic, it's so cute and endearing how you keep doing this.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • creamyzombiecreamyzombie Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ah, glad it's not just me. It's the only Store project I've done so I just get a blank window with 'Exit'.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    very nice! cryptic, care for explanation?
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Seeing things like this and the Romulan BOFF not working right makes me think that there are a ton of things they roll out and probably think "We will eventually fix it" and it never gets done. Same thing with the exchange. I mean seriously. Can we not get a couple of people to just bear down for a week or two and get it working correctly with all viable options? What am I paying you for besides sitting on the game and getting angry that things aren't working right.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Seeing things like this and the Romulan BOFF not working right makes me think that there are a ton of things they roll out and probably think "We will eventually fix it" and it never gets done. Same thing with the exchange. I mean seriously. Can we not get a couple of people to just bear down for a week or two and get it working correctly with all viable options? What am I paying you for besides sitting on the game and getting angry that things aren't working right.

i think they actually didn't make it and like u said...they'd get around to it before anybody got to that level.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited December 2012

After seeing this for almost three years with every update, I doubt they will start anytime soon ;)
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I hate to say it, but Cryptic is absolutely horrendous when it comes to fixes.

Just look at the recent WW PvP race, where they took too long to implement a fix and now there is no more point to it. Or the still bugged Season 6 content <cough> cadet inspection <cough>. And there is no sign of them fixing those major UI Bugs that came with Season 7.....
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Seeing things like this and the Romulan BOFF not working right makes me think that there are a ton of things they roll out and probably think "We will eventually fix it" and it never gets done.

KDF

/47char
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Isn't it just the green minigun we saw before ?
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i think they actually didn't make it and like u said...they'd get around to it before anybody got to that level.

What you actually expecting them to work? Is this a unionized job? :D
    DUwNP.gif

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    Isn't it just the green minigun we saw before ?

Yes, but its Mk XII. I am hoping it actually replaces your arm with a borg arm instead of being a minigun. I would even accept a borg arm with handles and trigger.
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Yes, but its Mk XII. I am hoping it actually replaces your arm with a borg arm instead of being a minigun. I would even accept a borg arm with handles and trigger.

For God's Sake Man - don't you be putting creative ideas in their heads!
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh I doubt they gave it a new skin but yeah would be cool if were an actual borg arm
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    KDF

/47char

LOL, straight to the heart of the matter.:D
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My window openeed when it was fineshed and I got the Tac arm haven't tried it on the borg yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
    edited December 2012
    age03 wrote: »
    My window openeed when it was fineshed and I got the Tac arm haven't tried it on the borg yet.

I'll cut to the chase. I don't believe you. Put up some pics with the "store" window and the borg XII weapons showing.
    edited December 2012
    I'll cut to the chase. I don't believe you. Put up some pics with the "store" window and the borg XII weapons showing.

Wouldn't be the first time that something was available to only some players and not to others due to some annoying bug.
  • zerotractionzerotraction Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Considering how long they originally planned for all these projects to take, I can certainly believe they were going to put off the fixes for a month or two. Tier 5 alone will take minimum of 17 days all on its own.
    edited December 2012

I would if my window would show up in a SS and i don't have my type XII yet but I do have the prothestic arm.
    Star Trek Gamers
    edited December 2012
    I would if my window would show up in a SS and i don't have my type XII yet but I do have the prothestic arm.

So you have the Borg Prosthetic - Tactical Drone Mk XI not the Mk XII?
  • creamyzombiecreamyzombie Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Seems I fixed my issue of the MKXII not showing up. I had to do the MKXI store unlock, now both are there. Strange, but there you go.
    edited December 2012
    Seems I fixed my issue of the MKXII not showing up. I had to do the MKXI store unlock, now both are there. Strange, but there you go.

I'll try it, because I know the dev's aren't going to do anything about it.
    edited December 2012

Talking about Tier 4..XII prothestic arm. If you have not done that project, then you don't know what I'm talking about. Hopefully it wont happen to you.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I did the Mk XI project first, then the Mk XII and I have them unlocked. Turns out the prosthetic arms share the same store tab, so yes you need Mk XI unlocked for the window to appear. Weird...
    edited December 2012
    Apparently the Anti-Borg Consumables work like that too. Unlocked the ones at Tier 4, but no tab. Just the Mk XII weapons. So apparently it is set up so that you need to unlock the first version to see the better ones. And I was hoping to avoid those projects.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I unlocked Tier 4 last night and managed to open the MK12 Rifles without buying the MK X or the MK XI and still got the store. The consumables, wasn't paying attention and see there was 2 tiers. (BTW, what's with the consumables asking for Dilithium when some of that stuff is free drops in the missions themselves? :confused:)

BTW, the Omega Reputation Shield Buff and the Omega Torpedo, well worth it! :D
    edited December 2012
    hypl wrote: »
    BTW, the Omega Reputation Shield Buff...., well worth it! :D

And going to be nerfed eventually. There is dev confirmation on that.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dont know what you guys talking about...I saw people already playing with it...most recently at Mine trap. The guy who was using did not have any problem with it. Did you ever complete the project? or could be an individual glitch rather than a massive panic error. Looks like a cool weapon but just stating what I saw;)
    DUwNP.gif

edited December 2012
    Dont know what you guys talking about...I saw people already playing with it...most recently at Mine trap. The guy who was using did not have any problem with it. Did you ever complete the project? or could be an individual glitch rather than a massive panic error. Looks like a cool weapon but just stating what I saw;)

It looks like the version of Tier 2 is required to unlock the tab while the version at Tier 4 only adds items to store. People were going for the Tier 4 version and bypassing the Tier 2 version which is apparently necessary to get the Tier 4 items.
    edited December 2012
    Yes .That is right I just got the 11 not the 12 and it works perfectly well.I took a SS but the window won't show up just my ship is there.
    Star Trek Gamers